BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Indian Restaurant Preston | Bukhara Samlesbury Restaurant

Tried this for a 2nd time after being talked into it. Same result. Why don't I learn. Possibly the worst takeOut in memory.

Dry, small pieces of meat, and very dominated with a backgroud sauce taste for both dishes. May as well have ordered the same meal twice. Never again, not even if someone else pays for it.

Definately will never have a meal inside...

Never had a takeaway, but the sit down meal is fantastic IMO.

Red Cat, Wheelton.....lovely nosh.

Topical for us at the moment pal, and I've only been once about 18 months back, but wasn't impressed at all, over priced, place was empty and at the time the Clogg was much better food and value.

Edited by GAV

Red Cat, Wheelton.....lovely nosh.

I haven't been for a while but last time we went I left hungry and broke!! The food is very good but the portions were tiny and very expensive. I don't expect the plate to be piled high but the Dead Cat takes it to the other extreme!

Paul - that's not a Christmas Day menu but a pre Christmas one

Whoops!

http://www.oysterandotter.co.uk/oyster-xmas-menus-2012/XMAS%20DAY%20'12%20menu.pdf

Slightly more than I suggested!! Apologies

I like the Oyster and Otter very much but close on 200 quid for a family of 4 on Christmas Day..... without drinks and then arguing like Kean over a taxi fare with some muslim on double time!!! Nah. Not for me.

Any Christmas spirit I ever possessed which would tempt me to get suckered like that evaporated decades ago.

Edited by thenodrog

Any capital city in a muslim country! Christmas has lost it's meaning nowadays. It's just an orgy of excess.

Depends on who you are Gordon and whether you let it be like that. We start by going to church, then sing carols at the hospital, open presents then cook and eat dinner - rarely more than we would eat on a big Sunday dinner. After that we go for a walk if it's not pouring down then either watch something we all agree on or play charades and a board game. We probably don't eat again unless you can be bothered to get yourself bread and cheese or a sandwich. We indulge in a bit more alcohol than usual as we don't usually have to drive but not to excess. Lovely day for all the family

Went to the Spar shop opposite the Old Oak earlier this week and they were encouraging customers to "come in to shop on Christmas Day as we are open for groceries, wine and beer!".

God help us.

i bet they get a steady stream of customers though! so fair play to them, Christmas means nothing to them so why shouldn't they make a few quid(im assuming its asian run), Taxi drivers do it(and they even take advantage by upping the prices) and nobody complains.

Edited by hardly1980

Depends on who you are Gordon and whether you let it be like that. We start by going to church, then sing carols at the hospital, open presents then cook and eat dinner - rarely more than we would eat on a big Sunday dinner. After that we go for a walk if it's not pouring down then either watch something we all agree on or play charades and a board game. We probably don't eat again unless you can be bothered to get yourself bread and cheese or a sandwich. We indulge in a bit more alcohol than usual as we don't usually have to drive but not to excess. Lovely day for all the family

Good for you Gumboots, & good for you. Gordon You both express my feelings exactly. Either you treat the Christmas period as a period of the Christian religious calender and you act accordingly or you can see it as a commercial blastrart -fest to try and sell as much carp as possible to as many people who want to buy stuff. I'm currently working very near the Arndale Centre in Manchester. In there it is a time to BUY THINGS for all the retailers there. It's CHRISTMAS - BUY SOMETHING. BUY IT FROM US. Celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ by BUYING SOMETHING FROM US. IT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY. Buy it you batstadras

or the baby Jesus will die on the cross and you'll have a miserable Christmas and die alone. All I need now is for that bloody Slade record to start off. It's going to happen fairly soon.

I notice the backward word sdratsab is replaced by "Kean". I take my hat off to you Mods

Edited by colin

i bet they get a steady stream of customers though! so fair play to them, Christmas means nothing to them so why shouldn't they make a few quid(im assuming its asian run), Taxi drivers do it(and they even take advantage by upping the prices) and nobody complains.

You were going well there hardly until the last bit! I object like Kean!

You were going well there hardly until the last bit! I object like Kean!

TBF you oppose to everything and everybody, you are the proverbial 'objection to the rule'(but at least your consistent).

im just watching an idiot abroad and i picture you as an elderly(and much more bigoted) Karl pilkington type figure.

Edited by hardly1980

TBF you oppose to everything and everybody, you are the proverbial 'objection to the rule'(but at least your consistent).

im just watching an idiot abroad and i picture you as an elderly Karl pilkington type figure.

So you are happy to pay double at Christmas to a taxi driver who is giving up nowt and just doing his job? Do you tip on top? ^_^

On that subject can you imagine the hoo hah that would be stirred up if everybody charged muslims double during some eid or other?

