BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage - The Bad Apple

Roost

Maybe I'll start a thread then that WORD HAS IT that Gerrard, Lampard and Torres are signing for us in January, no sources just what I heard.

Typical Rovers- replacing Sav and the Axe with two players who are always rubbish when they play together. And is Torres all that good? If he cannot start every game for that inconsistent Liverpool team, do we really want him?

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Typical Rovers- replacing Sav and the Axe with two players who are always rubbish when they play together. And is Torres all that good? If he cannot start every game for that inconsistent Liverpool team, do we really want him?

Priceless! ;)

Get Stuffed.

How do you know it isnt true? Have you got some inside information, or is your opinion based on heresay? If you know it isnt true then reveal your source.............. :unsure:

Well a friend of a friend who's girlfriend regularly drives past Brockhall and says it's not true, so thats good enough for me. :D

Good to see the spirit of Christmas is alive and kicking - well done, everybody.

For what it's worth I for one am absolutely delighted that Messrs Savage and Mokoena are unhappy when they do not start a match and a little dressing room tension is no bad thing. As for Benni, if he doesn't want to be here, then get the best price. Jason Roberts? He was only ever bought as a squad player - he'll get over it next pay day when he realises he is part of a team that is not clutching at home draws to survive precariously in the league.

Footballers - don't you just love 'em?

Not sure about that. He came before McCarthy and at the time was out main striker. BM's arrival then gave us a powerful front 2.

Didn't they both join last July?

To be honest, I thought Jason was seen as a more competent Shefki Kuqi in the "big, powerful, direct centre-forward with no little skill but not overly gifted in that department" mould. He has his role to play but not as a regular starter IMO, but, hey, I'm not the manager and have concluded that I never will be due to the number of times I get proved wrong about this bloody stupid game!!

I do not believe this rumour.

It is true though that Savage is being sold in January. Hughes has his reasons. I think mainly that Savage is not happy, not being guranteed a starting place anymore in the team.

If we can get 2 million then that is good business.

Keane had this to say about Savage after the win against Bolton:

"There have been plenty of players linked with us, I would say in the last month maybe something like 20, 25.

"I don't think we will be signing 25 players, let me tell you.

"It would be completely wrong for me to comment on a player under contract at a football club.

"If you asked (Blackburn manager) Mark Hughes if would he be interested in Kenwyne Jones and he spoke about one of my players, I would be very disappointed." "

Pretty safe to say he's interested then, we should snap their hands off if they offer £1 million or more.

Also, it seems there won't be a swap deal with Kenwyne Jones. Shame.

Its seems that Robbie Savage is leaving the mighty Rovers. Unhappy at not being guaranteed a first team place, and after a heart to heart with Hughes in midweek he is being allowed to leave subject to a bid of £2 million. Source: Various Sunday Newspapers.

I think this is very good business for Rovers. That £2 million can be invested on a new central midfielder who Hughes does rate highly enough to play, and possibly a right back.

Its seems that Robbie Savage is leaving the mighty Rovers. Unhappy at not being guaranteed a first team place, and after a heart to heart with Hughes in midweek he is being allowed to leave subject to a bid of £2 million. Source: Various Sunday Newspapers.

I think this is very good business for Rovers. That £2 million can be invested on a new central midfielder who Hughes does rate highly enough to play, and possibly a right back.

2 mill for a 33 year old?

And you have to ask the question, if Savage has lost his sharpness do to his injuries/age then who's going to spend £2 mill on him? His whole game is based around his fitness and in your face aggresive play. Without that he becomes a very average championship level player. Surely Roy Keane knows that.

And you have to ask the question, if Savage has lost his sharpness do to his injuries/age then who's going to spend £2 mill on him? His whole game is based around his fitness and in your face aggresive play. Without that he becomes a very average championship level player. Surely Roy Keane knows that.

Shhhhhhhhh Roy Keane may be reading this lol

Roy needs the experience that Savage has got. Wigan and Derby will happily pay the asking price if Roy doesnt like it.

Given Savage's desire to be near Wrexham, only a Wigan or Derby transfer really makes sense. They are both desperate clubs, staring down at the championship.

Sav can still do the 'in your face aggresive play' and Keane only needs to get five months out of him.

If they survive the drop this season, he'd be cast aside next season.

If Sav goes we'll be losing a player who has been as important as any in the success enjoyed during the Hughes reign. Massive shoes to fill - I'm concerned we're looking at letting him go with no real indication of who we might get to replace him.

I too am most concerned about Savage's possible departure.

I just dont understand what has happened with him, no-one was calling for his head when he was in the team earlier in the season and we were doing so well.

Then he was injured at Spurs and once fit had to sit there and watch Tugay and Mokoena playing abysmally as we lost match after match.

I still think he has plenty to offer and is an invaluable character to have around the club and in the dressing room. Mokoena and Tugay should be first on the way and that is something of an understatement.

There is surely more to this than meets the eye. In normal circumstances, Savage would surely fancy his chances to regaining his place in the first team. Imo, everything points to a fall-out between Hughes and Savage and the latter now thinks that he is unfairly being left out (i.e not on ability).

So, although there's no proof that Savage is dividing the dressing room, old "padi", starter of this thread, did not deserve the complacent derision s/he received.

maybe hughes knows that savage is near his sell by date, but he could still command a fee...

and i'm sure hughes will be looking at bringing a centre midfielder into the club that will improve the team for the next few years...

if thats the case - he will need to generate cash to get whoever it is and savage is an easy one to sell.....

i dont think there's a huge fall out, for anything other than he cant get in the starting line up

Not sure I'd take him before Tugay RB, who, given the right opposition, can still run the game.

On the other hand, Savage has looked out of sorts in recent appearances, and maybe his transfer fee, and more importantly his high wages, give Hughes the opportunity to bring in a younger, and better, replacement.

Archived