BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

2. Halal slaughter is in practice in our country and will always be as long as we have a religiously diversified population and weak law makers.

Corrected for you.

Kamy / morton...... Funny how I answer your two's questions openly and honestly yet when I ask a a couple of very reasonable questions in return you both run for cover. Tell you what I can't edit now so just ignore question 2 and answer Question 1.

Now come on 'tell the truth and shame the devil' the pair of you.

I can assure you that there are far more places in this country that serve non-halal meat than serve halal meat and to ease you anxiety THERE IS NO HALAL REVOLUTION going on. It is all about giving people choice, for example there are two KFC's in the Blackburn area, one serves Halal meat the other doesn't, same goes for Subway.

You obviously have a moral issue with regards to this issue but reading back in this thread it seems that you eat at indian restaurants that sell halal meat, doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

I am not going to get into a debate with you, this is a thread about Restuarants.

Other than that, you clearly have agenda's and you are entitled to them, I have over the years' try to debate rationally with you but to be honest TNR to it is becoming tiresome to read so many threads on here which start on one subject and are diverted to something else.

Kamy... :blink: This is a thread about restaurants and food and every post is about an aspect of such. I object strongly to all sorts of things.... On the grounds of cruelty fois gras is a no no for me, veal too. BUT If anything it was your post that was a diversion from the topic. You talked only of halal meat and never mentioned any restaurants at all. Don't you turn into just another board whistle blower will you?

Edited by thenodrog

Corrected for you.

Kamy / morton...... Funny how I answer your two's questions openly and honestly yet when I ask a a couple of very reasonable questions in return you both run for cover. Tell you what I can't edit now so just ignore question 2 and answer Question 1.

Kamy... :blink: This is a thread about restaurants and food and every post is about an aspect of such. BUT If anything it was your post that was a diversion from the topic. You talked only of halal meat and never mentioned any restaurants at all. Don't you turn into just another board whistle blower will you?

I have answered your questions to the best of my ability. I'm a plumber not a politician therefore as good as I am with central heating and plumbing issues I can not change the world so I live with it.

Corrected for you.

Kamy... :blink: This is a thread about restaurants and food and every post is about an aspect of such. I object strongly to all sorts of things.... On the grounds of cruelty fois gras is a no no for me, veal too. BUT If anything it was your post that was a diversion from the topic. You talked only of halal meat and never mentioned any restaurants at all. Don't you turn into just another board whistle blower will you?

Our opinions differ, I am not likely to change mine and I wouldn't expect you to change yours. :tu:

It would be good to have a full on debate on this topic but I'm afraid this is not the thread to do so. Maybe in the Blues bar after the Everton game??? Then on to the Khyber for a kheema special? :P

I was afraid my simple question would turn into a debate...

Anyone been to the Farmers Glory since it has re-opened? I was wondering if it's as good as it was about 18months ago. We're in Blackpool for the weekend for a wedding this weekend so I will be returning to the 'Don Antonio' in Bispham for a meal on Friday evening. It's well worth a try if your ever in the area.

Edited by unluckymorton

I have answered your questions to the best of my ability. I'm a plumber not a politician therefore as good as I am with central heating and plumbing issues I can not change the world so I live with it.

Oh I don't know morton. Rem the chaos theory....."When a butterfly flaps its wings in Brazil we get a hurricane of the coast of Florida". :tu:

Oz, they've upped sticks and moved to a nicer area of Glasgow, and opened a place called Altura ... same people and same menu as the old place though.

Review here ...

Didn't have time on Friday to get down to there Tris, we were staying up west. After the England game on Friday, surrounded by three ambivalent Jocks and a few dozy students, we dined at Mother India. There are two in the west end, one does Indian tapas opposite the Kelvingrove Museum and a standard restaurant, which was opposite from our Hotel.

We went to the restaurant Mother India and were very well looked after.

The food was modern Indian, with little bog standard curries (IE No list of curry names where you just add the name of the meat at the front). I had the chilli Haddock pakora starter and Chicken Spinach leaf main. They were both as good as it gets to be honest, and i speak from a lot of curry eating experience!

Service was excellent, atmosphere good and surroundings stunning. We dined up stairs, with a comfy, relaxed air to it with friendly knowledgeable staff too. One of our diners was not too convinced with the quality of her food, and the waiter fed the comments back to the chef who provided a sensible and reasoned explanation. And Gave the girls free coffees as a good will gesture.

