BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

• Backroom

Maybe not the right place for this but I see no other eaterie threads, I popped into KFC in Blackburn today as I fancied one of those new spicy boxmasters, I was disappointed when I found out they weren't doing them and was downright p1ssed off when I found out its because it contains bacon and last week the store went Halal only.

Fair enough have the option for Halal but it doesn't seem fair that I have to miss out :(

Just to rub it in a few hundred yards down the road I see a big advertisment for the new boxmaster

Maybe not the right place for this but I see no other eaterie threads, I popped into KFC in Blackburn today as I fancied one of those new spicy boxmasters, I was disappointed when I found out they weren't doing them and was downright p1ssed off when I found out its because it contains bacon and last week the store went Halal only.

Fair enough have the option for Halal but it doesn't seem fair that I have to miss out :(

KFC hallal ffs! Should be banned. Colonel Saunders will be spinning in his grave.

[Well that's another one croseed off my list. I stopped going to the Subways in Blackburn and it looks like I wont be going to KFC now. Is it the KFC at Salmesbury do you know? I totally disagree with the way the animals are slaughtered for Halal meat - to the point that I have veg curry now if I have to go for a curry.

[Well that's another one croseed off my list. I stopped going to the Subways in Blackburn and it looks like I wont be going to KFC now. Is it the KFC at Salmesbury do you know? I totally disagree with the way the animals are slaughtered for Halal meat - to the point that I have veg curry now if I have to go for a curry.

If you actually gave a ###### about animals you wouldn't have been going to KFC at all, Halal or not.

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/

I get annoyed when people piggyback on the ethics of animal cruelty to moan about Muslims again. Halal meat is a drop in the ocean compared to the mass producing farming methods used elsewhere.

I get annoyed when people piggyback on the ethics of animal cruelty to moan about Muslims again. Halal meat is a drop in the ocean compared to the mass producing farming methods used elsewhere.

Is it?

Well..... One is currently necessary albeit to feed an irresponsibly growing population whilst the other is most definitely unnecessary. It is completely and totally indefensible and is a pathetic reminder of a backward and primitive religious custom, and one which even the most fervent follower of that religion could never logically justify.

Edited by thenodrog
  • Like 1

I don't really want to debate the farming methods/Halal, I'll come off sounding like a preaching soap-boxer and I really don't want to do that.

My only point is that anybody who buys chicken from KFC can't pretend to care about the welfare of the animals involved.

Edited by LeChuck

Is it?

Well..... One is currently necessary albeit to feed an irresponsibly growing population whilst the other is most definitely unnecessary. It is completely and totally indefensible and is a pathetic reminder of a backward and primitive religious custom, and one which even the most fervent follower of that religion could never logically justify.

I assume you refuse to eat kosher, as well?

• Backroom

I don't really want to debate the farming methods/Halal, I'll come off sounding like a preaching soap-boxer and I really don't want to do that.

My only point is that anybody who buys chicken from KFC can't pretend to care about the welfare of the animals involved.

Can I just point out that I was against the fact I couldn't get what I went in for, purely selfish motives

I'll still go

Halal, Kosher or whatever else it must be called. In the end it is food, and while there are many religious people who do care, I would warrant that the majority don't give one about how an animal is killed. It is food.

I'll admit the double standards of only buying free-range food where possible :unsure:

Can I just point out that I was against the fact I couldn't get what I went in for, purely selfish motives

I'll still go

Yeah that's fair enough, I deliberately didn't quote your post earlier because you didn't mention animal cruelty or anything.

Edited by LeChuck

Nope, another racism thread :tu:

Could you explain how you came by that notion? The current diversion is about a religion (not a race) which specifies ritual slaughter involving needless and pointless suffering and forbids modern humane slaughter methods. It is about hallal and kosher slaughter methods not bushmeat! Please give that some thought before commenting so flippantly in future.

• Like 2

Could you explain how you came by that notion? The current diversion is about a religion (not a race) which specifies ritual slaughter involving needless and pointless suffering and forbids modern humane slaughter methods. It is about hallal and kosher slaughter methods not bushmeat! Please give that some thought before commenting so flippantly in future.

It was just a joke in reference to the number of times a thread has mentioned religion on here, that's all. No offence intended Gord. And for the record, I do agree that these religious slaughter methods are quite appauling. It wouldn't stop me eating the meat though.

Anyway, all restaurants in Lancashire are crap according to Michael Winner.

Michael Winner is, and has always been, to me an absolute t**t. He makes my flesh creep. He's like the PC brigade; totally obnoxious yet commands some sort of power. Big 'eaded tit.

How come we cannot get rid of these types of people and stop them from interfering in our lives? :angry2:

• Like 1