BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] S.o.s.!

ABBEY

SAVE OUR SAV!!!!!!!!

DONT SELL HIM....HE HAS PASSION AND A WILL TO WIN AND I WOULD WANT TO MOVE IF THE AXE(MORE LIKE RUBBER CHICKEN) KEPT ME OUT THE TEAM.

SAV OR AX ....I WILL LET YOU DECIDE BUT HEY THE CHEER THAT WENT UP WHEN THE PA AT H/T SAID IT WAS THE AX LAST GAME FOR A FEW WEEKS SAID IT ALL REALLY

You could well be right there it seems the Derby fans mostly would love to have him and sure the Sunderland fans are the same. I have to admit that his motoring around the field does seem to put player of the opposition team off, makes them uneasy. I think him and Hunt in midfield would be superb, if we could attach gyros to them they could save Blackburn a mint on power.

Anyway in this thread the Derby fans discuss him, I think it shows what others feel what we would be loosing.

http://forums.therams.co.uk/thread.jspa?th...=0&tstart=0

agreed, Savage is a player we most definitely need to keep. He's far from perfect but at least provides the midfield with a bit of grit and fight, something which we are sorely missing. None of the other CMs have proven to be more deserving of a place.

Guest Kamy100

It appears that the reason that Savage is being sold is that he has become a disruptive influence. If this is the case then the only thing that the manager can do is to sell him.

It is a pity because at the moment Savage is exactly the type of player we need right now.

Not disputing that kamy but even if he is surly a pro should play with who they are picked with....i work with a @#/? at work ,he hates me i hate him but you get on with it and im not on in a year what some get a week .was it cole sherri who didnt get on?

Before I start I would like to make it clear that Savage is one of my favourite players and I feel honoured to have seen him play in a Rovers shirt - it has made me appreciate him having hated him when he played for Leicester and Brum.

I totally agree that we appear to be missing Savage but doesn't that make you wonder what he has actually done? Why would Mark Hughes make such a stand? Would he really jepodise the team short term if he thought that in the long term it wasn't the right thing to do?

No one player is bigger than the team and I really think (maybe naively) we need to trust Hughes on this one. There MUST be a reason why he isn't being picked.

Assuming Sav is being disruptive, then Hughes is taking a very Fergie-like stance on this. No one is bigger than the club, off you go son. Following Rovers I've seen too many managers "lose" the dressing room... Harford, Hodgson, Kidd (they liked him though) Souness (publicly falling out with players) and now the time has come to test Hughes in this department. So he's making a stand and telling everyone that he's the boss. I'd love to think he has a clear view as to who he is going to bring in (if not now then in the summer) but Manchester Utd we ain't, and I hope the likes of Bentley and Santa Cruz are in agreement with him otherwise they could be following Savage out of the door in the summer.

Time will tell, but I'm still willing to side with Hughes' decision for the moment.

Assuming Sav is being disruptive, then Hughes is taking a very Fergie-like stance on this. No one is bigger than the club, off you go son. Following Rovers I've seen too many managers "lose" the dressing room... Harford, Hodgson, Kidd (they liked him though) Souness (publicly falling out with players) and now the time has come to test Hughes in this department. So he's making a stand and telling everyone that he's the boss. I'd love to think he has a clear view as to who he is going to bring in (if not now then in the summer) but Manchester Utd we ain't, and I hope the likes of Bentley and Santa Cruz are in agreement with him otherwise they could be following Savage out of the door in the summer.

Time will tell, but I'm still willing to side with Hughes' decision for the moment.

agree with that dp

My view is that Sav epitimozed everything about MHs team, until recent results of course, ie totally committed to the cause, if he is the reason for the cause Hughes cannot allow Sav to win and it is time to move on, we generally play better with Sav in the team as he injects real bight into our play...

will be very sad to see him go...

Any relationship between Sav being out of the team and our poor run? As for losing the dressing room? there is some evidence that perhaps he may have. Get shut of the disgruntled, regardless of past accomplishments and move on. Let's have lads that want to play for Rovers. By disgruntled I don't just mean Sav either, ring a taxi for Roberts, McCarthy, Mokoena and Pedersen too while we are at it.

Archived