BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone remind me why Keegan left the Geordies.

Coz he's a quitter. Does the same whenever things don't go his way.

Hamburg, Newcastle, England, Man City...

Leopards don't change their spots, he'll be off again soon.

That's us safe for another 8 months. From Newcastle that is.

I don't think that'll be the case. I expect Hughes to now be linked to every manager's job going between now and the end of his time at Rovers. However, if he pulls another interview like the one on MOTD the other night, I won't be so sure we'll be keeping him next time.

That's us safe for another 8 months. From Newcastle that is.

By that time Kev will be about 12 million richer, the mags 30 million lighter but with half a dozen very expensive showboating Carlos Kickaballs on long contracts. And they'll be after Hughes all over again.

One thing about all this mystefys me...... how tf did Fat Ashley ever make so much money? :rock:

Give the Geordies their due, in the private universe they live in they are number one, the best supporters, the most attractive team etc., etc.. Unfortunately in the real universe they are a team with 50 years of failure, underperforming and with fans who are easily duped. They are also the laughing stock of the Premiership.

Let's get back to our team and ignore the distractions from the press about our manager.

Why are many of you dissing him. I for one am glad he is back. His teams play nice football to watch. Sure I watch Rovers but I was the other games that are on and seeing a good match always makes me smile.

Not everyone can win something each year however, if the guys you are watching put on a nice display of football for the guys who buy tickets then thats what it is all about.

Welcome back Kevin Keegan.

Why are many of you dissing him. I for one am glad he is back. His teams play nice football to watch. Sure I watch Rovers but I was the other games that are on and seeing a good match always makes me smile.

Not everyone can win something each year however, if the guys you are watching put on a nice display of football for the guys who buy tickets then thats what it is all about.

Welcome back Kevin Keegan.

Do you think that he will see out the full term of his contract cocker? I don't.

Why are many of you dissing him. I for one am glad he is back. His teams play nice football to watch.

Go ask the Man City fans about that Cocker. They'll tell you City were pants under him.

If Newcastle are such a massive club who can attract the top players and top managers [which they should be able to do, if they are truly massive], then why go back to Keegan who was found wanting when it came to the crunch, when far more modern, tactically aware people are available?

Oh aye - just thought, and why go for 'Arry first choice, If Kev's a god?

Do you think that he will see out the full term of his contract cocker? I don't.

Only God knows the answer to that

den Posted Today, 19:06

QUOTE(Cocker @ Jan 16 2008, 19:00 )

Why are many of you dissing him. I for one am glad he is back. His teams play nice football to watch.

Go ask the Man City fans about that Cocker. They'll tell you City were pants under him.

Well I thought there were good anyway

Phew!!

Thank #### that`s over with.

Great result for BRFC. Hughes staying for a bit longer & Keegan to #### the geordies up good & proper :tu:

Right hopefully some incoming transfer activity will commence.

However i think we have all learnt during this episode that our manager is not going to sit pretty at Ewood until the Man U job come available. His comments throughtout have taught us that if he feels a more progressive offer along the lines of Newcastle becomes available he will probably be off.

Absolutely.

I really cannot get on board with all the expressions of relief. Our problem has not gone away.

This whole sorry experience has left the club under no illusions whatsoever - if he gets the right offer, our manager will be gone. Sparky had a chance to publicly denounce the Newcastle proposition, pledge allegience to the club, and leave us looking a very steady ship to prospective signings and investors alike. As he refused to do so, we can now guarantee Mark Hughes will be installed as immediate favourite for every semi-high profile job that comes up between now and when he finally does one.

How as a club are we now expected to be able to convince good players to come and play for us? Likewise, how can JW be expected to convince our players to extend contracts/commit futures to this football club, knowing full well managerial upheaval could be right around the corner.

In my opinion Sparky failed us on this one - big time. It remains to be seen if we feel a lasting effect.

Were Man Citeh good to watch under him? I thought they were terrible, weren't they?

Dreadful decision by them, really bad, I couldn't imagine them cocking it up bigger.

I mean it, seriously. Hughes probably would've gone , and would've sorted them out.

hell forget hughes, they couldve got dider deschamps in..well he flew there for talks anyway, as much as i love sparky deschamps would have been even better.

but they went for kev, what a massive joke of a club.

Division 2 February 15 1992 Home Newcastle United 3 1 Speedie 3

Premier League August 29 1993 Away Newcastle United 1 1 Shearer

Premier League February 19 1994 Home Newcastle United 1 0 May

Premier League October 9 1994 Away Newcastle United 1 1 Shearer(pen)

Premier League May 8 1995 Home Newcastle United 1 0 Shearer

Premier League November 8 1995 Away Newcastle United 0 1

Premier League April 8 1996 Home Newcastle United 2 1 Fenton 2

Premier League September 14 1996 Away Newcastle United 1 2 Sutton

Premier League December 26 1996 Home Newcastle United 1 0 Gallacher

Premier League September 15 2002 Away Manchester City 2 2 Thompson,Cole

Premier League March 1 2003 Home Manchester City 1 0 Dunn

Premier League August 25 2003 Home Manchester City 2 3 (og),Amoruso

Premier League January 17 2004 Away Manchester City 1 1 Flitcroft

Premier League November 13 2004 Away Manchester City 1 1 Dickov

This is our record again Keegan's teams. Won 6 Drawn 5 Lost 3

Not exactly quaking in me boots. But he did provide me with one of the funniest moments at Ewood in April 96, so good luck to him.

Archived