• Ooijer
    • Warnock
    • Betnley
    • Reid
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Santa Cruz
    • Derbyshire

Judging by some of you it would seem that you are closet Villa fans!

Just realistic about our chances.

Honestly some of you are treating this game as if we are playing Chelsea or Man Utd when you just need to chill out. Villa hardly play brilliant football and we all know on our day we can be one of the best teams to watch with some of our beautiful passing and high tempo game. As long as we keep a clean sheet and give a good performance il be happy but this is a game we should be winning if we are serious about europe.

We're very vulnerable to pace - and Villa have pace coming out of their Brummie ears. We've struggled against them for years and I don't see this changing as we're struggling against everyone right now.

Need to dig in and bring back abit of that ugly approach to our game as we seem to get rolled over quite abit this season.

Agree 100%. It worked for us when MH started (and remember we're so much better now than we were then) and it's the way out of this mess.

Come on the bully boys!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree 100%. It worked for us when MH started (and remember we're so much better now than we were then) and it's the way out of this mess.

Come on the bully boys!

Why do we need to resort to that?

We are unbeaten in five in the league.

Carry on as we have been, play crap, take the points.

Oh come on that's so cliché! Let's face it, we were lucky, VERY lucky in fact, not to get beat of Boro at the weekend. If we continue playing as we have been (or haven't been) recently then we're not exactly going to win games against strong opposition. We've played games and got lucky against weaker teams as of late - Derby, Boro, Sunderland come to mind - and if we'd played against teams stronger than that then we would've surely been beaten.

Can I remind you that it's VILLA AWAY this weekend and not Boro or Sunderland at home? If we want anything out of this match then we need to create our own luck, which I really hope we can do.

Pretty much what I'd have said myself, Tombro, only you've worded it better.

Villa are a better team, in better form, at home.

And people are wondering why others aren't confident.

From their last 5 home matches Villa have taken 7 points

From their last 5 away matches Rovers have taken 8 points

We'll not win though.

Disagree with you Tombro.

Rovers have always done poor, against poor sides (Dont know why!? Maybe a lack of motivation, too much belief that it will be easy?!) - The difference this season is that even though we are playing poorly against them, we still seem to be picking up points against them! Boro, Bolton, Derby, Sunderland (x2) to name a few.

Against the better teams, we rarely lack the motivation and thats why it isnt all doom and gloom. We are afterall a few pts off 4th, maybe people should start to realise that is some achievement for a TOWN team.

Just for the record:

Villa have played 12 games at home.with 7 wins,1 draw and 4 defeats equalling 22 points gained at home.

Rovers have played 11 games away from home,with 5 wins,4 draws and 2 defeats equalling 19 points gained away from home.

There isn`t much difference between them and i definitely think this game is winnable.

I am going for 2-0 to the Rovers. :rover:

I predict that the defence will be steadier now that Nelsen's not playing through injury. It's still a tough game - we'll need Brett at right back because of the pace of Villa's attack, and they're very dangerous from set pieces.

For me, midfield is where this game will be won or lost, and I'm not sure that our midfield is strong enough. Optimistically, I'm going for a 2-1 win, though. Laursen with Villas and Benni and Santa for us

I have the feeling especially now Nelsen is out ... i've got the rumble in the belly

We are going to win not sure of score but we will win :tu:

I have a funny feeling that Pedersen will also score (if eh plays) ..maybe the winner

Young and Agbonlahor scare the living sh*t out of me and i think defence is gonna have to be top notch in this one. Villa I think are next level compared to us and we will do well to get a draw. Mac has to start as Roberts was shocking in control in the last game, ball just bounced off his feet,

Hope we can nick a win tho, that will keep us in the mix for Europe.

Realistic - 1-1 Carew and Bents

Come on You Blues

Lawro doesn't even know we are playing as we are not in his predictions!

Seriously, scheduling a Prem game against the FA Cup at 4th round stage must seriously upset the Beeb. Many organisations internationally either have no UK football on when the FA Cup is on or buy it round by round. Now they can carry Villa v Rovers as part of their Premiership package.

I got to £10 tickets and now I need another two tickets.

Presumably there's a good chance of getting two at Villa? Anyone know? The official site only says any remaining will be available on the day at the TO near the away turnstiles.

Or if anyone has a couple of spares send me a PM. :)

Young and Agbonlahor scare the living sh*t out of me and i think defence is gonna have to be top notch in this one. Villa I think are next level compared to us and we will do well to get a draw. Mac has to start as Roberts was shocking in control in the last game, ball just bounced off his feet,

Hope we can nick a win tho, that will keep us in the mix for Europe.

Realistic - 1-1 Carew and Bents

Come on You Blues

agree

agbonlahore is one of the ugliest young lads around, check out the size of his nose :rolleyes:

Been banned from away games for the time being due to my dreadful recent record...Wigan away, Arsenal away last season....

Have to say got a sneaking feeling we might nick 3 points despite recent performances, fancy 2-0 Rovers with goals from Big Chris and RSC. Didn't rate Villa much at Liverpool earlier this week.

I got to £10 tickets and now I need another two tickets.

Presumably there's a good chance of getting two at Villa? Anyone know? The official site only says any remaining will be available on the day at the TO near the away turnstiles.

Or if anyone has a couple of spares send me a PM. :)

There will be no problem getting them at Villa but unfortunately they will be £30.00 :unsure:

As you say they will be available near the away turnstiles.

Archived