BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

nicko

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Give over Nicko. They once thought Gazza was the man to shoot them to the promised land. In the end he did more harm than good.

Burnley .... won't get there because they're not good enough.

I actually think they will, they just need to string a few results together. All the top sides in the Fizzy Pop seem very inconsistant. Dingles are close if they can just maintain some steady decent form they will be thereabouts.

Personally I'd love for Nicko not to collect on his bet, nothing personal with Nicko you understand.

Just wondering... from your own personal view; If you were going to predict what you think will be the top 6 in the Championship at the end of the season.. what whould it look like?

As I agree with a few of those comments... although all can't be negative as 6 have to finish there.

If I was going to take a stab at it I'd guess;

1.West Brom

2.Watford

3.Ipswich

4.Stoke

5.Charlton

6.(A very close race between; Hull, Burnley, Crystal Palace & maybe even QPR as a dark outsider).

To me it's too hard to call, I think there will be quite a few twists and turns yet. Cardiff have been quietly sneaking up the table with no one really paying attention and there always seems to be one late comer every year. Southampton could come into the mix if they make the right appointment, it's all quite tight as many as 13-14 teams could realistically be involved if any of them can string together a few wins in a row.

So, Nicko, any news on the Eastern European trialist?

I am going to name him in the paper tomorrow. I don't know if he came in on Friday or whether he arrives on Monday.

It's a work permit job, so they would have to decide fast.

Still no progress on Koumas and Faye has been whisked back to Rangers, so the new name I've got may have a chance of filling a vacancy.

I am told that he is good, he's been to another club who thought he was excellent but lost him when Rovers took an interest.

Also naming the first two Burnley arrivals. Good stories.

Personally I think it's a lot more fun to have your rivals in the same division. I mean a rivalry is no fun if you hardly ever play eachother is it? I'd obviously want them to play awful football and finish 17th every season on goal difference and us to beat them 6-0 every time, but still much rather have them in the Prem than elsewhere.

and any news on the bulgarian kid, and the takeover?

cheers

The Bulgarian move won't be happening as it stands. The fact that there was a quick inquiry for Walcott means they still want pace up front - so, you never know, they might revive the Bulgarian interest...but I doubt it.

The Asian interest has been there for three or four months. You can't say how close it is until genuine money is on the table. However I know they are optimistic...but then again they were optimistic three of four months ago. Maybe they are just optimists...

I am going to name him in the paper tomorrow. I don't know if he came in on Friday or whether he arrives on Monday.

It's a work permit job, so they would have to decide fast.

Still no progress on Koumas and Faye has been whisked back to Rangers, so the new name I've got may have a chance of filling a vacancy.

I am told that he is good, he's been to another club who thought he was excellent but lost him when Rovers took an interest.

Midfield?

The foreign lad I'm talking about is a talented, right-sided midfielder. He is known as the Steven Gerrard of his country. No more clues, but good judges say he is a player.

If he measures up it would certainly be the type of young and mobile player who could do a job.

Fingers crossed.

right sided midfielder??

then i think sparky must be planning to use bentley in the center which i think he does extremely well when he is put there.

Hm, I prefer Bentley as a right winger..

I did a quick "(Insert Eastern European nationality here) Steven Gerrard" search on Google, and the only player that came up in the search results was Mirel Radoi ("Romanian Steven Gerrard").

Bentley is definately better on the right. hes one of the best crossers of yhe ball your likely to see.

Cant seem to think of who this winger could be. He sounds very similar to that demble (sp?).

Still sure that joe garner will be the Burnley signing.

Looked impressive this season for carlisle and would be relatively cheap!

Can the trialist play in the middle as well? I think Bentley is much better wide on the right.

It would be realistic to say they want competition for the current midfielders, ir might be asking a lot for a new lad to go straight into the side. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Archived