BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

The only restaurants that stay open in Blackburn and Darwen are all you can eat buffets, good but cheap Indian restaurants, buy 1 get 1 free pubs and so on.

Burnley has some nice places though, Fence Gate is cracking. They seem to stay open elsewhere.

Haven't the Fence Gate opened up another place somewhere, memory fails me but think it was another restaurant/pub somewhere.

We're spoilt for good food TBH, esp getting over t'Rib Vall way, so many great places to eat - most needing a car like - that cater for a few different markets.

Haven't the Fence Gate opened up another place somewhere, memory fails me but think it was another restaurant/pub somewhere.

We're spoilt for good food TBH, esp getting over t'Rib Vall way, so many great places to eat - most needing a car like - that cater for a few different markets.

I think the fence Gate are opening the Spread Eagle at Barrow.

Blue Diamond owner sold that when he moved to the Spring Mill (Sylette). Alright that lad.... he played Christmas carols over the Christmas period rather than that wailing stuff.

I think he is involved in a restaurant in the Preston area and I understand he spends his time working there.

He started off at the Anaz and had a spell at the Shahjan.

I don't know if he is still involved with Roe Lee takeaway.

Spending quite a bit of money on it as well. Place looks huge.

Which reminds me. Nigel Howarth is expanding his empire. He has bought the Clog and Billycock at Pleasington. Spent about £1 million on it. Due to open in a few weeks.

As said, blooming enormous! Blocking off public footpaths & applying for a licence to have outdoor drinking until 02:00.

That is severely cheesing-off the locals especially since they have had to put up with the previous load of building & conversion which came to nothing.

For the Mancunians & those who might just visit. Have a go at "The Grand Buffet."

Corner of Whitworth St & Sackville St, (just downhill from Chorlton St coach station.)

All you can eat for £5.50. OK it's not haute cuisine, but every now and then it does the job.

Has anyone tried that new indian takeway across from Ewood? Few doors down from the bakery i think.

Have tried it and quite impressed.

If you want the best sit down meal its sukhis at Darwen, and for the earlier poster yes Darwen is the centre of the universe!

For the Mancunians & those who might just visit. Have a go at "The Grand Buffet."

Corner of Whitworth St & Sackville St, (just downhill from Chorlton St coach station.)

All you can eat for £5.50. OK it's not haute cuisine, but every now and then it does the job.

Is that the one where you have to go slightly downstairs in to the restaurant Colin? Green on the outside? If so, I went there a few years back and it was very good. for the price. It's the first and only time I've been to an 'all you can eat', I was pleasantly surprised to find it included dessert and fruit too.

Is that the one where you have to go slightly downstairs in to the restaurant Colin? Green on the outside? If so, I went there a few years back and it was very good. for the price. It's the first and only time I've been to an 'all you can eat', I was pleasantly surprised to find it included dessert and fruit too.

LeChuck, actually the opposite, you go up a bit to get in. There's a Chinese all you can eat buffet place next door which is based in the basement.

Grand Buffet is opposite O'Sheas if that makes it any easier to picture. At certain times you get a free ice cream, but I've not seen fruit., so probably you're not thinking of the samr place.

Oh of course, sorry about that...I know the one you mean now. I think the one I'm on about is actually on Whitworth street.

The one you went to is The Number One, best Cantonese buffet restaurant by a mile in Manchester