BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why Do We Have No Money

waggy

The trustees are running a tight ship - nothing wrong with that, i think its commendable especially in these soon to be difficult times.

Rovers have a wage bill of £30m plus, that seems very generous indeed to me, what Hughes and Williams need to do is re-assess who's of value within that wage bill. Surely there must be some casualties that can make way for new additions, Righters, Henchoz, Berner, Gallagher seem to be a few.

Surely the continual evolvution of the playing staff there is plenty of scope for movements in and out, if Hughes then wishes to keep on some of the nohopers mentioned and bring in talentless ###### like Faye, then for me Mark Hughes management has to brought into question and ask has he gone as far as he is capable of doing.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Hughes then wishes to keep on some of the nohopers mentioned and bring in talentless ###### like Faye, then for me Mark Hughes management has to brought into question and ask has he gone as far as he is capable of doing.

The Keegan news yesterday must've really p1ssed you off Jal. Shame. Imo 'talentless ######' applies rather more to your judgement than to that of Hughes and his team.

The Keegan news yesterday must've really p1ssed you off Jal. Shame. Imo 'talentless ######' applies rather more to your judgement than to that of Hughes and his team.

So your a Amdy faye fan pleased for you, but not for Blackburn Rovers i'm looking for winning solutions on the field of play if my judgement isnt in line with yours then so be it.

Faye doesnt increase the probabilities of winning and his career history proves it.

I'm with Blackburn Rovers (Please don't use that word again) your Lancashire United @#/?.

The trustees are running a tight ship - nothing wrong with that, i think its commendable especially in these soon to be difficult times.

Rovers have a wage bill of £30m plus, that seems very generous indeed to me, what Hughes and Williams need to do is re-assess who's of value within that wage bill. Surely there must be some casualties that can make way for new additions, Righters, Henchoz, Berner, Gallagher seem to be a few.

Surely the continual evolvution of the playing staff there is plenty of scope for movements in and out, if Hughes then wishes to keep on some of the nohopers mentioned and bring in talentless ###### like Faye, then for me Mark Hughes management has to brought into question and ask has he gone as far as he is capable of doing.

And plan B (with no money) is ?

Depends what Jacks wishes were. There is something wrong if Jack didn't intend to run things the way they are now.

:rover: thanks for all the info folks,i am a little nearer in my quest,one quetion though surely our wag bill has not gone up by 200k a week in 2 yrs.i know football pays crazy money but a player on 30k a week surely can't expect a 15k a week wage rise :brfcsmilie:

£5m increase is £100K a week. The pay rises plus the increase in the size of the first team squad by one or two accounts for that.

We now have two super star forwards rather than one, Samba, Bentley and Nelsen are all on improved contracts as are the entire coaching/football management team for the senior squad.

one quetion though surely our wag bill has not gone up by 200k a week in 2 yrs.i know football pays crazy money but a player on 30k a week surely can't expect a 15k a week wage rise :brfcsmilie:

I haven't the time or the inclination to look into this but one thing which strikes me on this subject is this. A wage bill increase does not necessarily mean the squad have all enjoyed a significant rise. To get a real comaprison you'd have to look back at the squad for two years or more and consider who has been released (probably on comparatively low salary) and who has come in (probably on a much higher salary). Secondly players such as Nelsen, who probably arrived on a very low wage, were simply pleased to be at Ewood. Once they establish themselves the club have to begin paying salaries which will keep them at Ewood (remember Portsmouth's approach?) The final point being the wage bill includes the manager and his staff. We don't know what has been done to keep this team at Ewood but I'm sure im my own mind it will have included money

:rover: i was talking 10 million,even a secondary modern lad can work that out :brfcsmilie:

At the end of June (season 05/06) the wage bill was £33.4, add 10% for last season, add 10% this season - doesn't take long to spend £7m.

Without looking up exactly when they left, though, we also had high earners such as Matteo (we had to take over his contract, which was rumored to be pretty high), Flitty, Cole and Lucas (not terribly high, but we never technically replaced him).

