• Mokoena
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Dunn

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missed most of the game, but the final result brought a smile to my face.

But then I saw that we conceded a penalty again and have Brad to thank for saving us. If it wasn't for him we very well could have lost to Derby and Sunderland.

Hopefully in our next premiership game we will see quite a few new faces.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. 3 points is the main thing, and a clean sheet is brilliant, although against a poor team. I think Benni used his right foot by the way, not that it really matters..

Benni was excellent in the 2nd half I think, he worked hard on every ball and held it up really well. As for our other scapegoat, Pedersen looked better too, his deliveries from set pieces was really good. Unfortunately didn't get to see the 1st half though, so can only comment on the 2nd, but the second Sunderland started to lift the ball up to Cole and Jones, we won. Samba and Nelsen controlled them easily, and even Warnock chipped in with a few headers.

Conditions were bad, we lost Santa Cruz and then Derbyshire, we got the three points and Benni's back on the scoresheet. Bring on.. erm, Coventry.

Yes, we are 3 points (but a shedload of GD, 15 to be exact) from sixth.

edit: 15 is the tie, 16 to take the place outright... its the GD where we will pay for not giving Derby and Sudnerland the stuffing they've been given by others.

Bolton - Blackburn 0-5

Blackburn - Middlesbrough 5-0

Aston Villa - Blackburn 0-7

Easy.

It's more the punishment for conceding 5 goals against Wigan and 4 against Aston Villa, by the way.

At least we've equalled out the negative goal difference now, 28-28 as we speak. Let's keep it positive shall we.

If anyone get any news on Santa Cruz and Derbyshire, be kind enough to share please - are we looking at Roberts against Coventry?

Bolton - Blackburn 5-0

Blackburn - Middlesbrough 5-0

Aston Villa - Blackburn 0-7

Easy.

It's more the punishment for conceding 5 goals against Wigan and 4 against Aston Villa, by the way.

At least we've equalled out the negative goal difference now, 28-28 as we speak. Let's keep it positive shall we.

If anyone get any news on Santa Cruz and Derbyshire, be kind enough to share please - are we looking at Roberts against Coventry?

You might want to edit that mate ;)

I forwent following the game live to watch the replay. It turns out that the game is not being shown due to "technical difficulties" and will be replayed later in the day, when I'm at work. Sod that: time to find out the score.

Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised that we have won 1-0, considering the circumstances of giving away a penalty and the horrid conditions.

Christ i'm cold.

I'll have a think before posting more comments but make no mistake this was as bad a Rovers performance at home I have seen since 1990-91.

Hughes must make changes in the way we play.

Thank god we have 33pts.

this is quite frustrating, so i went out on the booze from last night till now (7.33am) finally got home after being stranded at the station thank god for a kind old guy who fixed me up with hot chocolate and a chat but, i get home, blackburn game has been and gone and as i try to tune the game i get an sms with the result... aussie tv really ****** up with this one... but joy to the world 3 points and a mccarthy goal... what exactly happened to god? santa cruz* :wub:

Guest fernhurstblue

for what my opinion is worth, i think the problem is with the two players in the centre of midfield - hughes needs to find the right combination, as it is not tugay and the axe. they sit to deep and havent got the legs to support the front two. EVERYTHING is coming through bentley - stop him and you stop rovers.

7 points from 3 games, as welcome as it is, still cannot gloss over the fact that rovers are not playing as a team at the moment, what the problem is, who knows - what the solution is, i dont get 20 grand a week to sort it out, but it needs sorting and fast!!!!!

Guest fernhurstblue
A VERY welcome three points but one of the worst games I've seen at Ewood in many a year,the first half was shocking from both sides.

Surely big Brad shuold have been motm? :huh:

i think the motm sponser must have been MRS NELSEN :rock:

Just got back and thawed my fingers! I'm with the "worst first half in many a year" brigade, sorry to say. Mokoena is simply not premiership quality and forced Tugay to play too deep leaving Bentley and Pegersen isolated and relatively ineffective. Whatever happens with Savage, the first half tonight is compelling evidence that Mokoena is not the answer. We looked better when Dunn came on for Derbs leaving McCarthy as the one striker with Bentley linking. We still rely too much on Toog which worries me.

did anyone else watch football first, i just caught the second half and the co commontotor talked utter bullshit! saying theres was a clear pen and our pen was harsh on sunderland and also yorke was unlucky to get sent off, im sorry if your on a booking and take someone from behind its a booking and a therefore a red. but anyway we got the points without playing that well, what does hughes see in mokoena cas im not, useless at passing, tackling and sits a centre back when they get in our half!!

I actually agree with what the commentator said. I felt their penalty was a definite penalty because Samba was too reckless. As for our penalty, if we were on the receiving end then I expect I would be very angry to have a penalty against me in that situation. The reason why his arm was up high was purely because of the way his foot came up to block the shot. It wasn't his fault, it's just the way the body moves.

Dodgy late feed but here goes:

Friedel imperious

Samba impetuous

Nelsen improved

Mokoena imperfect

MGP impish

McCarthy impressive run-up for the penalty

Nelsen was much much better but has to be said Sunderland did not look dangerous when there high tempo pressing game kept them on top for the first 25 minutes- probably ideal opponents for Ryan at this stage. MGP showed there is hope he can get back to the form which used to keep us all happy (even Jan).

Valuable 3 points- keeps us in touch with the clubs above us although they have kept on winning but it does mean the gap down to West Ham, Newcastle and Spurs which had closed up is now a comfortable size again. Liverpool getting caught in a bramble means we can still technically be in the chase for 4th for another ten days.

Archived