BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fantasy Baseball 2008

We could run more than one league if everyone wanted, but what I wanted to start up was a keeper league (we could always run another for those not sure that they are that dedicated).

I'd like to run it on ESPN as I believe they still do live stat updates, which is a plus. It requires a very quick registration, but that only takes two minutes. I'd also like to try and do a live draft, which I estimate would take 2-3 hours and although I realise that would be a bit difficult with the various time zones I do think it would be possible.

Personally I like head-to-head as it makes each week that bit more focused, but I am happy to have it be rotisserie if that is what people want. I've got 2 or 3 people interested in the league (including myself). So I guess this is where we start asking for who is interested and what everyone wants to see the league be like?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN sounds fine to me Eddie, if thats what you thinks best, although the Yahoo one has never let us down, and is free.

Not bothered with the Head to Head or Rotisserie, both have their pluses and negatives. I do like the fact the slate is effectively wiped clean every week in head to head though.

A manual offline draft would have to be starting soon (before end of Jan) to give us enough time to get it all in.

I would even like to do a rotisserie style AL only league. CBS Sportsline has a good free section for fantasy games. We use the pay section for football, but I did a league in the free last year. AL only makes it more challenging because of a lesser player base. I found it was one of the few non-football leagues that I have ever paid attention to from beginning to way end, even though I knew I wouldn't finish first.

ESPN sounds fine to me Eddie, if thats what you thinks best, although the Yahoo one has never let us down, and is free.

Not bothered with the Head to Head or Rotisserie, both have their pluses and negatives. I do like the fact the slate is effectively wiped clean every week in head to head though.

A manual offline draft would have to be starting soon (before end of Jan) to give us enough time to get it all in.

Yahoo has worked perfectly well, but the lack of free live scoring is a bit annoying and for me that makes ESPN edge it. Open to all suggestions though.

Any update Eddie?

I suppose the easiest route, would be to do a usual offline draft then this way teams can register, we can decide which provider we want to use, Yahoo/CBS/ESPN and we can agree on the number of keepers we want to have, scoring system, whether or not to have an AL/NL/Mixed league etc and then get the draft underway in a couple of weeks or so.

Should I create a messageboard?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys

Will have more to report when the league opens on Yahoo (Probably around 16th Feb)

We'll take it from there. I was talking with Eddie and it may be best just doing are usual thing as it seems to work well, and whilst some would enjoy a keeper league, it would put off others who dont really like the commitment.

I assume those who were in last season are still interested, plus last year I missed out some people so newbies are welcome!

Archived