BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Problem is, we had already booked to go to our son's degree ceremony in York at 9.30 on July 15th. At that point there seemed little chance of our daughter graduating at all this year as she was supposed to finish a 30 minute documentary in order to do so and since she's worked almost full time since finishing her actual course 2 years ago, graduation seemed unlikely. Then the Uni got wise to the fact that some of their better students weren't going to get their degrees if they didn't do something different as all the people on my daughter's course were working somewhere in the media and simply didn't have time to set up interviews and film the extra hours of footage required for editing into 30 mins. So they changed the rules and allowed a portfolio of professional work from the last 2 years accompanied by a written evaluation. Daughter has 11 or so editions of Late Kick off to choose from and so writes evaluation of 6 different kinds of piece, puts the 6 pieces on DVD and gets it in just before the deadline for awards then suddenly discovers that graduation is not just same day as little brother's but at more or less the same time. So we can't attend. She, when not working at the BBC in London, lives in Leeds so seems sensible to share at least part of the day by eating together in Leeds but if we have to foot the bill for 5 or 6 of us, having just paid for a christening do for the eldest one's new baby, we don't want to pay the earth, but want to make it nice. And thanks for the congrats. :D

Yeah congrats to both!!

Hoping to make a graduation myself next year!! Just started work in an Accounting firm for the Summer and I feel like I could do this lark 1 day.

But yeh.. As I said, Red Hot Buffet was my wildcard tongue.gif, threw it in there to complete a full scale of price for you!

Hope you enjoy it whereever you go.

Yeah congrats to both!!

Hoping to make a graduation myself next year!! Just started work in an Accounting firm for the Summer and I feel like I could do this lark 1 day.

But yeh.. As I said, Red Hot Buffet was my wildcard tongue.gif, threw it in there to complete a full scale of price for you!

Hope you enjoy it whereever you go.

Just don't turn into another Philip! I used to value his insights into the financial background of things at the club, but nowadays he doesn't seem to have a positive thing to say about anything. If accountancy does that to you then be very careful

Just don't turn into another Philip! I used to value his insights into the financial background of things at the club, but nowadays he doesn't seem to have a positive thing to say about anything. If accountancy does that to you then be very careful

Haha well last semester at Uni I looked into Blackburn's accounts in detail and had to write a large essay comparing them with the likes of Bolton, Everton, Fulham, Villa...

I also had a meeting with John Williams a few years ago to discuss the clubs situation and the importance of certain aspects of football nowadays.

Still can't believe he agreed to see me just to discuss what was then one of my A-Level projects. Just proves what a top bloke he was.

Rovers has always been a very well run club.. I'm just hoping it stays that way! Will be interesting to see the accounts for the next few years anyway.

But fear not! I'm not all negative yet!! Haha.. trying to keep excited at our situation.

My Mum & I went here today.

Nor exactly a restaurant, but excedingly pleasant. According to the old dear the line was originally built from Preston to Longridge to bring stone from the quarries at Longridge back to Preston. Horses pulled the empty wagons from Preston to Longridge and, as it was all downhill on the return trip, the horses were loaded on the wagons with the stone. Weeeeeeeeeee!

Gumboots - I didn't expect that! That'll teach me. :blush:

Edited by colin

Nor exactly a restaurant, but excedingly pleasant. According to the old dear the line was originally built from Preston to Longridge to bring stone from the quarries at Longridge back to Preston. Horses pulled the empty wagons from Preston to Longridge and, as it was all downhill on the return trip, the horses were loaded on the wagons with the stone. Weeeeeeeeeee!

Sorry did I sound like I was telling you off! Teacher mode again I'm afraid. :D Our daughter has just had her first pieces on BBC News 24 too, with her name at the end followed by BBC News, so we're justly proud of her, and quite gutted we can't do the ceremony at Stoke. Want to make the rest of the day as nice as possible for her, especially considering some of the stuff that has gone on in he life this last year outside of work.

Shaajan could be awful and still be packed though with the Bulls head crowd.

Got a birthday coming up and was tempted by Bukharra but will probably plump for Sukhis followed by a couple in Darwen

Very similar to Algheros, loyal following possibly by people who don't know any better. That said I've never had a bad meal there, but get what you mean about the clientele/bulls head crowd.

Bukharra is a cut above, very good, but I need a beer with my curry, so often end up in Darwen, tend to go to the Akash these days after years at the Anaz.

I bet that was nice Colin, may take a trip over myself with the old dear, Debs :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just hope we've picked the right restaurant in Leeds now - our youngest, lazy at school at anything he didn't want to do and even known to fall asleep in a history lesson, has just rung to say he got a first in Politics!!!!!! That's 2 brilliant results in a couple of weeks. :D:D:D

Congrats gums, you must be very proud!

Was almost bursting with delight yesterday when I heard. Thing is it was totally unexpected, by him too. In fact he went to the admin office just to see his 2:1 confirmed and when he saw just a 1 next to his number he told the woman there had been a mistake and she had to show him all his marks to make him believe it. He was in shock all day!!!

• Backroom

Ok but if you do you'll have to buy my wife a drink it is her birthday :P

Funny enough I bumped into you last time I went Sukhis as well

Was almost bursting with delight yesterday when I heard. Thing is it was totally unexpected, by him too. In fact he went to the admin office just to see his 2:1 confirmed and when he saw just a 1 next to his number he told the woman there had been a mistake and she had to show him all his marks to make him believe it. He was in shock all day!!!

