• Reid
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Santa Cruz
    • Derbyshire

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not happy with Derbyshire starting. He's much more effective coming on as an impact player in the second half and I would have thought that Roberts had done enough to warrant another start today.

Having said that Derbs will probably score a hat trick now.

or "do a benni" and miss a penalty!!

Cruz wasn't it?

No.

Would prefer to have Bentley or MGP taking it. Being good set piece takers you'd think they would have the composure for it anyway. But I don't see them practicing penalties in training so I really don't know what I'm talking about tbf.

hi all,

first off Nelson is injured so would stick zurab in there tho from the boro game would make 2 changes would bring back Tugay back into the middle of the park as we need more creativity from the middle of the park drop Dunn and bring back Benni Mac for JR as I think that instead of power and strength we will need to outthink them hopefully if we defend right and man mark we should be ok

laters all.

Are you going to compensate my wife if I expire through reading your posts? I am in my 70's and not in good health these days, and the state that reading your posts leaves me in is not good. First I am blue in the face from lack of breath, and also my blood pressure hits new heights from the frustration. :rolleyes:;)

Just joking! But seriously, please try and use punctuation and sentences/paragraphs. We know you can, as you proved yesterday.

Are you going to compensate my wife if I expire through reading your posts? I am in my 70's and not in good health these days, and the state that reading your posts leaves me in is not good. First I am blue in the face from lack of breath, and also my blood pressure hits new heights from the frustration. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Why did Derbs take the penalty? :unsure:

No.

Would prefer to have Bentley or MGP taking it. Being good set piece takers you'd think they would have the composure for it anyway. But I don't see them practicing penalties in training so I really don't know what I'm talking about tbf.

I'd have given it to Dunn myself. He used to take them.

Much better defensively than of late. Only one moment of panic when Brad should have cut out and inswinger.

I thought the penalty, while not great, wasn't that bad - good save by Carson - and Derbs did win the throw-in that he then took quickly to create the penalty situation.

Only problem I can see is that, yet again, we are playing with 10 men.

We looked the better team in the first half.

We had the better chances.

Let's hope we produce the usual, a far better second half.

I wouldn't go that far, we were hanging on for large periods, clearing it upfield straight to a Villa player. Villa continue to look deadly from set pieces, and the Carew/Agbonlahor long ball is always an outlet for them. They haven't looked to craft anything yet though, it's all direct stuff.

That said, we've looked relatively solid at the back (especially without Nelsen back there), and the midfield has been combative. We've crafted out a few chances, but the penalty aside we've not really looked like scoring. A draw is a fair score at this point. Hopefully that's the score at the end.

Much better defensively than of late. Only one moment of panic when Brad should have cut out and inswinger.

I thought the penalty, while not great, wasn't that bad - good save by Carson - and Derbs did win the throw-in that he then took quickly to create the penalty situation.

Only problem I can see is that, yet again, we are playing with 10 men.

If you're talking about Pedersen, he's doing his job defensively today. By the looks of things he's not being asked to create much - Dunn, Bentley, Santa Cruz and Derbyshire are our attacking options. Still, I'd have liked him to get on the end of that Bentley cross....but he's hugely out of form.

Archived