BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

• 2 weeks later...

We were in The Oyster and Otter on Wednesday. They have had a bit of a makeover. The takeaway is now a lounge area where you can sit and have a drink before or after your meal. Or somewhere to wait for your takeaway. They have done a really good job.

As always the food was excellent!

We were in The Oyster and Otter on Wednesday. They have had a bit of a makeover. The takeaway is now a lounge area where you can sit and have a drink before or after your meal. Or somewhere to wait for your takeaway. They have done a really good job.

As always the food was excellent!

Went there last night. They really do do most things right.

Went to the Tempest Arms on Friday - don't go unless you are very hungry. Huge portions and very good too. Lived up to its reputation and the service was good too - not rushed but not slow either.

Wish I'd gone there. I went to Mr Freds for the first time and whilst the food was good the portions were at odds. The steak and ale pudd and chips was huge but the other portions on the table were miserly. Unfortunately I'd selected a squid and chorizo salad which whilst very tasty was meagre enough to allow me to appreciate fully the steak and ale pudd and chips that re indoors couldn't manage! ^_^ Worst bit was that we had a current £20 off offer voucher and forgot to use it!

*Co-incidentally gumboots my mate informed me at the table that his current fav restaurant is the Tempest Arms!

Edited by thenodrog

Took the other half to Maxwells in Clitheroe. Steak and kidney pudding was fabulous with big chunky chips. Plus if you dine at certain times they knock a third off your bill ^_^

Used to be half price! check out their Christmas menu and also the food at the Inn at the Station, where we've just eaten Sunday lunch 2 for £10. They have a nice looking christmas menu too

Anybody have the copy of The Sunday Times from last week?

Apparently Bukhara was mentioned and I wanted to see what it said. Was told it was amongst the top 2 Indian restaurants in the NW, along with This 'n' That in Manchester.

Personally I've not been in a better one but the alcohol free dictat does put many (proper) English diners off. On the plus side it makes it seem extremely cheap though......... Trick is to dine an hour earlier and then stop for a bevvy in the local on the way home. :tu:

That said the take aways areeasily worth the 10 min drive.

Edited by thenodrog

No need for such posts. Someone posts an opinion and you call him a @#/?.

I presume you were looking in the mirror when you posted that.

Think folk been banned for less.

firstly jeez your going back a bit,

secondly he didn't offer any kind of opinion that was my issue!, he just randomly left a chippy negative comment with absolutely no explanation(i think that's called trolling nowadays).

p.s. I was given a warning at the time for using that word, if that gives your sensitive soul some satisfaction, so need to go telling tales as i think for some reason you are just trying to get me banned(please pm me your issue if that is the case).

Edited by hardly1980

Pafell thanks for the consideration but I don't really need it. The matter was closed as far as I was concerned. I hadn't retorted cos I'm quite content to leave hardly to his opinions and his dodgepot greasy spoon cafes. Most of my recommendations come under the heading 'pearls before swine' for such anyway. :closedeyes:

Pafell thanks for the consideration but I don't really need it. The matter was closed as far as I was concerned. I hadn't retorted cos I'm quite content to leave hardly to his opinions and his dodgepot greasy spoon cafes. Most of my recommendations come under the heading 'pearls before swine' for such anyway. :closedeyes:

At least i now have a fair idea of where your initial comment stems from!,

each to there own though, enjoy working on your handicap.

Your grammar and punctuation is always poor hardly but thats twice in subsequent posts that you've followed an exclamation mark with a comma. What do you do that for?

criticising peoples spelling, grammar and punctuation in an attempt to belittle them, more classic symptoms of trolling(and ironically enough your grammar & punctuation above seems wrong to my eyes), if you want to carry on please do it via a pm so as not to clog this thread up(personally i have absolutely nothing further to say to you).

goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite(and all that).

Edited by hardly1980

To bring it back on topic. Just had a very good meal at the Pendle Inn, Barley. Went on a groupon offer but the prices were reasonable anyway and again the portions were very good. We don't normally eat out this often but at the moment I have no kitchen and microwave meals plus washing up in the bathroom is a hassle I can do without.