BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ryan Nelsen

:rover: since the injury he recieved at charlton 3 seasons back ryan has struggled to come back to his high standards,i think oojjer deserves to play centre back tomorrow night and ryan rested :brfc:

Nearly twelve months on waggy i'd say your comments regarding Ryan Nelsen are more poignant than ever before.

Looks like Big Sam is going to need another centre half to maintain the continuity of the club.

Keep the faith and get your down arse down there.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iv said it for some time - Samba is our best Centre back and he carries he Nelsen in alot of games. Nelsen hasnt been the same player for some time and has lost a yard of pace.

On Salgado - Lancs Telewag is reporting that Sam may have to sell before he brings him in....

• 2 weeks later...

This was in an article here in NZ today:

Meanwhile, Herbert, the All Whites coach, said he had spoken to All Whites captain Ryan Nelsen, who limped off the field during Blackburn's English Premier League loss to Sunderland at the weekend.

Despite reports out of England suggesting Nelsen could be out for a month with a knee injury, Herbert said: "The signs are promising for Jordan [september 9], so hopefully he'll be there."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/2805...in-from-Phoenix

I kinda hope he doesnt join up with the NZ squad for the friendly, him getting over the injury fully before our world cup playoffs is much more important.

• 5 months later...

Radio Rovers said the news was he'll be out for a month.

Don't think they could be sure about that, sounds to me as though it's fairly serious. I would think the only thing they could say is that it will be a minimum of one month.

I doubt anyone will know until a scan is done.

Felliani also played for a few minutes after his injury but he is out for 6 months. Luckily or unluckily the Admiral walked off on his own two feet. Lets hope its not the same injury he had on that same knee and that he is back soon, for us and doesnt miss the WC.

How bad was Allardyce in getting him off though? Nelsen was rolling around on the floor clutching his knee so you knew he was hurt (he's not the type to feign injury for a free kick), yet nobody was ready just in case he couldn't come back on. Then when he was clearly struggling to run off the injury still nobody was ready to come on.

###### poor management.

How bad was Allardyce in getting him off though? Nelsen was rolling around on the floor clutching his knee so you knew he was hurt (he's not the type to feign injury for a free kick), yet nobody was ready just in case he couldn't come back on. Then when he was clearly struggling to run off the injury still nobody was ready to come on.

###### poor management.

Wahey, I knew people would find something to complain about from Sunday.

We have no idea whose idea it was to keep Nelsen on a couple of minutes longer, maybe Ryan himself wanted to see if he could run it off? Maybe the physio thought he would be able to?

Given that Sam sits in the stands for the first half, surely he can only act on the information given to him over the radio? If he is told Nelsen has a bad injury and needs to come off, he's not going to say otherwise really, is he?

Losing our cap'n is a blow, but at least Givet will return to his true calling.

Absolutely - Givet is out best centre-back, Olsson is doing great at left-back, and with the emergence of Julie Beckenbauer, we've got nothing to worry about.

Lets get this right.....Grella & Chimbonda were warming up for it.

Nelsen took his time and wanted to try and continue....he couldnt manage it and the management had a discussion as they wanted to keep NZonzi infront of the back 4.....Mimms mentioned about Andrews playing centre half at Wolves and they gave him a few minutes in that role, before deciding to not bring a wing back on to play centre back (square peg, round holes) and instead brought Grella on who had therefore had a little time to warm up & therefore not pick up a muscle strain (and came back out at half time).

If you ask me it was pretty good management, + they managed to maintain the clean sheet. :brfc:

Sorry LeChuck, but I see where Exiled Rover is coming from. Maybe it wasn't Sam's fault, but Nelsen was very immobile and looked in a lot of pain - it was clear he wasn't going to be able to continue. He then took off the arm band and handed it to Robinson, before making his way to the sideline, only to return to CB because nobody was ready to sub on for him. Forcing him to continue like that could well have exacerbated the injury.

Ahhh but he's not a patch on our Keeeeef

It was a gamble that paid off - but I am still amazed it did. The Bolton front two dominated Super Keef in the air - and Givet isn't the tallest defender either. What Super Keef did that impressed me - he realised he couldn't win the headers and concentrated a lot of the time on winning the second ball. If Bolton were in anyway decent - they could have easily exposed our makeshift centre-half. However, his willingless to play a number of positions without moaning is of great credit to him. Our latest Super Atko - well maybe not yet - but hopefully people will get off his back now.

Sorry to say it - but I will be disappointed if he starts against Liverpool - with Grella back - he shouldn't really get a look in (other than the bench)

• 1 month later...

Archived