BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Magic

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harsh red card for Burnley in my opinion. The lads foot just bounced up off the ball into Gilbertos shin. I'm sure the brazilian felt it and it could have done serious damage but lafferty didn't mean it and it was accidental.

I'm glad they're going out mind you.

Harsh red card for Burnley in my opinion. The lads foot just bounced up off the ball into Gilbertos shin. I'm sure the brazilian felt it and it could have done serious damage but lafferty didn't mean it and it was accidental.

I'm glad they're going out mind you.

Still have to give it to them they put up a hell of a scrap with 10 men.

Wasn't even a foul in my book, he played the ball.

In all honesty this sort of decision is turning me away from football and to compound the matter all the pundits and commentators on TV/Radio are backing the referee.

In all honesty this sort of decision is turning me away from football and to compound the matter all the pundits and commentators on TV/Radio are backing the referee.

Who would have thought we would be sticking up for Burnley, even though it is thinnish support :lol:

His foot was higher than the ball, he may have intended to play the ball but he didn't. Had Gilberto had his foot planted it could have easily broken his leg/ankle. It may seem soft but the ref got it spot on for me.

His foot was higher than the ball, he may have intended to play the ball but he didn't. Had Gilberto had his foot planted it could have easily broken his leg/ankle. It may seem soft but the ref got it spot on for me.

No, it doesn't seem soft. It was wrong.

Even I disagree. Laffertys foot stayed high cos it caught the ball and rolled on it. Never a sending off. thought Burnleh done alright but to be brutally honest Arse were crap, the looked like they could not find their feet on the pitch, passes strewn awol all over the place. I am sure they had their mind on bigger fish later in the week. Good effort from the dingles though. at least they played with a bit of pride which is more than I can say of our lot and that is what bothers me the most.

When you start to slide in for a tackle your foot is always slightly raised. You never have it along the ground all the way. Had he started to slide half a meter further away he'd have took the ball clean. As it happened it could have broken a leg but it would have been an unfortunate accident. Certainly wasn't dangerous play.

A great performance by Luton, and a fully deserved replay at Anfield (financially keeping the lawyers away from the door for a while longer).

Burnley were great earlier, Luton even better, and just possibly a win for Stoke to put Boss Nass back on the dole. Really entertaining footie - and a reminder of how many overpaid ponces there are in the premiership.

C'mon Stoke ! Bye Bye boss-nass-thumb.jpg

Well I watched the Dingles game in it's entirety, and I have to confess that before it started I really wanted the Arse to give them a spanking in order to stop their idiots invading our blogs and making us suffer which they would delight in doing if they won, and taking account of our fiasco yesterday.

However! Once the game got going the true football fan in me could not help but admire the way their players went about their task. A goal down in the first few minutes, they then took the game to Arsenal and played some very good football and made more chances in the first half than Arsenal. Lafferty looks a real player and he was very unlucky early on with a terrific header that came back off the bar with Lehmann struggling. Also the way Burnley passed the ball around at a decent tempo, it reminded me of what we have been missing at Rovers for the last 2 months +. That Elliot on the right wing showed quite a few tricks and was able to get past players and put in decent crosses as well. The thing that really did for the dingles was the sending off of Lafferty. By the book the ref had no choice; it was over the top and a potential leg breaker, but obviously that changed the game and the Arse got on top from then on, although the Dingles never gave up and kept going for it right to the end. Even sourpuss Whinger praised them at the end.

Any way I reckon Hughes should have a compulsory showing of that game to all his squad and make them see what playing with a bit of pride in the shirt can do.

Archived