BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

nicko

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear Chelsea's priorities are Aguero and Schweinsteiger for the right-side role.

Aguero will cost a fortune and that might be too hard. I don't know Schweinsteiger's price. So it's going to be a wait for them to come round to Bentley in my opinion.

From what I hear Liverpool prefer Valencia because he is quicker. But he may go to Man U instead - and, no, I don't know why they like him so much.

On a different note Steve Coppell will leave Reading...probably tomorrow.

Thanks nico for that last few posts.

Just out of interest, there was a piece in the Guarniad bloggy bit about the six greatest unsung goals.

The posts which follow the initial limpish list include a huge number of absolute wows including those two extraordinary freekick goals scored by that chap at Karlsrhur. However, what really struck me was how Serie A in the '90s was the league of all talents- if you don't believe me look at Ricoba's Inter debut and don't just marval at the names who mob Ricoba after his two left foot thunderbolts but see some of the names on the Brescia shirts trudging past the camera. And so many of those fabulous goals many of us saw going in live thanks to Channel 4's coverage of Football Italia- surely the finest TV football programme ever to grace British TV screens. (Incidentally, Ricoba's best was struck away at Venice's quaint little ground where the fans arrive by water bus!).

Back to this summer's signings and why oh why isn't the Prem going to hoover up all the available talent bar the signings at Italy's big 4, Real, Barca and Bayern? It is about time that the Prem's lesser brethren use their economic muscle instead of buying rover6-type signings.

And why oh why isn't somebody from the Prem grabbing Quaresma?

I hear Chelsea's priorities are Aguero and Schweinsteiger for the right-side role.

Aguero will cost a fortune and that might be too hard. I don't know Schweinsteiger's price. So it's going to be a wait for them to come round to Bentley in my opinion.

From what I hear Liverpool prefer Valencia because he is quicker. But he may go to Man U instead - and, no, I don't know why they like him so much.

Nooo! not another good player, thats enjoyable to watch being turned to boring poo by Chelsea!

Any markets for it Nicko?

Not that I know of - there is a 'managerial change' market on Betfair but it shuts at midnight and I think he will be around until breakfast at least. It is Coppell's choice. I like him too but he does have a couple of question marks on his CV.

Mind you, Sven might go tonight if the Thai actually has any money to pay him off with.

According to SSN Sven wants this resolved quickly, they did report that Sinatra wanted Sven to fly to Thailand to meet with Sinatra, seems a long way to go to be told your fired.

These people lack class. They actually asked Sven about a possible signing target last week...for the NEXT manager. That is a true story.

Sven may not be the best but he has handled himself well here. And I do feel sorry for Man City fans who deserve much better.

The only problem with those players is that they are not english. With Fifa recently saying they want to restrict the number of non-english players in a squad etc. Bentley would be an asset for a so called bigger club. Therefore Rovers should put the price for Bentley even higher than 15 mill.

The only problem with those players is that they are not english. With Fifa recently saying they want to restrict the number of non-english players in a squad etc. Bentley would be an asset for a so called bigger club. Therefore Rovers should put the price for Bentley even higher than 15 mill.

I don't think those rules will ever come in...too many of the big clubs would refuse to accept it. To be fair, it is unworkable. Even Rovers have 'foreigners' all the way through the squad.

A generation ago it was Scots and Irish - even Welsh. So the boundaries have just stretched.

It may feel like it's gone too far, but there is no going back. Foreign signings are here to stay.

Frankly if you saw youth and reserve team football you would know that there is simply not enough good talent to play at the top. Sad but true.

I don't think those rules will ever come in...too many of the big clubs would refuse to accept it. To be fair, it is unworkable. Even Rovers have 'foreigners' all the way through the squad.

A generation ago it was Scots and Irish - even Welsh. So the boundaries have just stretched.

It may feel like it's gone too far, but there is no going back. Foreign signings are here to stay.

Frankly if you saw youth and reserve team football you would know that there is simply not enough good talent to play at the top. Sad but true.

Could not Fifa impose it? - if Fifa did try, what could the big clubs do about it? You only have to look at the silly rules imposed on the game now by Fifa - off side etc

The European Parliament has completely slammed the door on Septic Blast's noddy foreigners-limit idea since that Independent article was published.

The EPL will be at an even bigger disadvantage in bringing in the world's brightest and best young talent since the Government's immigration rules tightened even further for this summer's transfer window.

Nicko, can you see any truth in the Milner to Liverpool move thats been in a few papers? If true i wonder if Rafa thinks Bentley would be too pricey for him and has instead decided to go for Milner?

Not heard that one - I know Aston Villa are daft about him though.

Archived