BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] World Cup 2010

Iceman

Personally I don't agree with the rotation of the WC, I would like to see it being played in genuine football countries. The times when it hasn't (USA and Korea/Japan) it has been sterile and dull and I expect the SA world cup to be the same. Rotate between Europe and South America, fine, but don't let anyone else have it until they have proven that they deserve it. At least the games will be on at reasonable times though.

It wouldn't be so bad if the games were being played in the real football hotbeds of the country but I expect it be driven by the usual corporate agenda and it to become just another example of how the middle-class, white capitalist has taken over the world. Anyone for a Bud?

Personally I don't agree with the rotation of the WC, I would like to see it being played in genuine football countries. The times when it hasn't (USA and Korea/Japan) it has been sterile and dull and I expect the SA world cup to be the same. Rotate between Europe and South America, fine, but don't let anyone else have it until they have proven that they deserve it. At least the games will be on at reasonable times though.

It wouldn't be so bad if the games were being played in the real football hotbeds of the country but I expect it be driven by the usual corporate agenda and it to become just another example of how the middle-class, white capitalist has taken over the world. Anyone for a Bud?

Sorry but

South America is mostly on the same time zones as the USA so games would be kicking off after midnight whereas South Africa is pretty well on the same time zone as Europe.

South Africa is a real football country and has had passionate supporters for decades. The one thing the World Cup in South Africa won't be is sterile and dull.

Middle-class white capitalists would not have taken the game to anywhere in Africa.

Actually, the WC over here was considered a huge success. Just because England wasn't in it didn't make it dull. Japan/Korea supposedly had a great atmosphere (though, admittedly, not the greatest of football).

Sorry but

South America is mostly on the same time zones as the USA so games would be kicking off after midnight whereas South Africa is pretty well on the same time zone as Europe.

South Africa is a real football country and has had passionate supporters for decades. The one thing the World Cup in South Africa won't be is sterile and dull.

Middle-class white capitalists would not have taken the game to anywhere in Africa.

We have always been a passionate football country,it’s the number 1 sport in SA.We have world class venues,and just because we in Africa people think we don’t have proper infrastructure.We probably the most advanced African country,and I know we will host a fantastic world cup.I would rather have the world cup in a nice sunny,picturesque country with lovely weather,sandy beaches and hot babes than have the world cup where it rains whole day,with nothing to do but stay in doors and watch the day go by.South Africa will have many things to do,on days when there aint games scheduled.

Let's just hope FIFA don't screw around with everyones tickets again leaving half empty stadiums.

The tickets need to be cheap and available to many locals and proper football fans and not 60% going towards the sponsors and people who have no interest in the game.

Let's just hope FIFA don't screw around with everyones tickets again leaving half empty stadiums.

The tickets need to be cheap and available to many locals and proper football fans and not 60% going towards the sponsors and people who have no interest in the game.

:rover: no chance off that,the last world cup like this was mexico,and to a extent italy :brfcsmilie:

Archived