Edited by thenodrog

Personally Its very rare that i catch a taxi, so if i where to catch one on Xmas day of all days id be content(not happy!) to pay a few quid extra and even though Muslims don't celebrate Xmas the way we do(if at all) you have to remember officially its still a bank holiday and i know i wouldn't work a bank holiday (even if its only for a mickey mouse royal occasion that means d-to-the-K ta me).

Personally Its very rare that i catch a taxi, so if i where to catch one on Xmas day of all days id be content(not happy!) to pay a few quid extra and even though Muslims don't celebrate Xmas the way we do(if at all) you have to remember officially its still a bank holiday and i know i wouldn't work a bank holiday (even if its only for a mickey mouse royal occasion that means d-to-the-K ta me).

Exactly. It's perfectly reasonable for them to charge extra on a bank holiday. Do they charge extra on Eid?

Yet another excuse for theno to display his prejudices.

Exactly. It's perfectly reasonable for them to charge extra on a bank holiday. Do they charge extra on Eid?

Yet another excuse for theno to display his prejudices.

100% no, i think most actually book the day off, but there's plenty off none muslims to pick up the slack those days.

To be totally honest in my experience(and that of most i know) in general its white English taxi drivers around here that let the side down(overcharging, expecting tips, bad attitudes, poor timing, ect....).

100% no, i think most actually book the day off, but there's plenty off none muslims to pick up the slack those days.

To be totally honest in my experience(and that of most i know) in general its white English taxi drivers around here that let the side down(overcharging, expecting tips, bad attitudes, poor timing, ect....).

I hate poor timing inevitably accompanied by multiple lies. Must say 24/7 are my taxi of choice cos their timekeeping is excellent. I even dropped in at their base to meet em a few years ago. Last night they landed up to take me home in a 3 litre Audi A8! Superb car and a proper limo.... btw what prejudices are they Sydney Rover? I didn't go to take them a crate of methyl alcohol to drink before dropping them off hunderds of miles away in the bush you know. :glare:

Edited by thenodrog

• 2 weeks later...

Nabs Head well that was an experience....

to start with the link that the girlfriend found coppied into my last post was bogus.

http://thenewnabshead.co.uk/

that the real site ... so she was somewhat taken for surprise when the meals she had planned from the menu didn't exist!

we setteled from the Christmas menu.

Creame of leek and cellary soup followed by the road Turkey dinner.

The soup was more gelatinous than creamy, not over seasoned .....bit bland.

Turkey dinner can't complain, Nicely cut turkey, good stuffing wrapped in bacon with chipolatas and tastey gravy.

Veg slightly overdone.

roast potatoes good.

for 9.99 and a quid for a coke.. good vfm...

take your grandmas and aunts, not your girlfriend!!!!!

Clocked the Flowers shirt.......good lads!

Nabs Head well that was an experience....

to start with the link that the girlfriend found coppied into my last post was bogus.

http://thenewnabshead.co.uk/

that the real site ... so she was somewhat taken for surprise when the meals she had planned from the menu didn't exist!

we setteled from the Christmas menu.

Creame of leek and cellary soup followed by the road Turkey dinner.

The soup was more gelatinous than creamy, not over seasoned .....bit bland.

Turkey dinner can't complain, Nicely cut turkey, good stuffing wrapped in bacon with chipolatas and tastey gravy.

Veg slightly overdone.

roast potatoes good.

for 9.99 and a quid for a coke.. good vfm...

take your grandmas and aunts, not your girlfriend!!!!!

Clocked the Flowers shirt.......good lads!

My anti virus package doesn't like your link one bit!

Awful food when i went to the Nabs Head. So bad i didn't even consume over 50% of my meal (Starter and Main)

Will never dine there again, but that is just my opinion.

However, as a "foodie" i feel as though many other people would agree with me.

Was that recently Vintage, or under the new ownership (last 3 months approx)?

I am off to Sardo, an authentic Sardinian restaurant just off Tottenham Court Rd in London tomorrow night........one of my London favourites which I highly recommend.

Awful food when i went to the Nabs Head. So bad i didn't even consume over 50% of my meal (Starter and Main)

Will never dine there again, but that is just my opinion.

However, as a "foodie" i feel as though many other people would agree with me.

I'm surprised at that vintage, when was that?

I've eaten at The Nabshead several times in the past 3 months and its good old fashioned pub food, with some decent specials added for good measure. The food is all home cooked, doesn't come on the back of a wagon and is very reasonably priced.

The only gripe anyone I've been with has had, was on one occasion the steak was a little fatty, but thats clutching at straws.