BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Gave in (wife made me) and went to the Clogg for the first time since its been renovated, must admit I like the new layout, much better than before.

The food was good, although they didn’t have any partridge which was the main reason for going, but that can happen anywhere.

Just a note about the service, still poor even in a deserted restaurant, didn’t get offered the chance to buy a second drink, had to go to the bar, and our plates never got cleared away after we’d finished, we walked up and paid the bill.

This maybe being a bit picky, but you expect a certain standard of service and we didn’t get it, which is a surprise because the lad at front of house is very good and things have improved since he came back I’m assured by friends that have been recently.

Oh well

I do that at every opportunity these days Gav. It means that I can leave when I'm ready and not when other diners are being served AND more importantly that I am present whilst my card is being swiped.

Wife and I tried Maida the other day. We thought it was ok. Far far better than Shila qula (sp)

I thought the chefs had been arrested there!

I do that at every opportunity these days Gav. It means that I can leave when I'm ready and not when other diners are being served AND more importantly that I am present whilst my card is being swiped.

Wow, have you had some bad experiences?

Has anyone been to Marco Pierre White in Liverpool please?

My team at work have persuaded me to take them out and chose it for me on the back of a promise I made a few months back......what a mug !!

I've been a couple of times and it's fantastic. Great steaks (as it is a steakhouse) and a good selection of wines. Really nice ambience, love it there. Depending on how many is in your team, you may be sat in one of the booths or up on the mezzanine floor if its a large number.

My team at work have persuaded me to take them out and chose it for me on the back of a promise I made a few months back......what a mug !!

They have a 50% off offer in January

• Backroom

Let me know how you find it, looking for a nice place in Liverpool for an anniversary meal in March

• 2 weeks later...

The con of the 50% offer

forgot the veg with the main course

cooked both steaks incorrectly

waitress not familiar with items on the menu

Starters not good enough for an MPW restaurant

and 10% automatic service charge even though they cocked up on several counts

Bill of £70 for 2, for 2 starters and two mains, orange juice and wine, not good value in any way shape or form

For those of you who like Alberts shed, their new one in Salford is due to open on next Friday. It's on the East Lancs between Swinton and Worsley. If you sit on the balcony you get a lovely view of the petrol station next door!

The con of the 50% offer

forgot the veg with the main course

cooked both steaks incorrectly

waitress not familiar with items on the menu

Starters not good enough for an MPW restaurant

and 10% automatic service charge even though they cocked up on several counts

Bill of £70 for 2, for 2 starters and two mains, orange juice and wine, not good value in any way shape or form

Bloomin heck that does sound very poor

Bloomin heck that does sound very poor

Yes, I don't normally speak out publicly about establishments for professional reasons but MPW should get a grip, I have heard that the one in Newcastle is excellent

just checked on trip advisor to see if I was being picky

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186337-d2183580-Reviews-Marco_Pierre_White_Steakhouse_Bar_Grill_Liverpool-Liverpool_Merseyside_England.html#REVIEWS

Edited by yoda

is nobody eating out at the moment? Or trying anywhere new? I keep looking for a good recommendation so that we can try somewhere new but haven't seen one for ages. See the Feildens have got their early bird offer back.

Have you tried Ye Horns Inn, Goosnargh (more upmarket) or the Royal Arms, Tockholes (more down to earth)?

Thinking of trying Jamie's Italian soon, not expecting much but they do some decent offers it seems

Been a few times myself, its pretty good fare and not as expensive as you'd expect for somewhere with his name attached. The building is wonderful also, used to be a bank and they've kept many original features, superb.

We've eaten out a few times recently and discovered possibly the best pub food we can ever remember having, here:

http://www.thecartfordinn.co.uk/

Its a bit off the beaten track but if you get over give it a go, simply fantastic.

The menu had very much a French influence going on with French onion soup , Cassoulet , Bouillabaisse and A plateau de fruits de mer (24hrs notice required), all at gastro pub prices. These alongside ox-tail suet pudding, green beans and mash, very interesting menu.

Beautiful setting next to the River Wyre and the bill was just over £50 with drinks for 2.

If you get the chance give it a go, I’m sure you’ll not be disappointed, but I’d book at weekends.

We also ate at Chez Lahou, Walkley in Sheffield, never had as much food in my life and the quality was exceptional.

Sat reading the menu and owner comes out with a plate of chicken wings and garlic bread, for free, its all part of the experience.......no starters required.

For mains I had fillet steak Wellington and Debs had a saddle of lamb, well it was more like half a lamb and half a cow, never seen some much meat on 2 plates in my life and the quality was very very good. 2 bottles of wine and all that meat, £24 each!!

When we play at Hillsborough later in the year get booked in, its 10 minutes in the car from the ground, we'll probably see you there.

Edited by GAV

is nobody eating out at the moment? Or trying anywhere new? I keep looking for a good recommendation so that we can try somewhere new but haven't seen one for ages. See the Feildens have got their early bird offer back.

Somebody must be. Everybody I speak to who has been to the Millstones at Mellor keeps telling me that it's packed out.

btw Don't know if it's been mentioned but the tenants from the Myerscough are moving and opening up in their own right at the Spread Eagle at the top of Saccary Lane.

Edited by thenodrog

btw Don't know if it's been mentioned but the tenants from the Myerscough are moving and opening up in their own right at the Spread Eagle at the top of Saccary Lane.

Heard about this from someone who works there.

Hope they know what they are doing. It's not a great location and has changed owners many times. They'll be relying on their reputation to make it work.

Heard about this from someone who works there.

Hope they know what they are doing. It's not a great location and has changed owners many times. They'll be relying on their reputation to make it work.

It's a brilliant location Stuart! Big place, great setting massive car park etc. The only problem is the fact that it has been in a number of less than competent hands for years. If the owners have a good reputation (which I believe they have) I expect lots of their old regulars will follow them.