I hope that you have referred him to:-

Real life lesson number 1 - If you get something good you weren't expecting, don't report it and say it is a mistake. Keep your mouth shut. Reporting mistakes is for negative things.

Speaking of naga....

http://www.strongsfruitandveg.co.uk/exotics/chillies/naga-chillies

I got some of these rascals at my recommended greengrocers. Just one of these finely chopped and added makes a mean (Ramsey) chillie con carne I can tell you. Problem with them is that they are quite simply seriously fiery and unfortunately carry no discernable chillie taste. Half a dozen birds eye chillies serve the purpose much better imo.

Be warned don't rub your eyes if you have been handling them!.... Oh and ladies are well advised to go for a pee before handling them rather than after! ;)

Theno & everyone else,

Growing your own chillis is worthwhile. They will fruit in a small-ish pot in a warm place and give you a chilli that is warming and wonderful. They look quite nice too with little white flowers that you may need to cross- pollinate with a little paint brush.

Just keep feeding them a bit of fertilizer.

They feeeze nicely too.

As Theno said, no nose/eye/genitalia scratching unless you've washed you hands first. I can back that up from bitter experience.

Is that the "restauraunt thread" suitably diverted?

Edited by colin

• Backroom

We really enjoyed Naga, they've done the place up really nice as well. Came to about £44 all in with 2 starters, 2 mains plus rice, chips and 2 naans, a beer, a wine and a baileys so about average price, maybe top end compared to the Darwen ones.

I know it's been mentioned on here a couple of times before but me and the Mrs tried La Salsa in Darren last night for the first time. Excellent! As much as you can eat tapas dishes for £14.95 (think it's £9.95 Mon to Thurs) and we managed a cool 16 between us. I'm sure that can be bettered though! There's 44 tapas dishes on the menu. Mrs CLB had a glass of wine, I had two pints of Estrella (on tap) and we bumped the overall bill up by having two sweets & two coffees, one a Baileys. £53 the lot.

The place was very busy with most of the tables being taken, upstairs and down, which created a good atmosphere. Could just do with a few more Spanish style paintings etc on the walls upstairs to give it an authentic feel. Will definitely go back soon.

Went Bukhara again last night and absolutely brilliant once again. If anyone does go there here is what I usually order:

Greek salad

Chicken Salad

Poppadoms

Pickle Tray

Mixed Grill

King Prawns

Lamb Chops

Handi Ghosht

Chilman Biryani (My favourite)

Naan Bread

Drinks

Apple Tarte

Ras Malai

Every single item was fantastic. My favourite the Chilman Biryani has lamb biryani and then a layer of pastry over it, and that really adds that little sweetener to the dish, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Personally for me, it is the best curry place in the North West. My uncle is the owner of the place and has told me that many people from across the country have come to try out their food. Recently they have been fully booked over the weekends and Friday night.

• Backroom

I know it's been mentioned on here a couple of times before but me and the Mrs tried La Salsa in Darren last night for the first time. Excellent! As much as you can eat tapas dishes for £14.95 (think it's £9.95 Mon to Thurs) and we managed a cool 16 between us. I'm sure that can be bettered though! There's 44 tapas dishes on the menu. Mrs CLB had a glass of wine, I had two pints of Estrella (on tap) and we bumped the overall bill up by having two sweets & two coffees, one a Baileys. £53 the lot.

The place was very busy with most of the tables being taken, upstairs and down, which created a good atmosphere. Could just do with a few more Spanish style paintings etc on the walls upstairs to give it an authentic feel. Will definitely go back soon.

My experience there wasn't as good as most peoples, but we went on a Saturday with a group of us, the first round of tapas was really nice but then every round afterwards seemed to get smaller and not as good as the last.

It didn't help that they had obviously over booked and the party who were next at our table were basically stood next to our table waiting for it

Went Bukhara again last night and absolutely brilliant once again. If anyone does go there here is what I usually order:

Greek salad

Chicken Salad

Poppadoms

Pickle Tray

Mixed Grill

King Prawns

Lamb Chops

Handi Ghosht

Chilman Biryani (My favourite)

Naan Bread

Drinks

Apple Tarte

Ras Malai

Every single item was fantastic. My favourite the Chilman Biryani has lamb biryani and then a layer of pastry over it, and that really adds that little sweetener to the dish, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Personally for me, it is the best curry place in the North West. My uncle is the owner of the place and has told me that many people from across the country have come to try out their food. Recently they have been fully booked over the weekends and Friday night.

Bukhara really does set the standard for IndoPak cuisine. It is stand out alone at the top of the pile imo BWR.

'Chilman Biryani'.... it's not on the on line menu. It's prob new so I'll give it a try soon on your recommendation. I usually get stuck on the fantastic Afghani Lamb Tikka for starters and either Gosht alu Bukhara / Lamb Dopiaza for main. One of these days I'm going to go with 2/3 mates and order that roast leg of lamb on the specials. Every time I've seen it it looks amazing.

btw 1.. Do you think if I did they'd get humanely slaughtered lamb for me and non of that inhumanely killed variety? It's the only thing that tempers my admiration for such well prepared and presented Pakistani meat dishes.

btw 2..Any discount if I mention your name and pay with the folding stuff? :huh:;)

Edited by thenodrog