BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Not The Middlesbrough Preview.

den

MOTM?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Friedel
    • Ooijer
    • Samba
    • Nelsen
    • Warnock
    • Betnley
    • Dunn
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • Roberts
    • Santa Cruz
    • Emerton
    • Derbyshire

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

either we play mcarthy and roberts upfront resting cruz..or roberts and cruz upfront dropping mcarthy to the bench..

i dont know why people want us to play 4-3-3..

it sounds like they just want mcarthy and cruz in the same side, but because roberts played well they feel he has to be there..on form the team should be roberts and cruz up front..

Regardless of result we just need a good entertaining performance after the last two Ewood horror shows against Sunderland and Coventry.

Did I miss something? I thought we beat Sunderland. It may not have been pretty but it was 3 points and a clean sheet. After our recent form I'll take any ugly win we get.

either we play mcarthy and roberts upfront resting cruz..or roberts and cruz upfront dropping mcarthy to the bench..

it sounds like they just want mcarthy and cruz in the same side, but because roberts played well they feel he has to be there..on form the team should be roberts and cruz up front..

Yes Roberts should play I agree, if you are doing the business you should be in the team. He is and McCarthy, at the moment, isn't.

Regardless of result we just need a good entertaining performance after the last two Ewood horror shows against Sunderland and Coventry.

A big performance is required from our Dunny and MGP tomorrow to see us through.

I think this is not right. Rovers have played bentley in the hole throughout the season. At Bolton last week Reid was told to pick (just prior to nolan goal!) up the back post after bentley lost his man frequently. He allowed davies a free header earlier. He is defensively weak though he tracks back. Benny has tracked back all season and is defensively much better than bentley. How many times have we seen benny in rovers box or too deep.

Hughes as played an attacking 4-4-2 (not 4-3-3 as you mention) frequently. This is not a formation change but a personnel change.

Sod it, go for the throat!

-------------------- Brad --------------------

------------- Nelsen -- Samba -------------

-Emerton------------------------ Pedersen-

-------------------- Reid --------------------

-Derbyshire----------------------- Bentley-

----------------- McCarthy------------------

------- Santa Cruz -- Roberts--------------

Subs: Brown, Gally, Tugay, Dunn, Rigters

(yes this is a joke)

I think this is not right. Rovers have played bentley in the hole throughout the season. At Bolton last week Reid was told to pick (just prior to nolan goal!) up the back post after bentley lost his man frequently. He allowed davies a free header earlier. He is defensively weak though he tracks back. Benny has tracked back all season and is defensively much better than bentley. How many times have we seen benny in rovers box or too deep.

Hughes as played an attacking 4-4-2 (not 4-3-3 as you mention) frequently. This is not a formation change but a personnel change.

bentley wasnt picking up davies when he had the free header , it was nelsen by the way...

id rather we didnt risk a midfield player for mcarthy to play..

I reckon we'll go 4-4-2 with:

Friedel

Warnock

Samba

Nelsen

Oojier

Bentley

Reid

Emerton/Dunn

MGP

Benni

Roque

Would like to see Emerton playing the holding role in the midfield today and given Oojiers performance last week I see no reason why he should be out of the lineup. If we have problems dealing with Downing then Emerton can push out wide to help.

NO!!!!

Hopefully we learnt from that harrowing time Petrov gave Zura. If the opposition have a star player, we cannot go with a makeshift solution against them when the first choice player is available to do the job.

Boro have Downing and Tuncay who are both potential match winners. Playing people out of position against both of them which is what the last post advocated is a recipe for disaster.

NO!!!!

Hopefully we learnt from that harrowing time Petrov gave Zura. If the opposition have a star player, we cannot go with a makeshift solution against them when the first choice player is available to do the job.

Boro have Downing and Tuncay who are both potential match winners. Playing people out of position against both of them which is what the last post advocated is a recipe for disaster.

I have no idea what the team will be but in yesterday's LT Zurab was down for right back and no mention of Oojer.

I want a big win here. We are at home against a poor Boro side and we need to win games like this to keep our push for Europe going. I think that we can win this one 3-0 with McCarthy, Cruz and Reid scoring.

Their recent away form is anything but poor ! Won 3, drawn 2, lost 1 out of the last 6. They won't be a push over this time, I'll settle for scoring first for once, I'm expecting a score draw.

i don't know if it is the effect of a dozen cans of the amber nectar or the common sense that has given me the belief that we can win today, and win quite comfortably. whatever it is we need to do a professional job and play good, but more importantly common sense football and we will come away with 3 pts. who scores in (hopefully) a rovers win doeesn't matter.

-------------------- Brad --------------------

------------- Nelsen -- Samba -------------

-Emerton------------------------ warnock-

-------------------- Reid --------------------

-Bentley----------------------- derbyshire-

----------------- MGP ------------------

------- Santa Cruz -- Roberts--------------

subs: mccarthy, khizanisvhilli, treacy, tugay, dunn

MGP to play CF if he is fit. I would like to see him get some goals because it will probably inspire the players and the fans. If this does happen we may be able to push for champions league spot like bentley says in todays telegraph.

verdict -4-3 middlesborough but mccarthy to come on for santa and do what roberts did last week thus prompting a return in form. Bentley and santa to score and MGP to hit the bar from a free kick

ROVERS: Friedel, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen ©, Warnock, Bentley, Reid, Dunn, Pedersen, Roberts, Santa Cruz. Subs: Brown (GK), Emerton, McCarthy, Khizanishvili, Derbyshire.

MIDDLESBROUGH: Schwarzer, Young, Arca ©, O'Neil, Pogatetz, Boateng, Aliadiere, Huth, Tuncay, Downing, Wheater. Subs: Turnbull (GK), Riggott, Rochemback, Lee, Johnson.

From the official site. No big surprises, Roberts coming on for Benni, Emerton fit enough for bench, but no sign of Tugay.

EDIT: Great, beaten to it by maybe 15 seconds ;)

Roberts in ahead of Benni, Ooijer keeps his place in defense.

ROVERS: Friedel, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen ©, Warnock, Bentley, Reid, Dunn, Pedersen, Roberts, Santa Cruz. Subs: Brown (GK), Emerton, McCarthy, Khizanishvili, Derbyshire.

Archived