BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage - The Bad Apple

Roost

So, word has it that our friend Mr Savage, now that he is fit, has caused division in the dressing room because he thinks that he is better than some of the midfielders picked before him in the side.

Laughable really - I didnt hear him moaning when he was collecting his wages whilst injured.

Do us one big favour Savage and sign for Sunderland - please.

Mokoena - you have a nerve - if I played football as bad as you I would keep my head down and keep my gob shut.

Roberts - see Savage above - another who kept very quiet when injured. If you were that good, how come you only touched the ball three times when you came on yesterday?

Benni - Will miss your goals. Wont miss your blatant attempts to hawk yourself around to other clubs whilst still wearing a Rovers shirt.

Hopefully January will bring a goodbye to the 'gang of four'

One ove - BRFC

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, word has it that our friend Mr Savage, now that he is fit, has caused division in the dressing room because he thinks that he is better than some of the midfielders picked before him in the side.

Laughable really - I didnt hear him moaning when he was collecting his wages whilst injured.

Do us one big favour Savage and sign for Sunderland - please.

Mokoena - you have a nerve - if I played football as bad as you I would keep my head down and keep my gob shut.

Roberts - see Savage above - another who kept very quiet when injured. If you were that good, how come you only touched the ball three times when you came on yesterday?

Benni - Will miss your goals. Wont miss your blatant attempts to hawk yourself around to other clubs whilst still wearing a Rovers shirt.

Hopefully January will bring a goodbye to the 'gang of four'

One ove - BRFC

Where has all this come from?

Considering the fact that Rovers have a few local lads playing for them, I would imagine that the information is fairly reliable.

When you look at Savages general demeanur and body language - even when he has managed to get on the pitch - it would seem to have some truth.

I watched him against Arsenal last tuesday, and that is not the Savage we signed.

No doubt come January, we will know more - or perhaps he will move on quietly.

Not sure if I will miss his flowing locks and flailing arms too much................................ :unsure:

Don't think any of them will go, not in Jan anyway, as we would have to replace them and Benni is the only one we would get serious money for.

Let's face it against Arsenal with maybe the exception of Cruz none of the players looked great especially in the first half.

God I hate threads like this. Where is the proof that this is happening?

You say its the local lads saying this so either you have been speaking too Dunn or Derbs or one of the youth team then?

Why try and damage our own club by saying such things that probably arnt true

Considering the fact that Rovers have a few local lads playing for them, I would imagine that the information is fairly reliable.

that doesnt really have much to do with anything though does it? every club has quite a few local lads in the team and rumours like this still fly around the place. its not really worth talking about till we hear anything else on this aside from one speculative post on a forum.

:rover: heard this myself a few weeks back,it certianly will be intresting if someone bid a million for savage :brfcsmilie:

Easy target, strong character, but the guy has the utmost respect for the manager and his staff.

Load of Jingle bells me thinks.

Don't think any of them will go, not in Jan anyway, as we would have to replace them and Benni is the only one we would get serious money for.

With his current form and his swollen bottom lip sticking out for the whole world to see I am not so sure we would even get serious money for him now. Maybe, maybe around 5m mark

Padihampedro, if you can justify why this should have it's own topic, then fair enough. If there's nothing of any substance to it, then it will likely be closed.

And how exactly do I 'justify' this thread? How on earth will we know whether there is any substance to it until something actually happens?

Den, feel free to close this thread, but I think that the whole issue of upset within the camp warrants a thread because there has certainly been something that has affected the spirit and togetherness of the players.

Who knows whether this is the reason but there is a reason.

One Love - BRFC

As regards this thread the rumours I've heard are that Savage is indeed unhappy about not being in the team. (No bad thing?)

However my contacts seem to think he is NOT the major source of unrest in the camp so I suggest this thread is taken with a huge pinch of salt.

And how exactly do I 'justify' this thread? How on earth will we know whether there is any substance to it until something actually happens?

Den, feel free to close this thread, but I think that the whole issue of upset within the camp warrants a thread because there has certainly been something that has affected the spirit and togetherness of the players.

Who knows whether this is the reason but there is a reason.

One Love - BRFC

well you could start by naming your sources or where you heard it from?

This is how I started the thread - word has it - no sources to reveal, and even if I had, why should I need to do that to 'justify' this thread.

Remove the thread - honestly, it's OK I will get over it!

One Love

This is how I started the thread - word has it - no sources to reveal, and even if I had, why should I need to do that to 'justify' this thread.

Remove the thread - honestly, it's OK I will get over it!

One Love

Maybe I'll start a thread then that WORD HAS IT that Gerrard, Lampard and Torres are signing for us in January, no sources just what I heard.

We can all start threads cause some bloke in a pub told us something that aint true. at least have some kind of true info if your gonna start a thread like this.

Maybe I'll start a thread then that WORD HAS IT that Gerrard, Lampard and Torres are signing for us in January, no sources just what I heard.

We can all start threads cause some bloke in a pub told us something that aint true. at least have some kind of true info if your gonna start a thread like this.

Get Stuffed.

How do you know it isnt true? Have you got some inside information, or is your opinion based on heresay? If you know it isnt true then reveal your source.............. :unsure:

As regards this thread the rumours I've heard are that Savage is indeed unhappy about not being in the team. (No bad thing?)

However my contacts seem to think he is NOT the major source of unrest in the camp so I suggest this thread is taken with a huge pinch of salt.

Point 1, I'd expect nothing less than that from Savage

Point 2, I think you are right, however if one looks at his spats with Bruce and Toshack when he did not get his own way I would not be too quick to discount the unrest rumour. The upside is I think he has more respect for Sparky than he did of the other two combined.

Archived