BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

nicko

To be fair it wouldn't be the first year we've cried poverty and then suddenly found the money when we've needed it. It happened quite often in the latter part of the Souness era. I'm sure it also happened around about the time we got Bellamy.

It hasn't happened since Souness left, the Bellamy fee was merely part of the money received for selling Ferguson.

As regards the potential identity of any incomers didn't nicko say "squad" players available within the existing budget? So I'm not holding my breath.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh goody, that's better I'd hate to get outdone by your mate Owen Coyles and his McDingles :D

You will see some very interesting arrivals at the McDingles in the next few days. Quite amazed they have pulled one of these ones off. The other is a goodie too and will provoke some comment on here.

And there are three or four more to follow.

Do you reckon they'll make the difference in getting them promoted Nicko? I was actually a little suprised that they sold Gray when they where bringing in all these players.

I know I'll probably get more abuse than our possible new owners have been getting, but I'd actually like to see them in the Premier League...for one year anyhow :lol: I'd be over at Ewood in a shot for that game and I'd imagine we may even sell a few extra tickets as well B)

It hasn't happened since Souness left, the Bellamy fee was merely part of the money received for selling Ferguson.

That may well be where the money came from but the club, probably via the LET, were letting off signals that we only had 3-4 million to spend just a fortnight before Bellamy signed on for £5mill.

Do you reckon they'll make the difference in getting them promoted Nicko? I was actually a little suprised that they sold Gray when they where bringing in all these players.

I know I'll probably get more abuse than our possible new owners have been getting, but I'd actually like to see them in the Premier League...for one year anyhow :lol: I'd be over at Ewood in a shot for that game and I'd imagine we may even sell a few extra tickets as well B)

I said before that the left winger they are close to signing may just be the dogs b******s. It's some business if it all goes through.

The striker about to arrive is also shrewd business, especially after Celtic wanted too much for Riordan and Ipswich fannied around with Lee. And his arrival would not stop a second striker coming.

There are still moves pending for a midfielder too, but those options can happen after the window shuts on 'emregency loans' if needs be.

Gray was good business, but it's only good business if you replace one player with a better one. In this case there could be four for the price of one.

Roy Carroll to Derby? EVENTUALLY

Scharner to Fulham? EVENTUALLY

Alfonso to Middlesbrough? SHORTLY

Tiago and Woodgate to Tottenham? NO AND MAYBE

Baros to Portsmouth? LOOKS LIKE

and god knows to Blackburn? GIVE IT TIME

That sum up the day? NO

Prat.

Nicko, any clues for the dogs B***ocks?

You will see some very interesting arrivals at the McDingles in the next few days. Quite amazed they have pulled one of these ones off. The other is a goodie too and will provoke some comment on here.

And there are three or four more to follow.

nicko, in your view are the dingles potential acquisitions of such a calibre it could be seriously embarrassing come January 31st?.

i.e. more expensive/higher profile/better calibre than our targets? :unsure:

nicko, in your view are the dingles potential acquisitions of such a calibre it could be seriously embarrassing come January 31st?.

i.e. more expensive/higher profile/better calibre than our targets? :unsure:

It's wrong to make comparisons.

What I would say is that the potential arrivals would make them much stronger for the run-in. They are only four points off the top six. I don't think any promotion rival is about to sign better players.

The left winger could possibly play for you. If he is as good as the 'brochure' then he is definitely Premier League.

The rest are very decent players for the Championship.

It's wrong to make comparisons.

What I would say is that the potential arrivals would make them much stronger for the run-in. They are only four points off the top six. I don't think any promotion rival is about to sign better players.

The left winger could possibly play for you. If he is as good as the 'brochure' then he is definitely Premier League.

The rest are very decent players for the Championship.

Cheers.

Alan

me thinks that you have caught a touch of dinglitis, its a disease commonly found in deepest east lancashire. You have probably spent a little too much time over there in recent months but be grateful it will fade away in the next few weeks. Normally the disease fades away in early October as it is then that most dingles go inter hibernation including the dreaded footbal team.

the dingles are not coming up and will struggle to cope with the pressure of getting into the play offs. Comparing them to Palace, Bristol City, Ipswich, Wolves, Charlton, Stoke, Plymouth and even Hull and Southampton little old bumley come a very poor secon.

Thats a seasoned view :brfcsmilie:

Palace...won't last, relying on some good kids.

Bristol City...won't last, early-season bubble will burst.

Ipswich...a danger because of the money they are supposed to have - not spent it yet.

Wolves...big disappointment, fans turning on big Mick.

Charlton...manager in love with himself, Gray is not the answer.

Stoke...you can only take throw-ins for so long and then class tells.

Plymouth...behave, losing best players and replacing them with cheap signings.

Be afraird, be very afraid.

;)

Give over Nicko. They once thought Gazza was the man to shoot them to the promised land. In the end he did more harm than good.

Burnely .... won't get there because they're not good enough.

That was then, this is now.

Mind you, Burnley would have made the play-offs that season but for a last-kick free-kick being saved on the line.

So maybe the 'gap' isn't that wide.

Nicko, Hughes said recently that there maybe activity on the last day of the window, does that mean we'll have to wait till then?

I think he is - quite rightly - expecting some deals to go to the wire. There could also be some surprise players moving on loan on the last day who are currently for sale.

Chances are we will have a repeat of the final day excitement of last August. And this time you may be part of the fun.

Archived