BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is Our Recent Form Down To The Intertoto

waggy

Hughes: "The Intertoto has helped us."

"I think we all accept that the Intertoto benefited us," says Mark Hughes. Well God help us if we hadn't been playing in the Intertoto then - we'd be struggling in the bottom half of the table if we hadn't got some of those early wins under our belt during the opening period of the Premiership season.

After Hughes won the "Manager of the Month" award for October, the team subsequently struggled with some abysmal performances including the 5-3 defeat at Wigan and the humilaiting 1-4 home defeat against Coventry in the FA Cup.

Hughes says: "We always aspire to have European football every year". The trustees though seem to think this can be done on a shoestring budget - having pulled the plug (temporarily I hope) on any funding for Hughes in the transfer market.

If the trustees believe that we can have European football every season without any funding from them, then I fear they are not living in the real world.

There is no money available. Nobody connected with the club has the sufficient combination of support and financial backing to provide funds for a loss making venture.

Unless you know otherwise then why bother constantly making negative comments with regards to the running of the club. You're obviously not in a suitable position to provide said funding and as such its not your right to suggest that those who are, should do.

Archived