• Betnley
    • Dunn
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Kishi
    • Roberts

Yes right but the marketeers dont give stuff what stubborn old gits like you lot think think. They court the impressionable kids (and more importantly now it seems impressionable kids in the far east).

As for me I'm sick of seeing kids in our town turning into MU / Chelsea supporting scum, I'm sick of backsliders deserting the ground and watching matches through the bottom of a glass on some cheap flat screen TV in some crappy pub, I'm sick of the press/media treating us like hillbillies and thugs to boot, and I'm heartlly effin sick of gobshyte neverwinowt outfits like NUFC having the perceived power and necessary finances to blithely nick our best players and managers cos they alledgedly have 'fanatical supporters' in the North East.

Can you tell me a workable alternative guys? C'mon don't be shy....

And how every Rovers fan on this planet agrees with you theno.Alternative to Rovers?.......THERE IS NONE, we stick our blue 'n' white chest out followed by the famous Ewood two fingered salute like we have always done!

:rover::brfc:

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It`s all part & parcel of being a Rovers fan Theno. Infact the fans of probably 89 of the 92 league clubs will agree.

You're right. Which only goes to show that there are far too many professional football clubs in this country.

It`s all part & parcel of being a Rovers fan Theno. Infact the fans of probably 89 of the 92 league clubs will agree.

Rovers have had plenty of ups & downs over the years. It builds character & makes the few trophies that come our way all the more sweeter. I`ll bet 99% of Man Ure fans wouldn`t even remember if they`d won the Full Members Cup or how many League Cups they`ve won.

14th May 1995 is a date that will live in the memory EVERY rovers fans who was alive that day.

Yes it hurts when your favourite players leave, or your manager moves on to supposed bigger & better things.......but would i sacrifice being a Blackburn Rovers fan to follow a financially more powerful (but history void) Lancashire Utd?? The answer is no.

I started supporting BRFC when they were in the old 3rd Division.....& i`ll still support them if they ever end up back there. You pick your club....& stick with it for life.

He`d start a fight in an empty room, which is probably where he spends most of his time :lol:

Ditto.For twenty years i chose to put up with watching some dire games and then we won the league in`95.It made up for all the crap years of watching Rovers in the old 2nd & 3rd divisions. :rover:

Well I took your advice and did some research from this website and found my comment somewhat closer than yours. The two clubs have played in the same division in 32 seasons since the war. The average attendance in those 32 seasons is 18,443 for Bolton and 17,791 for Rovers. Rovers have has a bigger average 18 times to Bolton's 14. The last 4 seasons have seen Bolton get between 10% and 20% more than Rovers. That is likely to reverse this season, partly due to performance but more to do with Rovers' more imaginative ticket pricing.

Sorry but I didn't cherry pick like you did. I just took the last 40 odd years at face value and we appear to be miles in front. Great site though eh?

But also I seem to remember you Theno (who are old enough to remember the 50's at least)

Eh? Me? Rem the 50's !!!??? Wash your mouth out. I can only just rem us being relegated from the old 1st Div. But I do rem going to see us play WHU one Christmas expecting us to score 16! A very good and early lesson on life.;)

Eh? Me? Rem the 50's !!!??? Wash your mouth out. I can only just rem us being relegated from the old 1st Div. But I do rem going to see us play WHU one Christmas expecting us to score 16! A very good and early lesson on life.;)

I think you may be thinking of Dec 28th 1963 here Theno. That was indeed a memorable day for me as well. A decent crowd of about 29,000 turned up at Ewood that day hoping to see a repeat of the performance from Rovers that they had produced just 2 days earlier when we went to West Ham and handed them a real spanking with Rovers winning 8-2!

Alas, not to be! I was delayed in getting to Ewood that day by my eldest son very inconsiderately deciding to get born on that very morning. In fact he took his time in appearing, and I was delayed at Queens Park until he was born at about 1-50 pm. By the time I had seen him in his little cot and waited to see my wife back in her bed with the new baby,and stayed with her for another hour or so it was well past kick-off time at Ewood, and I had to get a taxi down to the ground. I got on just before half time only to find that they were losing, and that's the way it stayed; WHam winning 3-1 in the end. A day of mixed feelings!!

Archived