• Reid
    • Bentley
    • Tugay
    • Pedersen
    • Santa Cruz

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no idea how that happened. Its wasn't intentional, you're a bit of a moron if you think it was!

Well, I would have thought it was intentional if it wasn't for the fact that the first and last post was 6 minutes apart!! It's a moron here alright, but it aint me!

Who else is there though? We've had Reid play there and he's clearly better in the middle. We've had Khiza play there in the Carling Cup against Pompey and he looked dodgy there as well.

Thats exactly the point - why aren't we looking to replace him? He's only playing right back because he proved he wasn't good enough for the position we originally bought him for.

He's not even close to premiership standard - and whats worse is he gets forward more now than he did when he played right wing!

I think this season's ambitions had better be scaled back to hitting that 40 point mark. Dominated for 70 minutes and Chelsea scored from 2 minutes of pressure. Since Roberts has come on, the midfield has disappeared - not that Pederson or Dunn in particular were evident anyway. Tugay never got in the game, Bentley provided some good openings but wasted several more. Was a great chance to beat Chelsea today but, when you're down nothing runs for you. Credit Khizi, I thought he did well in Samba's absence today though resorted to putting his foot through the ball more times than I would have liked. Probably my man of the match. Going to be a long winter, I might go and hibernate with a case of beer and hope that things pick up in the spring.

A much improved performance against a top side in the Premier League.

We hit the woodwork a few times and Hilario pulled off a world class save and we had other chances to get a goal but unfortunately Chelsea got the goal that counted today.

I was impressed with Khiza and felt Reid in the middle made out midfield stronger than in previous games.

I wonder whether leaving McCarthy out will mean that he's likely to be off in the transfer window? Not long till we find out!

I would still play Tugay in that system, when he 'fresh' that is. We don't have many players who can play the football but he certainly can. I can understand people who are saying he is not upto it anymore, but we can get away with it in the system we started the match in.

We would have beaten most teams outside the top 4 today - thought Zurab looked good and Reid is improving.

Well, I would have thought it was intentional if it wasn't for the fact that the first and last post was 6 minutes apart!! It's a moron here alright, but it aint me!

You would have thought it was intentional if it WASN'T for the posts being minutes apart? So you don't think it was intentional now? You might want to make your mind up, atleast give me the courtesy of knowing exactly what i'm arguing against...

Brad Friedel

David Bentley

Benni McCarthy

The only quality players in our team at the moment. The rest are simply inadequate. And that includes Santa Cruz.

But unfortunately you cannot win games with 3 players, let alone 2 like we had today. And I don't know what Hughes can do about it in the transfer window as we do not have the funds to fix all this.

I wonder whether leaving McCarthy out will mean that he's likely to be off in the transfer window? Not long till we find out!

Here's hoping.

A much improved first half today, but I was dissapointed with our second half performance given that we had to get back into the game. There was just no urgency-I dont think we had one decent ball into their box for the final ten minutes. Its good to see a better performance from the lads but again another game and another defeat.

Zurab played well. I'd actually like to see him partner Samba, Nelsen's been disappointing.. and slow. But he's our captain, so I doubt that'll happen. I do feel sorry for Zurab, I think he's just as good as Ooijer, if not better, but he gets no playing time.

Frustrating that we played fairly well and have nothing to show for it. Tugay didn't do much while he was on, but once we took him off and went 4-4-2 things went downhill.. Pedersen wasn't bad, but Bentley was our best (only) chance of breaching the Chelsea defense. Emerton was frustrating offensively today, kept losing the ball.

I hate Joe Cole...

You would have thought it was intentional if it WASN'T for the posts being minutes apart? So you don't think it was intentional now? You might want to make your mind up, atleast give me the courtesy of knowing exactly what i'm arguing against...

Sorry, my english let me down there. Point is, the post where 6 minutes apart, and in my book that is a sign that it was intentional to post the rubbish that many times.

Sorry, my english let me down there. Point is, the post where 6 minutes apart, and in my book that is a sign that it was intentional to post the rubbish that many times.

Let's move on. This is irrelevant to the thread and it's getting repetitive.

We just lost to Chelsea so let's talk about the game :xmas:

I think Chelsea showed how to defend from the front today. They were rock solid in the second half and they used all the tricks in the book at the end to waste time. The 6 minutes flew by at the end of the game with the constant holding of the ball in the corner flags and keeping possession.

We need to learn from teams when they come to Ewood and defend superbly.

Some crazy posts on here. Anyway, here's mine!

Typical top team win by Chelsea- they were weakened by injuries, off form but were well enough organised to take advantage of the run of the ball offensively and defensively.

Negatives (apart from losing)

- defense opened up a couple of times with Nelsen struggling for pace

- Tugay at walking pace plus poor passing

- Emerton again athletic and strong but no football brain

- Roberts showed why he is no answer to our problems

- result piles on the pressure to get something from the visit to City

Positives

- Zura was very good

- Reid getting better

- MGP improving

- Bentley outstanding

- Santa Cruz caused Chelsea lots of problems until he got too isolated then had to go deep looking for the ball

Could have done with at least a point but at least an encouraging performance.

Well in that case I can only assert once again that you are a moron :-)

I'd have to day that i only got to watch the last 1.2 hour but in that time there were many hints and playing great football and then there were moments of rubish. for a time we couldnt control the ball and with as many chances we had a point is the minamum i expceted. I dontr know what sparky told these guys but they seemed to have started to get out of the funk there in we'll see next game and see if we can get back to kick ass and taken names. Over all disapointed by the loss but excited to see reid getting better and the team getting out of there funk (hopfully). Brad is MOTM for me all day!

Grow up children is it not the season of good will ?

All Rovers were missing today was a bit of good luck and a central midfielder who can run and pass. For everything good about him lets all agree, TUGAY cannot play at this level especially against pass and move teams.

I thought Rovers coped with Chelsea even if they were missing stars.

I agree with the Rovers ambitions being reassessed. lets get back to the 40 point achievement and a 4th round FA Cup passage before anything else.

yes we are 6 points off the top 6 with a healthy run of games on the horizon.

Happy Christmas people, all the very best

All Rovers were missing today was a bit of good luck and a central midfielder who can run and pass.

I think part of the problem is that we get nothing like enough goals from central midfield. Not one of the ones we have runs past the strikers or can be relied upon to finish. Look at the goals we've been conceding recently from teams who have players who can do that: Cole; Eduardo; that Wigan bloke for their first.

I dug out this seasons stats for our central midfield cohort and it's appalling: Tugay, Savage, Mokoena, Reid and Dunn have appeared 78 times between them and scored 3 goals. Add in MGP's 2 goals in 24 appearances on top of that and its 5 goals from 102 appearances. IF Rocky or Bentley doesn't score, that's it.

Big pluses for me today were Zurab and, peversely, Reid. I think he's our best water-carrier, but needs to be partnered by someone who carries a genuine threat.

MGP and Dunn were disappointing yet again. When MGP gets the ball in a good position, my pulse actually slows down now as a conditioned reflex. and watching Dunn do his stepovers reminds me of watching elephants at Billy Smart's - lumbering is not the word.

Archived