• Reid
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Kishi
    • Roberts

This really is a massive game.

Win and i think Europe is possible.

Lose and i think 10th or below is the best we can hope for.

Team for me.

Freidel

Emerton-Samba-Kishanshivilli(What ever his bloody name his)-Warnock

Bentley-Tugay-Reid-Treacy

Benni-Santa Cruz

Pedersen,Dunn,Nelson are all simply not playing well enough and are showing no urgency/passion for me. Tugay was a poor captain for me on Sat so id give that to Santa Cruz.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Savage is one of our better midfielders. But also one of the oldest, and the one with the highest salary. We're not a rich club, we have to sell some players now and then for financial reasons. Put that together, and it's pretty obvious why we're selling. Like I've said in another thread; if Savage is on £45k, and the replacement we sign is on £15k, then that's £2.4m saved on wages (assuming Savage would've seen out the 18 months remaining) that could go to signing said replacement, or another player. Even "just" a £15k difference is £1.2m. Quite handy to save that kind of money in our situation.

I'm not happy to lose Savage, but I can see the reasoning behind it and it makes sense to me even if it could turn out to be the wrong one.

Emerton-Samba-Kishanshivilli(What ever his bloody name his)-Warnock

Bentley-Tugay-Reid-Treacy

Benni-Santa Cruz

Pedersen,Dunn,Nelson are all simply not playing well enough and are showing no urgency/passion for me. Tugay was a poor captain for me on Sat so id give that to Santa Cruz.

really, you would plaay treacy? he seemed nervous and that showed in his crossing i think he needs abit longer in the reserves! khizanishvili btw lol

really, you would plaay treacy? he seemed nervous and that showed in his crossing i think he needs abit longer in the reserves! khizanishvili btw lol

Yes i would.

But Hughes will play MGP.

Treacy showed glimpses of what he can do , but his crosses let him down on sat. Give the lad a run in the side.

I cannot contemplate defeat as my wife and daughter are Bolton winkers fans add that to the serious knee injury and a loss would ruin my new year.

For me its again death by tv and would like to think that with Anelka out of the picture, spit the diouf out in Africa and Davies dolloping along, we might jsut see a Rovers away win.

1-0

This really is a massive game.

Win and i think Europe is possible.

Lose and i think 10th or below is the best we can hope for.

When we were winning over Christmas, West Ham, Newcastle and Spurs were mostly not winning.

If we lose, they might get closer but we have a bit of a buffer beneath us now.

PS ManU lost at the Breezeblok and I don't think finishing tenth is the best they can hope for.

I've some great memories of Bolton away.

4-1 promotion run in with Jansen dummying the keeper about 5 times before slotting the ball away. Freezing cold and we didn't stop singing all second half. Players began wandering off the pitch at full time and Souness ordered them over to the fans to thank them for the support. ISTR the score would have been higher but for a fabulous performance from Big Col for them. We even got Big Col to show his backside before the game!

Unforgettable game and atmosphere from out team and fans.

That time we scuppered their promotion but the next season they won 1-0 in front of over 28,000 to secure promotion at Ewood.

Slighty before my time but wasn't at least half the crowd that night from Notlob by all accounts!

We have to bounce back after Saturdays real shock to the system

1-1 :glare:

Anelka won't play and risk an injury, Diouf on holiday with Meite, Megson a terrible manager, Bolton defence so bad i can't think of any other names in it bar the fella on holiday, Spanish fellas worse than Tugay, Nolans caught Ricketts (whatever it was micheal had) and now stinks, again i can't think of any player names up front, for the first time in years were beating the relegation teams(bar wigan)............4-0 rovers Bolton bad enough not to score against us, there is no way a gary megson inspired team does'nt just roll over and die and lose consecutive games on the run in to a miserable season and it starts here!

Slighty before my time but wasn't at least half the crowd that night from Notlob by all accounts!

The official attendance that night was 27k and some odds from memory. Bolton brought a good 20k and Rovers had been getting gates of up to 15k until they themselves faded from a possible promotion. I was on the Riverside and I've never seen it as full. It was packed. I missed the 42k Man City cup game in 1969 for some reason but that night against Bolton was the biggest attendance I've witnessed. I reckon it was one of the bigger fiddles Rovers have done and would have put the crowd at around 35k. Bolton had the Darwen End, most of the Blackburn End (who earlier had emptied themselves into the Riverside) and the Riverside was mixed. No doubt there were Bolton fans in the Nuttall Street areas also. Most likely the largest away following at Ewood ever and one that will not be bettered. :brfc:

Song for Campo....

"the wheels on your house go round & round,

round & round, round & round.

the wheels on your house go round & round

you gy-po" :unsure:

Bolton maybe a little unsettled as nufc have just made a bid for Nolan and with anelka under offer to chelsea I am wondering just what type of team they may be able to put out?

I'm more worried about what type of team we can put out. Rocky, Emo 'n all them.

Archived