BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] I Come In Peace! - Mark Hughes

toonfan

I wouldn't blame him if he went but I'd be surprised, unless he wants the usual Newcastle bonus of 4 years pay for 8 months work. I'd view any owner that thought it was a good idea to jet off half way around the World the week they start looking for new manager as a bit of a clown !

I don't want Shearer, I'm not convinced he's up to the job and he'd be off like a shot if Newcastle came calling. Chris Coleman or Steve Coppell anybody ?

One thing if he does go we don't need to panic, we could take our time and get the right guy even if it takes until summer.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you cant move to a more illustrious school or university? I am not being an ass, I am honestly curious.

Teachers are paid on a government set scale. there are ways of increasing your salary but usually it means you do less teaching and more admin. You can sometimes earn more in the private sector but then sometimes not and most of them pay on the same scale anyway. University lecturers have higher qualifications. As to the question about whether I'd change school for double my salary ( a hypothetical question if ever there was one as it'd never happen) probably not as we're a good to outstanding school and there aren't many of those about. It would have to be an enormous salary hike to persuade me to swap a very good school for one that is rubbish and even then I'd probably not do it. The relationship with the Head, the staff and your kids is what really counts to a teacher. Sound like any other situation we're discussing?

Im starting to get annoyed with the attendance issue regarding what makes a big club...for instance are monaco considerd a big club? there average attendance last season was 8 thousand and odd.I think if we could fill the Ewood week in week out then no one would mention it.

I think we are seen as a small club down to the bad luck of being in the area we are.

Obviously if we were in a city with a population close to or over a million people then we would sell out each week.

And it wouldnt be raised.

Im starting to get annoyed with the attendance issue regarding what makes a big club...for instance are monaco considerd a big club? there average attendance last season was 8 thousand and odd.I think if we could fill the Ewood week in week out then no one would mention it.

I think we are seen as a small club down to the bad luck of being in the area we are.

Obviously if we were in a city with a population close to or over a million people then we would sell out each week.

And it wouldnt be raised.

But if we were in a big city we'd have loads of plastic fans who knew nowt about football but wanted to be seen at games because it's a trendy thing to do and then we wouldn't be Rovers would we?

the whole keegan/shearer thing seems to be gathering pace in newcastle.

as someone said before, i would prefer shearer/el tel to be honest.

think shearer/keegan smells of a power struggle personally

Please, please, please can you do every Irish fan (and in turn Rovers fans) on the planet a favour make that happen? :)

Another drift on Betfair B)

Not quite as bad as Arry - laid him at 1.30 - now trades at 33/1. (Just want the market settled now so i can take my cash :rolleyes:

People just follow the money like sheep.

Will be interesting to see what Rovers are prepared to do if Hughes tries to leverage his current employer for more money. That is what many (including myself) would try and do with a much better offer on the table.

Think he'll stay put, however if Rover's can improve his contract - longer term picture will be in his mind surely esp. when fergie goes so why go to newcastle when he can wait for the united job if he carries on with the success he has had to date off very limited resouces.

if we had our old board still i would agree!

Never mind the rhetoric and sound bytes that will be emanating from St James Park, the general concensus in press, media and football is that Ashley and Mort are making proper d1cks of themselves in

a. getting rid of Big Sam without giving him proper time and authority to pull things around.

b. doing so without having lined up a proper and committed replacement of any quality.

Never mind the rhetoric and sound bytes that will be emanating from St James Park, the general concensus in press, media and football is that Ashley and Mort are making proper d1cks of themselves in

a. getting rid of Big Sam without giving him proper time and authority to pull things around.

b. doing so without having lined up a proper and committed replacement of any quality.

They presumably thought there were loads of available people just salivating over the chance to come to SJP and didn't think that managers of any stature are getting very clever nowadays and realising that they hold all the bargaining chips. Their background is business not football and the 2 are not even vaguely similar

Alan Oliver in tonight's Newcastle Evening Chron says Toon fans want Keegan and Shearer but seems to think Hughes has the job and it only needs Ashley's return from HK tomorrow for the move to be ratified.

Let's hope his record of accuracy thus far is maintained!

On the attendance debate, I lifted this forecast on the FA Cup replay on Wednesday night:

As things stand: 22,855

Mark Hughes takes over: 28,741

Keegan/Shearer: 52,300

Stoke are taking up to 6,000 by the way.

Hopefully Hughes will look at the list of people who have gone to Newcastle and not recaptured the glory of their Rovers days:-

Lee

Batty

Shearer

Dalglish

Gallacher

Souness

The list is long but I can't think of any notable exceptions. Don't do it Mark....you know it'll end in tears.

Also, I too would love to see Keegan back in the game and Newcastle is the club for him definitely.

Id love to see Kegan back in the game, hes a proper character but i dont think hes the best candidate for the job.

I'd love to see him lose the plot live on sky again, a gem to behold!

Ferguson must have been pi**ing himself laughing when he saw it...

Hopefully Hughes will look at the list of people who have gone to Newcastle and not recaptured the glory of their Rovers days:-

Lee

Batty

Shearer

Dalglish

Gallacher

Souness

The list is long but I can't think of any notable exceptions. Don't do it Mark....you know it'll end in tears.

Also, I too would love to see Keegan back in the game and Newcastle is the club for him definitely.

Shay Given ?

I doubt even massive investment would change the size status of our club. As far as 'modern' fans and some media pundits are concerned, a big club is that which has a big following. In my opinion that's totally ludicrous and I'm sure all Rovers fans agree. It's just sad to see (from our point of view) that many players are also bothered about attendances of clubs and won't go there if it's quite low as it's seen as a step down. Football is so tarty these days...

disagree. we were a massive club in 1994. competing with anyone in the transfer market and out doing most....

it's ALL about the money.

disagree. we were a massive club in 1994. competing with anyone in the transfer market and out doing most....

it's ALL about the money.

full houses ,trouble getting tickets home and away and champions oh what a time .....CHAMPIONS MR TOON CHAMPIONS I SAY......IF YOU VISIT OUR PREMIER SUITE TAKE A PEEK ON THE FIRST FLOOR ITS A REPLICA OF WHAT WE WON ...THE TOONS CABINENT HAS TUMBLWEED AND COBWEBS

Archived