Matteo- Leeds were supposed to be paying his wage excess which is why Rovers are an unpaid football creditor of that lot.

Cole- replaced (eventually) by a much higher earning Bellamy replaced by McCarthy

Flitcroft- replaced (eventually) by Dunn

Lucas- replaced by Warnock and Berner. The former will no doubt be in line for an uplifted contract if he cuts out the odd bad performance.

Sav's sale presumably does create some wage head room. But to say that wages in the Prem are unnecessarily high is an understatement.

Matteo- Leeds were supposed to be paying his wage excess which is why Rovers are an unpaid football creditor of that lot.

Cole- replaced (eventually) by a much higher earning Bellamy replaced by McCarthy

Lucas- replaced by Warnock and Berner. The former will no doubt be in line for an uplifted contract if he cuts out the odd bad performance.

Sav's sale presumably does create some wage head room. But to say that wages in the Prem are unnecessarily high is an understatement.

Complicated.

Trying to work all this out is impossible. Fair enough, contracts have been readjusted, but that's always been the way.

The thing is, it appears to me, as though the search for a buyer [at least 2/3 years now], coincides with the manager not having any net funds for transfers.

That's as near as I can get.

[oops sorry, didn't mean to quote Philips post. It's just a general assessment]

So your a Amdy faye fan pleased for you, but not for Blackburn Rovers i'm looking for winning solutions on the field of play if my judgement isnt in line with yours then so be it.

Faye doesnt increase the probabilities of winning and his career history proves it.

I'm with Blackburn Rovers (Please don't use that word again) your Lancashire United @#/?.

I'm not an Amdy Faye fan but I do respect the managers judgement on incoming players rather more than yours. I shall expect an apology when you have simmered down...... and seen sense.

Forgot Gray, but I'd be shocked if Bellamy was much higher earning than Cole. Rumor was Cole was on 50-60, which is what we offered Bellers to stay, not what we paid him for the first season. (Also forgot Yorke.)

I'd be shocked if Dunn is on 2/3 of what Flitty was on.

My point is less that we are paying at least what we were before, but with those high earners gone, I don't see how the number could be more than 10% higher.

And plan B (with no money) is ?

What i imean is the budget is so big you just have to move people around to get the maximum out of that budget.

Its a decent sized budget and there is plenty of room to manouevre with the potential to raise money through selling certain fringe players or just getting them off the wage bill on freebies.

What i'd like to see is Rovers wage bill versus every other premirship club that would show how efficient Rovers are.

Depends what Jacks wishes were. There is something wrong if Jack didn't intend to run things the way they are now.

Has the premiership and the Blackburn town scene not changed slightly over the past seven or so years that brings an air of caution from the trustees.

Costs have risen but the paying punter has'nt increased significantly enough to go anywhere near on a par with costs.

Blackburn town just isnt generating any sustainable quality employers that can market its goods and take on the world and brings that income back into the town that can then filter back into the local economy and Rovers.

Everyone is just drifting away from the place (Blackburn town)but its not just Blackburn caution has to be exercised, but where it ends who knows. Lets hope Rovers play their cards right with regards to future decisions.

I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but with Bolton being our nearest neighbours and in ways a similar sort of club I thought their latest figues (YE July 1st 2007) might be of interest. The 2006 figures are in brackets:

Attendance 23,600 (25,200) - 6%

T/O £43m (£46.5m) - 7% mainly due to attendance decline

Operating costs £41.9m (£39.1m) +7%

Loss fr the year £2m (+ £18k)

Cumulative losses £9.7m

Wage bill £30m for 204 employees (£27.9m / 191)

Borrowings £67.2m (£51.5m) Hope I read this bit correctly

I'm not at all sure, but that is how I interpret it. You would need someone like philip to comment. If he's interested I can send him the accounts.

BTW the Bolton directors are paid by the parent company of the football club.

Archived