• Betnley
    • Dunn
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • Derbyshire
    • Santa Cruz
    • Tugay
    • McCarthy

We can't just switch to 4-4-2 without running the risk of being overrun in midfield. As you say, their midfield is so strong.. And we are barely holding them off playing 5 there ourselves.. If anyone's to come off it has to be Dunn for Benni. Dunn has been very ineffective and is treading a fine line with the ref now. Derbyshire is not so bad on the right wing.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have cruz, and peds who is excellent in the air but we're just not supplying quality crosses to them so i think bents needs to go wide.

dunn has been effective imo, he has made runs into the box and caused opposition problems. he has been cutting up plays aswell. although he is on a fine line with the ref.

I have no idea what was given for their disallowed goal, I'm sure that'll be discussed at length tonight on MOTD.

McCarthy was by far the hardest working player on the pitch for us when he was on, it's just a shame his confidence is low because he would have finished off that chance if in form, instead of falling on his arse when a finger brushed his shirt.

Decent result in the end, and a fair one too. The game itself was pretty exciting, but woefully short on quality.

I'm even more convinced that the Nelsen injury has been a blessing in disguise for us. The Ooijer/Samba partnership vs Villa and the Ooijer/Zurab one today have looked pretty damn solid in comparison to Nelsen/Samba. My man of the match today is either Andre The Giant or Zurab. Not being nervous as hell everytime the opposition attacks is a feeling that I'd almost forgotten what felt like.

Good to see McCarthy working his balls off today. He should have done better with that last chance, but still, he made a positive impact on the game.

We were lucky with the offside decision, but then again, we weren't exactly lucky with the linesmen last season.. Rovers vs Wet Spam springs to mind!

You'll also be pleased to know that the Rovers supporters severely outnumbered the Everton fans in my local pub in Oslo, by the way ;)

Archived