Excellent way to forget about the previous ninety minutes down the road!

hypocrit or not ,i dont care but its all about choice and expectations. do i eat indian ,curry ,kebabs, YES i do. however if i go an indian or kebab house i expect it to be halal so theres no gripes is there. BUT KFC IS AMERICAN FFS!!!!!

DID COL SANDERS HAVE HIS CHICKEN OR EVEN WANT HIS CHICKEN TO BE GIVEN A MUSLIM BLESSING DID HE BALLS AS LIKE.

• Like 3

We have had two excellent dining experiences recently at MJ's restaurant at the Whitehall Hotel in Darwen ... A modern, bright, cosy dining room with a backdrop of a wooded hillside ... well presented traditional fare for the more discerning diner .... well worth a visit.

hypocrit or not ,i dont care but its all about choice and expectations. do i eat indian ,curry ,kebabs, YES i do. however if i go an indian or kebab house i expect it to be halal so theres no gripes is there. BUT KFC IS AMERICAN FFS!!!!!

DID COL SANDERS HAVE HIS CHICKEN OR EVEN WANT HIS CHICKEN TO BE GIVEN A MUSLIM BLESSING DID HE BALLS AS LIKE.

And there it is.

You don't like it because it's Muslim, not because you care about animal welfare.

At least you're honest Abs, unlike some round here. ;)

• Like 1

Just a thought........

Back in early May, Mac said he went to Thyme at the Sirloin in Hoghton.

I wonder if he checked out the pool room of the ground floor bar where there are photos and memorabilia of local footy teams; i.e. Bolton Wanderers, North End, Rovers and the mancs and scousers clubs as well.

Well worth a look before you have an excellent meal.

Darwen has a new restaurant called La Salsa, on Railway Road just behind the market. It's offering tapas (as you'd expect with a name like that), and is a spin off from a restaurant of the same name in Bolton. The Darwen version doesn't appear to have a website yet, this is Bolton's website and the menus are the same.

You can eat as much tapas as you want for £9.95 (£11.95 on Fridays and Saturdays). The portions are sensibly small but they are quick to bring the menus back every time you finish the dishes on the table - you can order 3 or 4 at a time so there's always a nice combination of salad / potato / fish / meat / vegetable dishes on the table.

I was really impressed with the place, firstly because it's a brave venture in Darwen, but more so because the food was well cooked, tasty and fresh. It was fully booked out tonight and hopeful walk-up diners were being turned away at the door.

Definitely recommended, and would advise booking until they've extended into upstairs (which is planned) - 01254 777744. Cruzcampo, San Miguel and Guinness on tap.

At a loose end last night, er indoors was at the hairdressers and the fridge contents were less than inspiring so I bundled the kids in the car and went to the Millstones at Mellor. It was full and stiflingly hot so I bundled em back in the car and remembering your recommendation headed off for Darwens' La Salsa. As you say Tris good value and very well prepared tapas. We had 4 each and were suitably filled. Nice lunch / weekday evening venue, prob not quite enough gravity for a Sat evening bash.

One black mark... I'd go again if the proprietor could manage to crack a smile. He looked like he'd lost a tenner and found 50p all night.

• Backroom

We are trying la salsa this week but can anyone recommend an Indian in Blackburn / darwen, shajan is full for when we want and we fancy a drink so bukharra is a no go

We are trying la salsa this week but can anyone recommend an Indian in Blackburn / darwen, shajan is full for when we want and we fancy a drink so bukharra is a no go

The curry half mile on Blackburn Road in Darwen is your best bet.

Sukhi's

Anaz

Akash

All within yards of each other. Never been to Sukhi's, but would say that Anaz is posher and slighlty more expensive than Akash, but will no doubt be corrected when the Darreners read this message.

Usha on Haslingden Old Rd at Oswaldtwistle is a good curry, good lager and good service. It's a very big place too so it's not often it gets booked up. My opinion is that it's far better food than Shajan. I used to rate Syhlet at Lango but I've not been for some time now as Usha is so good and easier logistically for me.

It's not a bad taxi fare from Blackburn or Darwen either.

The curry half mile on Blackburn Road in Darwen is your best bet.

Sukhi's

Anaz

Akash

All within yards of each other. Never been to Sukhi's, but would say that Anaz is posher and slighlty more expensive than Akash, but will no doubt be corrected when the Darreners read this message.

As a born and bred Darrener and Indian food lover, Sukhis is the best. No question about it try all three if you like and find that I am correct. YUM

• Backroom

Cheers chaps may be time for a rethink as we booked a table at Anaz but will give sukhis a ring.

On a side note has anyone tried Calypso under the woodlands I've heard good reviews