shefki ku ku qi

will you score a goal for me

shefki ku ku qi

with your left, with your right,

with head or with your knee,

shefki ku ku qi

it would be superb if we were able to start new songs with more than about 4 different words in it, but i'm afraid that it's not likely to happen. in my opinion we need to keep our chants simple.

the best chants for us would be to the same tune that liverpool, newcastle, everton sing (ie to the same tune as 'we are leeds') but without wanting to get too geeky about this, you need three syllables in the word which 'Blackburn' hasn't. however, i can't understand why we can't chant 'rovers, rovers.....' in the same way Boro, Leicester and Chelsea do. it' s simple, easy to catch on, traditional and far less embarrasing than barmy army!

other chants like 'come on rovers' are again simple to chant but never seem to even get sung by a minority.

in short, i reckon that it's all well and good trying to get clever ironic chants going, but we can even get the basic ones going, so let's start by sorting that out.

we lost our roots a bit in the 90s and with it some of our simple chants.

CAN YOU HEAR A CURIOUS TONE,

FROM THE BURNLEY FANS AS THEY START TO MOAN,

ITS HARD TO SMILE WHEN YOUR 5 GOALS DOWN,

AND ROVERS GIVING YOU THE RUNAROUND.

Could be used for anytime and any score (in Rovers favour of course)

Thats all i can remember of that one Pafell. Next verse about Jim Smith and the Riverside roar. Was taught it in Cologne with Waggy and Macky together with Macky's now legendary seven verse version of No Nay Never....incredible :rolleyes:

My favourite will always be the one we sung in the 95-96 to theose lovely people at Old Trafford, to the tune of "Tie my kangaroo down":

Who's the champions now, scum?

Who's the champions now?

Who's the champions now, scum?

Who's the champions now?

Our Shearer-wonderland song also caugh on quite well.

I seem to recall a song from the 80's to the tune of Mary's boy child, but I can't remeber it. Gav? Any ideas?

Hark now hear the Rovers sing,

The Burnley ran away,

And we will fight for ever more,

Because of Boxing day.

Who needs the new songs - we just need to resurrect some of these outstanding old ones.

A couple of my faves;

All things bright and beautiful,

All trophies great and small,

Rovers won the premiership

and you lot won f**k all.

--

This one was allways sung before KO as Rovers warmed up, with all the BBurn end chanting;

Colin - show us your a**e

Colin, Colin - show us your a**e

Hendry replied by bending over and pulling down his shorts!

Dunny Dunny show us your arse

Dunny - show us your arse.

Will any of multi-millionaire footballers be up for this ?

Who would be the most likely candidate to show their arse in todays squad ???????

the bear went over the mountain the bear went over the mountain the bear went over the mountain....and what do you think he saw? he saw another mountain he saw another mountain he saw anoher mountain....and what do you think he did? the bear went over the mountain....and so on and so on. This used to go on and on back in the Bburn end mid-80's.

also:

We know a song that gets on everybody's nerves...

The songs at Ewood these days are a total embarrassment. Even when our fans can be bothered to make any noise its the usual banal rubbish!

Thats all i can remember of that one Pafell. Next verse about Jim Smith and the Riverside roar. Was taught it in Cologne with Waggy and Macky together with Macky's now legendary seven verse version of No Nay Never....incredible :rolleyes:

Hark now hear the Rovers sing,

The Burnley ran away,

And we will fight for ever more,

Because of Boxing day.

Who needs the new songs - we just need to resurrect some of these outstanding old ones.

Dunny Dunny show us your arse

Dunny - show us your arse.

Will any of multi-millionaire footballers be up for this ?

Who would be the most likely candidate to show their arse in todays squad ???????

I would love it if someone would post Mackys 7 verse NNN up, last heard it in Amsterdam and can't remember it.

shefki ku ku qi

shefki ku ku qi

with your left, with your right,

with head or with your knee,

shefki ku ku qi

Only ever heard that about Gallagher.. works better than it did for Shekfi.

You also have to do the little dance that goes with it lol.

Gallagher ger ger

wont you score a goal for me........

Vicki bashing out 'Warnock all over the world - ... and I like him, I like him, I L L L Like, Steven Warnock....Warnock all over the world!!!'

Thats very good.

I think T4E came up with a great chant for Givet.

If I did I can't remember it.....

Only ever heard that about Gallagher.. works better than it did for Shekfi.

You also have to do the little dance that goes with it lol.

Gallagher ger ger

wont you score a goal for me........

That song was actually a rip off of "El Hadji Diouf, Diouf Diouf, wont you score a goal for me" that Liverpool were singing at the time. Admitting that is likely to make me very unpopular, but there is a bright side...

the bear went over the mountain the bear went over the mountain the bear went over the mountain....and what do you think he saw? he saw another mountain he saw another mountain he saw anoher mountain....and what do you think he did? the bear went over the mountain....and so on and so on. This used to go on and on back in the Bburn end mid-80's.

also:

We know a song that gets on everybody's nerves...

The songs at Ewood these days are a total embarrassment. Even when our fans can be bothered to make any noise its the usual banal rubbish!

haha i wonder who got them going :rolleyes: lol

JOHN DENVER'S 'ANNIES SONG' IN THE 80'S.

ABBEY WILL REMEMBER IT!

heee hee.....dee deeeeeeeeee deeeeeeeeee deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh da

what about blow the man dow

I think theres a longer version of it, but a while back i heard:

Away in a manger,

No crib for a bed

The little Lord Jesus

woke up and he said

F*** YOU BURNLEY

the last line was shouted relatively aggressively... made me laugh

After all these year's and we still dont have a decent club anthem,its a bit of a rum do this really! :angry:

And dont mention the current awful 'Wild Rover' shyte....I'm afraid that is a rip off of Burnley's NO NAY NEVER and I'm afraid that one has been their anthem since the 70's.

Club anthems are horrendously embarrasing.

Like that bloody awful chelsea thing.

de da do da, de da do da, de da do da, de da do da, do-do-do-do CHELSEA.

makes my ears bleed.

The worst of all is You'll Never Walk Alone... uuurrgghh, what a depressing, disgusting song. Allow.

We need songs like Sunderland. They have some really good ones and i've always noticed that the makkems can outsing anyone, home or away.

I especially like their:

Lets all have a disco

lets all have a disco

na na na na

na na na na

and they all start dancing.

The Barmy Army chant is great. Especially the bit where you all clap your hands and stuff.

You're all mad, you lot.

Yeah but the award for most creative song goes to the scum and there ..

Burn -er - leh Burn - er - leh Burn-er-leh repeat till fade.

I don't know how you think them up.

Archived