• Ooijer
    • Warnock
    • Betnley
    • Reid
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Santa Cruz
    • Derbyshire

I wonder if Amdy Faye will be fit for this one? If he does okay and protects the defence well witht the improving Reid we will be much more solidly set up. I have a sneaking suspicion he might turn out to be a moderate success. Dunn can be used as a sub.

Team I would go for if Faye is available:

------------Cruz----Roberts

Pedersen--Reid----Faye------Bentley

-Warnock--Ooijer--Samba---Emerton

-----------------Freidal

Basically sit deep and try to hurt them with Roberts' and Cruz's power and pace. don't let them hit us on the counter. Disrupt their standard game plan. No point inplaying McCarthy as he is useless on the break (one wonder goa against Arsenal aside).

If we go to their place and play attacking football we will be murdered.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope David Dunn plays the full ninety minutes in this game. This is the standard level in which hes got to perform and make a valuable positive contribution to the team.

Barry and Reo Coker are too strong for our Dunny but Barry is struggling with a hip injury (worrying wear and tear) and i saw Reo Coker take a nasty knock at Liverpool last night.

I wonder if Amdy Faye will be fit for this one? If he does okay and protects the defence well witht the improving Reid we will be much more solidly set up. I have a sneaking suspicion he might turn out to be a moderate success. Dunn can be used as a sub.

We have to sign him first!

For this game i would like to see nelsen replaced ooijer in the centre and brett come on at rb.

bert and warnock should be asked to reign in their attacking adventures a little. this might give us a bit more stability.

If tugay is fit i'd like to see him at the bottom of a fluid diamond with dunn on the left and bentley on the right and reid getting all over the place at the top. This might help us get a grip, or atleast crowd out the midfield

with our pacey full backs neutralizing their speedy wingers to a certain degree.

If we battle really hard, led by reid then we might have a good chance.

just an idea

I think we should play Ooijer, instead of Nelsen, whether Nelsen is injured or not. Emerton back to right back, keep Bents on right wing. Id then Play Dunn on left and Reid/ Tugay in middle.

Dont show respect for the opposition, just beat them!

Team I would go for if Faye is available:

------------Cruz----Roberts

Pedersen--Reid----Faye------Bentley

-Warnock--Ooijer--Samba---Emerton

-----------------Freidal

Basically sit deep and try to hurt them with Roberts' and Cruz's power and pace. don't let them hit us on the counter. Disrupt their standard game plan. No point inplaying McCarthy as he is useless on the break (one wonder goa against Arsenal aside).

If we go to their place and play attacking football we will be murdered.

team i would go for if Mooney,Lance Davids,the Bulgarian,Koumas,and Karlsen is available.

.....................................Brad................................

Emerton.............Samba.............Ooijer...............Warnock

Bentley..............Davids.............Koumas..............Karlsen

.........................Cruz................Mooney

:lol:

hi all,

first off Nelson is injured so would stick zurab in there tho from the boro game would make 2 changes would bring back Tugay back into the middle of the park as we need more creativity from the middle of the park drop Dunn and bring back Benni Mac for JR as I think that instead of power and strength we will need to outthink them hopefully if we defend right and man mark we should be ok

laters all.

Judging by some of you it would seem that you are closet Villa fans!

Look Even though we havent played brilliantly recently, Villa are hardly world beaters are they? Honestly some of you are treating this game as if we are playing Chelsea or Man Utd when you just need to chill out. Villa hardly play brilliant football and we all know on our day we can be one of the best teams to watch with some of our beautiful passing and high tempo game. As long as we keep a clean sheet and give a good performance il be happy but this is a game we should be winning if we are serious about europe.

Need to dig in and bring back abit of that ugly approach to our game as we seem to get rolled over quite abit this season.

I was wondering why you said that then remembered you are a Liverpool fan. Figures.

I knew someone would mention this but do You really think Villa deserved anything from the game though? Any fan who knows there Football will agree with me, like Dean Saunders said, Villa didn't come to play. I can't remember any attempts they had at goal to be honest.

I cannot understand everyones lack of confidence. Fair enough Villa are having a good season however they are have 3 more points than us in the league so surely their is not too much of a gap between the two teams.

But we don't have a great record at Villa Park do we?

Our defending from set pieces worries me, we know how good they're at attacking them, I think the best in the league.

I knew someone would mention this but do You really think Villa deserved anything from the game though? Any fan who knows there Football will agree with me, like Dean Saunders said, Villa didn't come to play. I can't remember any attempts they had at goal to be honest.

I thought Villa handled Liverpool very well and after they went 2-1 fluffed two great chances to go 3-1 up on the counter when they got more players forward than Liverpool had brought back. Both Liverpool goals came at times when Villa were containing the Liverpool forward play reasonably comfortably and Liverpool didn't look like scoring. Similarly Villa's goals both came at a time that Villa didn't look like scoring.

The Sky graphic of shots on and off at the end of the first half was low for both sides and actually shaded by Villa.

Anyway, Saturday is going to be a tough old game for the Rovers.

You feeling comfortable playing Havant and Waterlooville?

Archived