BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

nicko

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicko really knows how to get people excited, by the way these loans, are they in or out.

No, I'm just saying that there could be some late ones this window.

Hopefully you will have the people you want wrapped up before then.

But the manager is right - there could be some players finding new homes at the very last hour.

I have a funny feeling Koumas, for instance, will still be up for grabs...let's see if that hunch is right.

As long as we bring in a few midfield players by the end of the window I for one will be happy. Not sure how much more of Mokoena I can take......

Not looked back at various threads beyond a few days so sorry for asking this if already answered, but have we accepted his transfer request?!!!

That was then, this is now.

Mind you, Burnley would have made the play-offs that season but for a last-kick free-kick being saved on the line.

So maybe the 'gap' isn't that wide.

I think your wager on the dingles to go up is getting you a wee bit excited.

Jocks and there football :lol: :lol:

Palace...won't last, relying on some good kids.

Bristol City...won't last, early-season bubble will burst.

Ipswich...a danger because of the money they are supposed to have - not spent it yet.

Wolves...big disappointment, fans turning on big Mick.

Charlton...manager in love with himself, Gray is not the answer.

Stoke...you can only take throw-ins for so long and then class tells.

Plymouth...behave, losing best players and replacing them with cheap signings.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

;)

Just wondering... from your own personal view; If you were going to predict what you think will be the top 6 in the Championship at the end of the season.. what whould it look like?

As I agree with a few of those comments... although all can't be negative as 6 have to finish there.

If I was going to take a stab at it I'd guess;

1.West Brom

2.Watford

3.Ipswich

4.Stoke

5.Charlton

6.(A very close race between; Hull, Burnley, Crystal Palace & maybe even QPR as a dark outsider).

Just wondering... from your own personal view; If you were going to predict what you think will be the top 6 in the Championship at the end of the season.. what whould it look like?

As I agree with a few of those comments... although all can't be negative as 6 have to finish there.

1.West Brom

2.Watford

3.Ipswich

4.Stoke

5.Charlton

6.(A very close race between; Hull, Burnley, Crystal Palace & maybe even QPR as a dark outsider).

I think stoke will go up , they have just spent 4 million on players with the premise to spend even more .

long

Ok, sorry.

Basically there's some asian guys who used to work at WalkerSteel who have since left and made hundreds of millions. They've discreetly asked about buying the club but it's been leaked to the Sun. Their first few targets are Sidwell, Defoe, Kaka and a Bulgarian Sprinter. However < edited due to underestimating the acumen of board members, which I really shouldn't do but I've been drinking!>

Ok, sorry.

Basically there's some asian guys who used to work at WalkerSteel who have since left and made hundreds of millions. They've discreetly asked about buying the club but it's been leaked to the Sun. Their first few targets are Sidwell, Defoe, Kaka and a Bulgarian Sprinter. However one of them once refused to eat a McDonalds so Abs and a couple of others aren't very keen on them taking us over.

gnarly! lol cheers mate

I think he is including part 1. :)

I know B)

Ok, sorry.

Basically there's some asian guys who used to work at WalkerSteel who have since left and made hundreds of millions. They've discreetly asked about buying the club but it's been leaked to the Sun. Their first few targets are Sidwell, Defoe, Kaka and a Bulgarian Sprinter. However one of them once refused to eat a McDonalds so Abs and a couple of others aren't very keen on them taking us over.

I smell a Sun backpage exclusive coming up! :lol:

I hope we dont care about what some people eat at McDonalds, compare to the owner of Chelsea, Man C,,, who have earned their money in an quite illegal way. IF they have their background from Walkersteel, got enough money, care enough about the club, what more can you ask for?

I hope we dont care about what some people eat at McDonalds, compare to the owner of Chelsea, Man C,,, who have earned their money in an quite illegal way. IF they have their background from Walkersteel, got enough money, care enough about the club, what more can you ask for?

Whoosh......................

I hate to be the one to break it to you but he was being sarcastic.

:blink::blink:

Sorry Mods.

Nicko, do you know how much money the potential asian takeovers got ?

I don't know, but I think they may have a few bob.

The only thing that worries me is they have been trying to do this for about three months.

Why the delay?

I have to say - and I hope I am wrong - that this may come to nothing. It would be good to see someone come in with cash.

1.West Brom

2.Watford

3.Ipswich

4.Stoke

5.Charlton

I don't think there is a side in there. That's why promotion can be bought or signed this season.

Any club that brings in four or five good players from now on in can leave their rivals for dead.

I don't want to hyperventilate, but I think your old chums may do rather well in that department.

I don't think there is a side in there. That's why promotion can be bought or signed this season.

Any club that brings in four or five good players from now on in can leave their rivals for dead.

I don't want to hyperventilate, but I think your old chums may do rather well in that department.

There are one or two of us that are relishing the prospect of renewing our acquaintance with our old rivals. ;)

Archived