BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Performing Players This Season

Upon Den linking me to the Messageboard Gold, where we have every match thread from the current season, I took it upon myself to analyze each MOTM vote and compile a quick points system. Obviously, the player with the highest vote was the board's MOTM. However, I have also taken into consideration players holding the second highest percentage of votes.

The MOTM scores three points and the player in second place scores one point. I have not included those who come in second place if they have failed to score more than 10 votes as, in these situations, their performance was probably not worthy of note.

For the record, there are some games without a MOTM vote, in those situations where second place is decided by a single vote, two players have shared the point, and I have also gone through those match threads that are still circling the messageboard.

This is how the chart looks thus far:

MOTM 2nd Place Total Points

Santa Cuz 5 2 17

Bentley 4 3 15

Friedel 4 1 13

Samba 2 5 11

Dunn 2 1 7

Warnock 1 1 4

Tugay 1 1 4

Khiz 1 0 3

Emerton 0 1 1

Ooijer 0 1 1

McCarthy 0 1 1

Roque

Friedel

Bentley

Samba

And at a push Warnock.

The rest have been good in patches but extremely inconsistent for long periods of the first half of the season. As Hughes has said on numerous occasions, we need 8, 9 or even 10 players playing to the best of their abilities in order to win games, not 4-5.

Thanks for doing the analysis.

Twelve months ago it would have been inconceivable that a list of fans votes for the best two players in each match across 20 games would not include a single point for:

MGP

Savage

Nelsen

Not to mention McCarthy!

It looks like the Actim index is backing brfcs judgement. The rankings of Rovers players in the entire Premiership list are:

Santa Cruz 6th

Bentley 12th

Samba 30th

Friedel 31th

Warnock 46th

Emerton 77th

McCarthy 86th

Bentley is the highest ranked midfielder other than Ronaldo.

The ranking gets skewed by over-weighting goals scored and keepers/defenders keeping clean sheets in my view.

It looks like the Actim index is backing brfcs judgement. The rankings of Rovers players in the entire Premiership list are:

Santa Cruz 6th

Bentley 12th

Samba 30th

Friedel 31th

Warnock 46th

Emerton 77th

McCarthy 86th

Bentley is the highest ranked midfielder other than Ronaldo.

The ranking gets skewed by over-weighting goals scored and keepers/defenders keeping clean sheets in my view.

Not checked for a bit - but last time I looked only Shorey was ahead of Warnock at left-back too.

Archived