BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Try the Alma inn Laneshawbridge Colne, expensive but exceptional food!

Among regular visitors, Bernie Calvert (Hollies) Michael Phelan (Man U asst Manager) Richard Chaplow, Mckenna ex PNE

great atmosphere and the Bar Manager is a Rovers ST Holder :D

really good food, highly recommended!!

Oh and the beers good, nice clean pumps!

Try the Alma inn Laneshawbridge Colne, expensive but exceptional food!

Among regular visitors, Bernie Calvert (Hollies) Michael Phelan (Man U asst Manager) Richard Chaplow, Mckenna ex PNE

great atmosphere and the Bar Manager is a Rovers ST Holder :D

really good food, highly recommended!!

Oh and the beers good, nice clean pumps!

Very good food,hoping to go again on Thursday weather supposed to be nice so we can walk it off after!

Very good food,hoping to go again on Thursday weather supposed to be nice so we can walk it off after!

Top food as always! I really recommend the steak and kidney pudding,all food is freshly cooked hence you have to wait a good 1/2 hour,But it is well worth the wait.

Also for anybody that goes to Alton Towers i recommend The Red Cow in Werrington.They serve pub food in the bar area but also have an a la carte restaurant in the back of the pub/conservatory.Mains desserts and soft drinks for 2 adults and 2 children £54 and worth every penny!

About to try The Wellsprings on Pendle.

Not expecting too much however but will report back.

report please... i can't afford to be dissapointed when i dine out... and woulf like to try it.

p.s. was in the swan in pendleton, beer excellent food looked and smelt good... to busy for a ad hoc meal. But may book in one night and report back.

• Backroom

Wellsprings was ok, not amazing but decent value on the 2 for 1 deal, far better than Chiquito's anyway. My only qualm with mexican food is I always think I can make it just as goos at hime easily.

still nice place and will go again I think.

Can any one reccomend any where nicish to eat in leeds prefebly near Guiseley, has to be ok for a baby?

If you're after a cheapish family-friendly pub, could try the Hare and Hounds (about a mile down the road from Guiseley). It's a Wacky Warehouse type place. Mile or two the other side of Guiseley is China Red, a modern and big Chinese (seats 100+ I'd guess). Good food and child friendly I would think. There's quite a few places in Guiseley itself - Indians, Italians etc.

Cheers, appreciated.

Here we go pal, I've not tried any of them myself but I've been told they're o.k.

The Cow and Calf, Hangingstone Rd, Ilkley. White Cross Hotel, Otley Rd, Guiseley & The Fox in Menson, 129 Bradford Rd, Ilkley.

To be fair, if you head over Ilkley way you can't go far wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

I must admit old Nige has a gift for making the cheapest cuts and offals (Wild rabbit / Black Pudding / Saus and mash / mutton pudding, tripe etc) into well respected and much lauded dishes. No wonder matey reckons it's great value is it?

Nowt wrong wi that of course...... as they would say ova thills.

Edited by thenodrog

I must admit old Nige has a gift for making the cheapest cuts and offals (Wild rabbit / Black Pudding / Saus and mash / mutton pudding, tripe etc) into well respected and much lauded dishes. No wonder matey reckons it's great value is it?

Nowt wrong wi that of course...... as they would say ova thills.

That is the key to the greatest cuisine everywhere. It is the foundation of French cullinary brilliance.

That is the key to the greatest cuisine everywhere. It is the foundation of French cullinary brilliance.

Indeed ...... and it is also the foundation of much profit. 'When the front door is open, keep the back door closed' is good advice in business.

Edited by thenodrog

Indeed ...... and it is also the foundation of much profit. 'When the front door is open, keep the back door closed' is good advice in business.

Indeed, but there's possibly the suggestion here that "expensive" equates with "good." The most expensive truffle weighted 1.5kg and sold for £165,000.

I know that's silly, but you get my gist. Great cooking and food can be made from the simplest & cheapest ingredients.

Fresh home-made bread; a slab of real Lancashire cheese; local butter; a few home-grown tomatoes & chives. Luxury.

Back to the topic, sorry I've diverted it.

Indeed, but there's possibly the suggestion here that "expensive" equates with "good." The most expensive truffle weighted 1.5kg and sold for £165,000.

I know that's silly, but you get my gist. Great cooking and food can be made from the simplest & cheapest ingredients.

Fresh home-made bread; a slab of real Lancashire cheese; local butter; a few home-grown tomatoes & chives. Luxury.

Back to the topic, sorry I've diverted it.

No far from it. The 'drog made the point that Nigel Haworth uses a lot of very basic ingredients. The foundation of French cuisine is the south west of the country where poor rough soils forced the peasantry to eat every bit of the animals they killed- from that and judicious use of local herbs, mushrooms and vegetables came the genius of French cuisine. Basically turning unpromising ingredients into the food of the Gods.

We've been going to the Bull for a few years now, on and off. It's got to be on and off because you can't afford those prices on a weekly basis but well worth a visit all the same. I can see why they've taken it over, just a few tweaks here and there and it will be on a par with their other establishments.

By the way, it's hardly in 'deepest Yorkshire' as written by the Guardian fellow - it's barely over the border!