BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Have You Seen On The Way To See The Rovers?

It's going back a few years, I think it was when Rovers were wearing that horrible light blue "Persex" kit.

I was going to a match and saw this bloke at the bus stop wearing a Rovers' shirt so I stopped to offer him a lift.

We got talking about where we came from and where we went to school and where our parents lived and all that kind of stuff and then somewhere about Tommy Ball's shoe shop we realised that we were actually were born at the same place, and that we both went to the same schools and (beleive it or not) his mother and father, and my mother and father were the same people.

My eyes filled up with tears at meeting my long-lost brother who I had never known existed. I had to pull over to the side of the road as I couldn't see to drive.

"Stop pratting about Colin" he said. "Drive me to the game or I'll tell Mum you've been taking psychedelic drugs again."

So I drove. We won eleventy-nine nil.

I saw a hippo in the Leeds-Liverpool canal from the window of The Moorings on Saturday. It ate ducks. And dodos.

It's going back a few years, I think it was when Rovers were wearing that horrible light blue "Persex" kit.

I was going to a match and saw this bloke at the bus stop wearing a Rovers' shirt so I stopped to offer him a lift.

We got talking about where we came from and where we went to school and where our parents lived and all that kind of stuff and then somewhere about Tommy Ball's shoe shop we realised that we were actually were born at the same place, and that we both went to the same schools and (beleive it or not) his mother and father, and my mother and father were the same people.

My eyes filled up with tears at meeting my long-lost brother who I had never known existed. I had to pull over to the side of the road as I couldn't see to drive.

"Stop pratting about Colin" he said. "Drive me to the game or I'll tell Mum you've been taking psychedelic drugs again."

So I drove. We won eleventy-nine nil.

I saw a hippo in the Leeds-Liverpool canal from the window of The Moorings on Saturday. It ate ducks. And dodos.

Hope you're sleeping well Colin!!! :blink:

Ive seen someone have Khizanishvili spelt wrong on their shirt, at first i thought it looked ok but then i did a double take and i swear it was spelt wrong.

Also seen 4/5 year olds no joke in trafford waving V signs and yelling foul language at the Chelsea team bus.

Seen a Utd fan walking straight into a lamppost ###### that was priceless.

Years back, during a cup game at Shrewsbury Town (Ian Pearce scored) a shout went out from the Rovers fans walking towards the ground. They had only gone & found.........JOHN BOND!!! who was trying his best not to be recognised. He was mobbed by the cheering Rovers fans & thanked many many times for being such a cr@p Bumley boss! :lol:

....also, at the Full Members Cup final at Wembley in 1987, a certain Rovers-hating TV pundit Jimmy Hill got spotted as he approached the steps leading up to the stadium. Jimmy was struggling with the steps, as he had crutches & one foot in plaster. The jeering Rovers fans pelted him with food. Jimmy was helpless & simply had to run the gauntlet! :lol:

....& finally, (not quite on the way to a Rovers game) but the day after our 2-0 victory at the Dingle-dome in 2000. I was driving through Hapton & saw a road sign pointing Burnley one way & Blackburn the other. Some celebrating Roverites had spray-painted a big 0next to Burnley & a big 2 next to Blackburn........it certainly made my day! :tu:

:lol:

on the way to the fa cup semi, we stopped of at some services and found lucozade doing a promotion. the fittest model was more than willing to have her photo taken with me and my banner :) as shown below and we also got about 20 free bottles of lucozade!

2421510226a4329347542b389304024l.jpg

Also that day we seen this beast of a lambo!

2421510226a4329285063b3777634l.jpg

I saw Martin Dahlin outside a kebab shop in East London after Rovers played West Ham, it was in the late 1990's in the Woy era. Me and a friend were waiting for a bus after the game and we spotted him. We lost that day (don't we always loose there) and Martin had missed a sitter. I plucked up the courage to go and speak to him as my mate was a bit too nervous. As I appoached him he looked really concerned, it was obvious from my attire that I was a Rovers fan and I suppose he thought he was going to get a mouthful over his performance.

Anyhow I asked if it was really him and he said it was and that he was sorry for playing so badly! I replied that 'yes, you missed a sitter Martin' and we talked about Rovers for a few minutes. I remember saying 'oh you'll do better Martin' but he didn't really did he? Then the blokes in the Kebab shop twigged who he was and he got a free Kebab and I blagged some chips too. I got him to sign my program then a car turned up for him and he off he went.

This wasnt on the way to a game it was after a home match back in the mid 80's,cant even remember the game,

we headed back to the car which was parked on land that is now Albion leisure,my mate was driving his capri

and as we was getting in i looked on the back seat and there was a live rabbit.how the hell that got there i will

never know.

• 1 year later...

Mid 90's, lived just across the road from the Fernhurst, went in before the match, into the 'vault', packed with Sheff Utd fans, good banter, in walks a shortish guy with a leather jacket, Sheff Utd fans all want his autograph, I ask my mate 'who's that?', Sean Bean! Somewhere in Sheffield are photos of a group of Blades fans with Sean Bean under The Ferhurst dartboard with two strangers in Rovers shirts!

Coming back from villa v Rovers last season on the train,we saw Nick Hancock at Stoke station.Looked like he was picking his daughter up.Nice looking bird too!

Also coming back from Wigan v Rovers this season,we passed through a station called Ince!

Seriously!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ince_railway_station

I knew then the end for Ince was nigh!

We once parked next to Alan Hansen on Aquaduct Road and walked with him to the match.

It was prior to KD arriving, just a few months after JW had begun inputting £s.

A pleasant enough chap who was asking us lots of questions about what was happening at the Rovers at that time.

I've often thought back and pondered whether or not he was sent on a scouting mission by his good friend from Hillside, it was only a few weeks later when King Kenny was appointed and the rest we all know.....

As a keen cyclist(I cycle abroad a lot) I occasionally pedal to the odd away game..En route to Wigan saw a deer jump into the road at Brinscall get hit by a car..It was ok..Met a bemused Robbie Savage last year when pedalling in the South of France..He was surprised to see the Rovers goalkeepers shirt I use as a cycling jersey in a French village

Archived