Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] I Come In Peace! - Mark Hughes

toonfan

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And if you are a Burnley fan surrender or you'll die

would YOU actualy kill them?

point is, football songs are football songs, not factual pieces of information.

they tend to include things that rhyme, not that would get in an encyclopedia.

That's fair enough.... and to be fair, I think the media are just as much to blame for a large number of Geordies considering themselves as a big club. It is great that you get 52k every week but it hasn't always been that way and you wouldn't get 30,000 in the third tier like Man City did. You didn't in the second tier for quite some time either.

In terms of available cash and the expectancy up there, you could be considered a big club but if it's all down to having money for transfer funds, QPR would be the most attractive option for most managers now. I just think Geordies need to be a bit more realistic - yes, you crave success like any other set of supporters but how can you expect it when you've won nothing domestically since 1955?

i honestly dont think it would be a problem.

why would it be?

i think people would fiond that most people in newcastle dont want shearer as the manager, and i don't think the board do either.

i know sky sports get interviews from people syaing 'shearer is the man like' and all that crap, but, do they expect to get inteeligent folk hanging around st james park at 1pm on a monday afternoon? only the mutants are around at that time, so you get a mutants opinion.

i also realise that the younger section of our fans like to give his name a good chant at games, but i dont believe this represents general opinion.

plus, he could cut his teeth on you lot and then jopin us once sparky goes to manure!

(joke)

NO WAY

i couldn't take Newcastle stealing 3 managers in a row, the minute Shearer wins a game as our boss he's pi$$ of to newcastle

And if you are a Burnley fan surrender or you'll die

would YOU actualy kill them?

point is, football songs are football songs, not factual pieces of information.

they tend to include things that rhyme, not that would get in an encyclopedia.

Not if they surrender... :P

Anyway, fed up of Newcastle buying our talent (loosest meaning in Souness' case) - clear off and get your own!

Not if they surrender... :P

Anyway, fed up of Newcastle buying our talent (loosest meaning in Souness' case) - clear off and get your own!

we do try! but you seem to keep unearthing (souness exception) gems!

maybe we should just be done and get your board? :lol:

The real truth of the matter is this.

Newcastle United are wanting to be what Blackburn Rovers ARE.

Newcastle are a shoddily run outfit off the pitch, leaderless on the pitch and a damned embarrassment in a city where their nearest rivals are Hexham Town. IF only NUFC could be run as successful as Blackburn then they would never have found themselves in such a dire mess.

The previous regimes are to blame but for me, it is going to take years JUST to make NUFC anywhere near a stable Premiership club.

Newcastle are a shoddily run outfit off the pitch, leaderless on the pitch and a damned embarrassment in a city where their nearest rivals are Hexham Town. IF only NUFC could be run as successful as Blackburn then they would never have found themselves in such a dire mess.

The previous regimes are to blame but for me, it is going to take years JUST to make NUFC anywhere near a stable Premiership club.

Very Well Said!!

gateshead actualy :P

how come i'm reading all your posts in a JoourDi accent like man!?

Its doing my bloody head in.

The shearer thing would be so ironic though! In fact I actually want it to happen just to see/hear the "mutants" at SJP on the tele screaming bloody mad.

Now that, I WOULD LOVE! :blink:

It's pretty obvious that Newcastle are looking at Hughes as a potential manager and he has every right to hear what they have to offer. But at the end of the day, Newcastle are a big club going nowhere or backward and we are a small club very much going forward. So many managers have gone to Newcastle and failed and I don't see Hughes being any different, no matter how good he is. There is something inherently wrong at Newcastle, no matter how much money they spend on players or who is in charge, no one can get it right. As other people have stated it seems like they are very poorly run club, which lives off the reputation of a big team which deserves to win something. Fans and owners expect too much too soon and I don't see this changing.

Hughes hasn't taken the club to new levels, where we are challenging to break into the top four. Money for new players seems to be a issue and one which could potentially make Hughes consider the Newcastle job. But I don't see why you would want to go to a club that has been in taters for years and has no obvious signs of improving. Yes, Hughes could get more money there to spend, but no matter how good the players are that join Newcastle, they always seem to fail. There has been talk of potential investment in the club and if this were to happen, more money could go toward players and have the team consistently challenging for the Champions League, with the likes of Man City and Everton. This isn't something that Hughes should give up lightly.

How about we take Shearer (aided and abetted by El Tel) as our dream ticket - the boy gets his first taste of management at a club that has experience of working and progressing under novices and the old boy gets a way back into football at a club with tradition and gravitas.

That is, of course, if Sparky is daft enough to take the job (if offered) at the Toon.

And do down Rovers at the same time. Why is it people always say No disrespect when they're just about to dish it out. It's like kids crossing their fingers when they lie! Good old Lucas still shooting his mouth off when it's nothing to do with him. Just cos he went for the "Big club" sorry, money......

And do down Rovers at the same time. Why is it people always say No disrespect when they're just about to dish it out. It's like kids crossing their fingers when they lie! Good old Lucas still shooting his mouth off when it's nothing to do with him. Just cos he went for the "Big club" sorry, money......

Its his opinion and he is welcome to it. Blackburn will be seen as a small club for a long time to come and there is nothing short of massive investment that will change that. As far as the money thing with Neil, if someone offered to double your salary wouldn't you go?

Its his opinion and he is welcome to it. Blackburn will be seen as a small club for a long time to come and there is nothing short of massive investment that will change that. As far as the money thing with Neil, if someone offered to double your salary wouldn't you go?

Don't know. I'm on a fixed salary being a teacher with no negotiating rights and a sub inflation pay rise for the last 4 years. Wouldn't give up teaching so can't answer your question.

Don't know. I'm on a fixed salary being a teacher with no negotiating rights and a sub inflation pay rise for the last 4 years. Wouldn't give up teaching so can't answer your question.

That's totally different. If another school came along and offered to double your salary though - would you turn that down?

So you cant move to a more illustrious school or university? I am not being an ass, I am honestly curious.

Archived