BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Radio 1 Censors Pogues' Fairytale

No it's both ....

Cambridge Online dictionary

faggot (HOMOSEXUAL)

noun [C] (INFORMAL fag) MAINLY US SLANG

a homosexual man. This word is considered offensive when it is used by people who are not homosexual.

Which makes one wonder what it is considered as when it is used by faggo... err..... homosexuals? :blink:

I wouldn’t believe it would be a term of endearment.

I just wish my brother Matt, who died of cancer in March this year age 37, was still here. Going to be a horrible Christmas without him. There I've said it now. Miss you brother.x.

Was there something wrong with what I wrote or is it a bit close to home for you?

LOL :lol:

Good grief,

Do all of you homophobes have to bang on in such an insecure way. Is there something wrong with you that you have to

bang on about the word "faggot" which described a bundle of wood or an English-type haggis/black pudding, and has lately been used in the USA do derogatively describe gay people.

Dik

American

Left Winger

Thenodrog

Adopted Scoucer

Blue Phil

You're all completely interested in the word and its etymology. I really think you need to explain to the rest of us why you are getting so very very excited about it.

Good grief,

Do all of you homophobes have to bang on in such an insecure way. Is there something wrong with you that you have to

bang on about the word "faggot" which described a bundle of wood or an English-type haggis/black pudding, and has lately been used in the USA do derogatively describe gay people.

Dik

American

Left Winger

Thenodrog

Adopted Scoucer

Blue Phil

You're all completely interested in the word and its etymology. I really think you need to explain to the rest of us why you are getting so very very excited about it.

You are being a bit arse about face there Colin. The excitement is all amongst the overly sensitive controllers at BBC Radio 1 censoring one line of a song that has been very popular for 20 years and which has never been questioned or queeried before. ;)

Good grief,

Dik

American

Left Winger

Thenodrog

Adopted Scoucer

Blue Phil

The rest of us are just having a laugh , Col .....you're the one getting worked up about it all :unsure::rolleyes:

Good grief,

Dik

American

Left Winger

Thenodrog

Adopted Scoucer

Blue Phil

Hi Colin,

I'd be curious in how I was getting "so very very excited"? I just said that activists don't usually speak for the majority. Despite having a stutter, I love A Fish Called Wanda, especially K-K-K-K-Ken. Somehow when it came out activists said that I was offended.

If anything, my point was more that you shouldn't tar everyone with the same PC brush because of what a vocal minority say.

"The word 'faggot' was taken out of the track but has now been put back in after a massive response from the public. Radio 1's controller Andy Parfitt says listeners are smart enough to distinguish between maliciousness and creative freedom."

Listeners probably are ....... but by implication it's obvious that Radio 1's controllers are not even smart enough to find their arses with both hands in the dark! :xmas:

Hi Colin,

I'd be curious in how I was getting "so very very excited"?

Yeh, sorry mate.

It's just the usual mob getting all excited about the word "faggot." I suppose it replaces immigrants & Muslims and gets them all excited about bottom-sex.

Someone at the BBC bleeped it, it got un-bleeped. End of. I'm not bothered.

Over & out.

• 4 weeks later...
Having a gay time used to be having a happy time, and a faggot was a meat ball, what other words are these sickos going to hijack!

It's a mad world these days. Would you believe that political correctness has even caught up with sign language now - in terms of the appropriate sign language gestures that deaf people should use.

One sign language gesture that has been used for many years, which features a flick of a limp wrist has been deemed "offensive to homosexuals". I'm not kidding. Apparently the only sign that deaf people should now use to indicate "gay" is an upright thumb on one hand in the palm of the other, wobbling from side to side.

LINK HERE

The sad thing is that most of the "activists" don't speak for the majority they are supposed to be advocates for.

Spanish homosexual activists have filed criminal charges against a bishop who condemned sodomy.

Bishop Alvarez was quoted as saying: "The phenomenon of homosexuality is something that damages people and society. Eventually we will suffer the consequences just as other civilizations have."

The Spanish Federation of Lesbians, Gays, Transsexuals and Bisexuals said that the bishop was guilty of "promoting an attitude of violence and discrimination" against homosexuals, and formal charges have been filed against the bishop.

Link to this story

What Alvarez said is shocking coming from a man of the cloth.

Why? It would have been more shocking if he had

1. praised the practice of homosexuality.

2. Lied.

btw 'a man of the cloth'? Whats that got to do with it? Most religious leaders wearing Muslim 'cloth' condemn homosexuality..... and in much stronger terms as well.

Archived