BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Chant/song At Ewood

The Barmy Army chant is great. Especially the bit where you all clap your hands and stuff.

You're all mad, you lot.

our 6 fingered friend does have a point though.

the barmy army chant is embarassing, and i cringe watching the other team fans reaction to it.

the wild rover song (NOT the morning call version) is the best song we have by a country mile, even if it is shared with our friends. Perhaps a second verse could be added which is a bit more rovers orientated, and then we would have something of a club anthem.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love it if someone would post Mackys 7 verse NNN up, last heard it in Amsterdam and can't remember it.

I'll have a word with the wordsmith that is Macky and get him to write out down for me verses about the longside did run and the bus station after the game !!! Never forget the Boxing day game as a kid sat in the crickey field whilst sporadic outbreaks of fighting took place all over the bee hole and had never seen so many people packed into an end at that point as the Rovers hordes in the Longside.

Remember that one do we mr dingle - think it was a 3-2 victory at the Turf as the 7th verse of the song does recoolect - it was the best boxing day ever. Happy memories indeed :rolleyes:

I'll have a word with the wordsmith that is Macky and get him to write out down for me verses about the longside did run and the bus station after the game !!! Never forget the Boxing day game as a kid sat in the crickey field whilst sporadic outbreaks of fighting took place all over the bee hole and had never seen so many people packed into an end at that point as the Rovers hordes in the Longside.

Remember that one do we mr dingle - think it was a 3-2 victory at the Turf as the 7th verse of the song does recoolect - it was the best boxing day ever. Happy memories indeed :rolleyes:

Cheers mate, I do vaguely remember it in the Grasshopper. Was a bit young for that game at the Turf but have heard a lot about it. Whilst on the subject that would be around the last time they beat us in a competitive game, give or take a season. Nearly 30 years now, and that must hurt. Ours must be one of the most one sided derbys in the country in recent years.

Barmy Army reflects everything that is bad about modern day footy. It makes me sick listening to it - and the vaste majority of self respecting rovers fans i reckon.

I go back to one of my earlier posts. I think we need to start getting back our simple chants which we used in the 80s early 90s. Clubs of our size are never gonna be able to get songs going with lots of words in it.

Stuff like 'Come on Rovers', 'We are the Rovers' (which could replace Barmy Army!!), or just a simple 'rovers, rovers...' (ala Boro, Chelsea, Leicester).

THose who are simply trained to sing barmy army wouldn't be too taxed by those!

PS I wrote a couple of new verses to no nay never a few years back - not a cat in el's chance that they'd ever catch on tho!

I think tonight is a good opportunity to try out new songs.

Lets face it, the most noise you ever get out of Fulham fans is the occasional ragged 'Come on Fulham'.

I think the best songs out there are ones that make people laugh to be honest. If people are laughing at a funny chant then they're elated which makes the atmosphere better in the crowd and therefore for the players as well.

I have to agree that we should revoke back to some of the old songs.

We are the rovers is pretty unique and very catchy when it gets going properly, also come on you blues when we get a corner. Forever and ever seems to have died down a lot over the past couple of seasons.

I like the hey jude rovers song (Na na na nana naaa naaaaaa Ro-vers) and feel that it works well at away games.

Get into them and barmy army are shocking chants imo.

i have seen and heard one where, after a goal has been scored, the fans behind the net point at the keeper and chant " it's all your fault!", repeatedly. it can really unsettle some keepers.

I heard this one a while ago when Khizanishvili got games, i cant really describe the tune though, not one ive heard before

Me and the missus,

we're gonna get married

now we've gone and called it quits

coz i decided

with the money for the wedding

to buy a shirt with KHIZANISHVILI on it

And I liked the idea of using Rhianna's Umbrella for Vince Grella (id he ever actually plays of course....).

I've tried a few times and never been able to come up with anything decent for him to this tune. Which is a shame. Anyone else managed it?

well i would imagine it could have the tune but doesnt nearly have to be as long right?

He's the midfielder from down under

knock you down and bring the thunder

better watch out for this big fella

better watch out for Vince Grella ella ella ey ey etc

:lol:

How about -

When they're both fit they'll play together

We know they'll be here forever

One of them was Ince's friend

The other ones left knee will not bend

Now they're playing more than ever

They know they will have each other

We've got Andrews and Vince Grella

We've got Andrews and Vince Grella (ella, ella.....)

He spits,

He dives,

Dont mention how he drives,

EL HADJ DIOUFFFFFFF

I thought a song was meant to get behind a player and encorage him.

Why do people insist on making up songs about diouf mentioning all the negative things he has done in his PAST?

I've mentioned this before, can't find where though, what about-

El Hadj Diouf my lord, El Hadj Diouf

Oh lord El Hadj Diouf

IMO quite easy to learn and sing and a lot better than Dioooouuufff, which comentaters still insist in syaing that he is being booed.

He would fit well into the agadoo tune:

El Hadji Diouf, Diouf, Diouf

Wont you score a goal for me

With your left with your right

with your head or with your knee

(Heard this one at Sunderland away)

He's got a long name,

he's got a long naaaaaaaaaaaaaaame,