BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

GAV, vintageadidas........

Just been t'Cartford.

Top drawer.

Had the Venison stew special which was flawless (although slightly meagre at £13-odd). Also had a fancy Bread-and-Butter pudding which was quite honestly the finest desert I've ever had. :blush:

Fairly local to me living in Garstang, would certainly reccomend.

Regards

Pete

Not many Yarkshire puddings on here i know but i tried the excellent 'Theo's' in Hebden bridge at the weekend and it was excellent! I had the Lamb Kleftidos which was the finest bit of lamb i've had in a long while.Unfortunately there is no website for them or a Facebook page but i really do recommend them.For a starter and a main course it's not overly cheap at about £18 per head but i'll guarantee you won't come out hungry! Well worth a visit! :tu:

I also went to the 'Rose 'n' bowl' in Stacksteads for a carvery meal and the carvery there is second to none.Homemade Yorkshire puddings and a choice of 4 meats (as much as you want!) and the excellent homemade gravy really makes this place stand out.Anybody into a nice Sunday roast will not find a better one than this in Lancashire.

Edited by bacup blue

• Moderation Lead

I went to the Strawbury Duck at Turton (though the train station adjacent is called Entwistle!)- superb again. It always takes me an age to decide what to have, as there are so many things I fancy on that menu!

I do need to have a do at this Oyster and Otter by the sounds of things. I was meaning to go the other week, but I stuck with the tried and tested Waddington Arms!

I went to the Strawbury Duck at Turton (though the train station adjacent is called Entwistle!)- superb again. It always takes me an age to decide what to have, as there are so many things I fancy on that menu!

I do need to have a do at this Oyster and Otter by the sounds of things. I was meaning to go the other week, but I stuck with the tried and tested Waddington Arms!

O&O is very good and from Bash you might be just as close going to the Assheton Arms at Downham. Personally I love the O&O but for quality and sheer good value I can't better the 'Market Menu' at the Butlers Arms at the moment. Two courses for £9.99 produced by an ex Ribble Valley Inns Chef is the stand out deal of the moment around these parts. Edited by thenodrog

Seafood Pub Company (i.e. owners of O&O and Assheton Arms) have bought the Derby Arms at Thornley (just outside Longridge), so there will be another choice soon.

Actually, not too sure about "soon" - I've heard it needs a complete new roof, so might be a while.

They also have the Fenwick Arms at Claughton near Lancaster and now the Farmers Arms in Great Eccleston.

Do they sell cask ales?

Not a fan of Thwaites Bitter particularly but Wainwrights is cask and seems universally popular.

Only problem round these parts is that it's universally available too.

I quite like most Thwaites ale but always feel a bit disappointed when I walk into a pub and it's the only ale on, as I like a bit of variety.

When you're out for a good meal, though, it matters less

Has anyone been to Alma De Cuba in Liverpool? Looks like a decent place thinking of trying it in march

Three times, normally taking USA work visitors.

Great setting, 4/10 for food which is generally poor and overpriced. Try the Monroe about 100 yards down the road which is far far better.

Richmond Tearooms on Richmond Street, Manchester are a lot of fun. Eccentric would be the word. Richmond Street runs parallel with Canal Street.

Love it. My wife and I go there. Did you clock the camp male waiter in tight shorts?

Love it. My wife and I go there. Did you clock the camp male waiter in tight shorts?

No but there were a couple of very camp male waiters. Excellent tea and I had delicious Welsh Rarebit followed by chocolate brandy cake. Hmmmmmmmm......

'Kickass Cheddar'  Love it.  I have some in the larder right now.  Must say it's quite rewarding to see you took my advice Paul. :tu:

Sorry Gordon but I was completely unaware of it until Saturday. I'd included a stop at one of my favourite cafe / farm shops during my cycle ride and they stocked Procter's cheeses.