BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] I Come In Peace! - Mark Hughes

toonfan

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Loon Army were going to make a move they would have done it today. As of 20-30 they haven't, and Mark Hughes has again come out and said that he is happy at Blackburn has a good relation with, and enjoys working with, the board - which he claims counts for a lot.

Personally I'd rather not entertain Geordies coming on here being all smug and giving it the 'we are are a bigger club than you so how dare Hughes not fall at our feet with gratitude when we offer him the job' routine. If he goes, fine. He will be sacked in 6 months because Ashley and his throng of dummy - throwing followers and hangers - on, harping back to the good old days in the 1800's when you actually WON something, are too stupid to realsie that their club is in turmoil and is a couple of steps away from being the next Leeds United. Its a 5 year job that they expect to be done in 6 months because they no patience or footballing knowledge sufficient to grasp the fact.

If they install Shearer its because their hearts are way too big for their Brown Ale addled brains and think a guy who has NO coaching or manegerial experience can drag them out of their self deluded pit.

Yes, I have a dislike for Geordies because they think their club is something it is not. It is a poorly run managers graveyard and even Uncle 'Arry was smart enough to see that. They should get a grip and realise what they actually are. A mediocre, badly run club who will never, under the current regime, realise their dream of being a top four club.

If you go Hughes, good luck. You'll need it in bucketfulls. And you'll never get the Man Yoo job with a failed stint at Newcastle on your CV. This fact you know, which is why you will stay.

Accyrover.

Never mind the rhetoric and sound bytes that will be emanating from St James Park, the general concensus in press, media and football is that Ashley and Mort are making proper d1cks of themselves in

a. getting rid of Big Sam without giving him proper time and authority to pull things around.

b. doing so without having lined up a proper and committed replacement of any quality.

i tend to agree but the flip side is that they have the right to appoint their own manager at the end of the day. ashley says he should have brought his own man in from the start but they would have been slated even more for sacking sam after a week into the job.

on the topic of lining up a manager, it depends who you believe, harry claims he was offered it, we claim we discussed it with him as one of many.

a few papers claim hughes has always been ashleys choice, he was a regular at ewood apparently, some sponsorship that he used to have of you lot?

a few papers claim hughes has always been ashleys choice, he was a regular at ewood apparently, some sponsorship that he used to have of you lot?

A club employee on the official website has dismissed that and doubts whether Ashley has ever set foot in Ewood even as NUFC owner let alone negotiated the deal personally.

A club employee on the official website has dismissed that and doubts whether Ashley has ever set foot in Ewood even as NUFC owner let alone negotiated the deal personally.

fair enough, just what i read.

i think we'll know in the next 48 hours or so, they are apparently keen to give the new manager time in this window to back him quite heavily.

not sure why, but i dont think it will be hughes

rumours about that its pretty much done

http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=66253

i guess we'll see in tonights press.

i just get the feeling from his interviews that he may be using us to get more transfer funds at your place?

have to admit that we dont look an exciting proposition at the minute, even if our owner is a billionaire, there's a lot of ###### in our team.

alan smith for starters.

If worst comes to the worse....

It's just dawned on me that this needs to be sorted out really soon.

If it takes us a week to find a replacement, then he will only have a week to bring players in before the window slams shut.

We need extra bodies in for the European place push, especially in midfield.

I think we all need to put ourselves in Hughes' mind.

Let's take it a given that he has ambitions to take over from Rat -Faced Whinger at The Scum.

Which is by no means certain, it's just that everyone has assumed that it is correct and that MH wants the job at The Theatre Of Merchandising one day in the future when RFW hangs up his hairdryer & sticks his final lump of chewing gum under the board's table.

Will MH be first in line for the job or will the Glaziers opt for someone else. I'm pretty certain that the Old Trafford crowd & the media will be screaming or MH to take over, but RFW doesn't look anywhere near giving up the job just yet. He's going for a Champions league win before he disappears.

So what does MH do to enhance his credentials?

Stick with us and take us from a desperate, relegation-threatened side to one on the edge of a CL place, & more Cup semi-finals.

Or jump to The Skunks and try and prove to the world & his wife that he has the ability to change not one, but two, hopelessly under-acheiving clubs into decent teams. Maybe he will be able to prove at Newcastle that he has the nouse to spend lots of money wisely, certainly an ability he hasn't been able to prove with us where he has spent very little money very wisely.

To be honest I don't envy MH, it's a bit of a dilemma. If he can save Newcastle from collapse then it's a good note on his CV. The point being that The Scum don't need a manager who can do that. They want a manager who can win then a CL trophy post-RFW.

Resurrecting The Skunks is a bit like renovating a Morris Minor to road-worthy condition. Leading The Scum to PL victory is more Lewis Hamilton.

Or something.

With squirrels

I'd go for Houllier if I were the Barcodes. What do you think of him Toonfan?

he's another manager i would like to see here, his record is very good.

i do think he bought pretty badly towards the end at liverpool, but, that aside, top gaffer

Hopefully Hughes will look at the list of people who have gone to Newcastle and not recaptured the glory of their Rovers days:-

Lee

Batty

Shearer

Dalglish

Gallacher

Souness

The list is long but I can't think of any notable exceptions. Don't do it Mark....you know it'll end in tears.

Also, I too would love to see Keegan back in the game and Newcastle is the club for him definitely.

Roger Jones

Hopefully Hughes will look at the list of people who have gone to Newcastle and not recaptured the glory of their Rovers days:-

Lee

Batty

Shearer

Dalglish

Gallacher

Souness

The list is long but I can't think of any notable exceptions. Don't do it Mark....you know it'll end in tears.

Also, I too would love to see Keegan back in the game and Newcastle is the club for him definitely.

Roger Jones

Graham Oates

Archived