BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Magic

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to Coventry vs West Brom this afternoon as thought it had the potential to be a good game. It turned out to be a good game although my mate didn't enjoy it at all!

I sat watching a shambolic Coventry side thinking this lot made us a laughing stock and I can't even begin to work out how -bearing in mind I was at Ewood for the game!

They didn't bother man marking a single WBA player, they had one lad up front (Leon Best, I think) and kept humping the ball up to him and he couldn't hold it up despite trying really hard! Goalkeeper who couldnt kick for toffee (see goal two for classic example)

WBA looked ok, but they were made to look ok by an awful Coventry side! I can't see how Coventry are going to score again this season, never mind win a game to get the points to stay up! They need a manager quick! and a manager with the magic touch who can get some distinctively average players, playing well together and look like they know what they are doing.

It is always interesting going to a game without any tinted (blue and white or otherwise) spectacles on but the referee and linesmen today were decidly dodgy and making very random decisions. Coventry fans were shouting for lots of things - like the first goal being off side (I didn't think you could be offside from a throw in) but actually the ref got lots of things wrong and over the game they probably evened themselves out. I didn't see the sending off incident so I can't comment on that.

There was a large police presence at the game and there was quite a bit of trouble. Well, I didn't see the trouble outside but I did see the people being loaded into the ambulances.

One thing Coventry do do which I didnt think they were allowed to do is they replay all decisions on the large screen during the game - have the rules changed on that or do most clubs not show them again to stop it causing trouble?

Arsene Wenger would have been jumping up and down in a fit of rage had we been giving out anything like the treatment that Hoyte, Gallas and Flamini were giving to Nani. Absolutely disgraceful from Arsenal. They really are the biggest bunch of petulant sore losers in the country. No apology from Wenger either. Instead he basically blamed Nani saying that he deserved kicking up in the air for his showboating and mickey taking. What I saw was simply a talented young man who was enjoying his football and entertaining both a paying crowd and watching television audience.

Hate to say this but RFW doesn't half learn.

After Arsenal clearly had mastered the art of playing brilliant kids from reserve, Man U have taken over the mantle on 2008 showing to date.

I agree Arsenal turned cynical and they were very lucky to end with as many as 10 on the pitch. Should have been a straight red to Gallas which the officials missed altogether but caused the fracas at the end and a couple of other Arsenal players were deserving of two yellows.

Archived