• Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Kishi
    • Roberts

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the Cov debacle, Hughes gave out the mother of all rowlockings. I'm expecting this to have the effect of 20 half-time rowlockings. That plus the absence of Le Sulk (and the fact that it's the first game I'm missing in a while) means a comfortable Rovers win!

I've said it all too often this season but I'll say it again: the backlash starts here!

On a positive note, Ooijer coming back could be a huge boost to our fragile back line. I think we have missed him since he has been out. Dunn and Reid were one of the most popular pairing in that recent poll and with Roque back up front with Benni we might have a rather god team out, if they can last the distance. I also think Benni is just a goal or two away from regaining his confidence an getting back close to his best... so i'm optimistic

On a positive note, Ooijer coming back could be a huge boost to our fragile back line. I think we have missed him since he has been out. Dunn and Reid were one of the most popular pairing in that recent poll and with Roque back up front with Benni we might have a rather god team out, if they can last the distance. I also think Benni is just a goal or two away from regaining his confidence an getting back close to his best... so i'm optimistic

I like Ooijer as a central defender but he can only be an improvement on our other options for slinging out on the right. Except Kane of course who is untried.

........................Friedel

Khiz...........samba.........nelson..........berner

...................... Ooijer ..........................

................REID.............Dunn

bentley................................. Warnock

.....................SANTA

I like this line up, (1) where away against a long ball mob, lots of height and cover at set pieces. (2) Warnock and bentley both have good pace to break with. (3) Ooijer has a good touch for an OAP and asking him to play a Hamann kind of role should'nt be beyond him.(4) santas more than good enough to play up on his own and i'd rather chances fell to him than McCarthy....Best of all it looks like a hardworking side without carrying any passengers,except maybe dunn! Really starting to feel warnock would make a superior winger to pederson. Warnock is better than berner clearly but i think that at this minute the side would be better served with Wanock using his pace more often to attack!

If both Reid and Ooijer were to miss out we'd have only 16 players, according to the rovers site!

So, worst case scenario:

Friedel

Zurab Samba Nelsen Warnock

Derbyshire Bentley Dunn Pedersen

McCarthy Santa Cruz

Bench: Brown, Treacy, Rigters, Gallagher, Berner (Potentially people like Hodge, Kane etc, but not included in the players to choose from)

If Ooijer and Reid can play, then put Reid in central midfield, with Bentley moving to the right, and Ooijer at RB.

We're going as usual, we've got to win this one, backlash does start here..

Blackburn Expects!

looking forward to good old sing and Benni to knock in a couple (It;s the law) and them to miss le sulk, cheating llama to get sent off moments after breaking his neck...

The biggest problem Rovers are going to have with this game is that Bolton will play 4-5-1.

They will have fat boy up front on his own with the likes of Nolan coming onto the second ball. They will have Garender flying down our right flank so the right back scenario has to be roght. Zurab should not be deployed as a right back. For me they have to play a proper right back in OOijer or Kane.

Rovers must approach the game in a positive mode as they will face a barrage at set peice from meite and campo, davies and nolan.

The midfield must be prepared to back up RSC and McCarthy as well as compensating the defence.

Another pointer is that Mr Penalty is the referee. Mike dean is the ref and he will undoubtedly have his yellow and red cards out at the first opportunity.

A poor crowd will see a poor game in poor weather, giving the southern softies more fuel that it is grim up north !!

Who cares how many will be there - my DINGLE mate has just sent me a text to ask if he can come to the game with us on sunday!! Rather than buy a ticket for him, I have give him the number and made him do it himself :o

There is a God!!

One Love - BRFC

Who cares how many will be there - my DINGLE mate has just sent me a text to ask if he can come to the game with us on sunday!! Rather than buy a ticket for him, I have give him the number and made him do it himself :o

There is a God!!

One Love - BRFC

That is absolutely unbelievable!!

You're mates with a Dingle?!?!

There is a God!!

One Love - BRFC

As long as he has 5 toes on each foot then he`ll do! :P

Archived