BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Magic

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree Leftwinger. Our UEFA Cup qualification ended when Sparky did a rover6 against Coventry.

It is going to be a case of praying for hot balls in the semi-final to keep Man U and Chelsea apart. Otherwise, our chances of UEFA football next season are going to take the most enormous dive.

Far from confident that in the League Cup Final Chelsea will beat a resurgent Spuds playing their (Spuds) biggest game since the Canary Wharf Lasagna did for their Champs League aspirations at West Ham three seasons ago.

We could all too easily be looking at UEFA qualification from the Prem finishing at 5th. Hmm, I wonder if Rick Parry bothered to fill in his Intertoto application on behalf of Rafapool?

Totally agree Leftwinger. Our UEFA Cup qualification ended when Sparky did a rover6 against Coventry.

Phillip,

I've pointed this out somewhere else that Hughes didn't do this. The only three players in the 11 who didn't regularly hold down first team places were Treacy, Ritgers (Dutch under 21 international) & Berner (Full Switzerland international.)

I don't think any of us would argue with that selection given Coventry were struggling at the foot of The Championship.

And it's not as though we lost by an odd goal. We got tonked 1-4. Just a completely off-night.

Colin

• 3 weeks later...
In terms of other results going our way, this is one of the worst seasons in recent memory.

In terms of our results against the bottom teams, it's one of our best seasons in recent memory.

All we can do is focus on our own results and if we finish with a European place then it's because we've deserved one. :)

Congratulations to little old Barnsley FC, well done you Yorkshire Tykes for kicking the life of a Chelsea side that thought a number of stars could have the weekend off as they were playing a low league side who could never have given them a game :rolleyes:

Just seeing Dickie Birds face made the weekend.

well Done Simon Davey and team

Just watching the highlights of Man Utd's game, what a ridiculous decision to send off Kuszczak. There were two players behind him when he brought Baros down, so how can he be sent off as last man?

Yeah right. And how many times do you see skewed decisions given in favour of the red scum? S'funny how even Fergy and Quieroz accept the validity of the penalty decision.

but

Ferguson and Queiroz need the book throwing at him for their comments yesterday. Instead of blaming his preparation / team / lady luck apparently Man Utd are out of the FA Cup because of 2 men who were not even there..... Martin Taylor and Keith Hackett! :lol::wstu:

As for me it was bloody great to see the shock and stunned disbelief on the faces of all things ManUtd and Chelsea yesterday. It'll do em good..... all good character building stuff.

Watched Queiroz on MOTD this morning, and what a disgrace he, and United are. They lose a game and it's the end of the world as we know it. Well done Pompey and Barnsley.

Crap for our european campaign but what a shot in the arm for football! I'll prob watch the final now for the first time in years.

The authorities should take serious note of the national mood after yesterday....... they wont of course BUT they should!

Completely agree thenodrog, a shot in the arm indeed.

Rescued the competition, will they change just because the mood has changed? No, of course they won't, they'll stay where the money is, as per usual. Normal service will resume next season...

But.............. Well played Barnsley and Pompey!

The results yesterday only go to emphasise how disgraceful our 3rd round home exit to Coventry was. If we were still in the competition at this stage we would surely be favourites, at worst joint with Pompey.

I hope the boys are proud of themselves.

The results yesterday only go to emphasise how disgraceful our 3rd round home exit to Coventry was. If we were still in the competition at this stage we would surely be favourites, at worst joint with Pompey.

I hope the boys are proud of themselves.

A case of stating the bleedin obvious there T4E. I'm sure Everton, Liverpool, Bolton, Chelsea etc are all in agreement that if we'd have beaten Coventry our name would be on the cup and that they were well beaten by much better teams but their boys still gave it their all and they can have no complaints....

Archived