BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] American Presidential Elections

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes but neo-con doesn't equal Jew necessarily. I see what you mean though. Jews are capable of being rabid rightists. Just look at Israel, not exactly a bastion of hippy-dippy lovin'.

The neo-conservative movement actually started off as a far-left, pro Marxist group. It was work done by Kristol that moved the Neo-cons to the right.

As for your remarks about Israel, as well as the populous right-wing public image there is also a prominent liberal left.

Whilst not all Neo-cons are Jews, virtually all the most prominent American neo-cons are part of the New-York based Jewish lobby.

With his wins in Wisconsin and Hawai'i Obama has now made it 10 victories in a row. One analyst on CNN makes a good point in saying that if the roles were reversed and Clinton had just recorded her 10th success on the bounce, Obama would now be proclaimed an irrelevant candidate dead in the water. It says much though about the Clinton machine's wherewithal that she is still deemed to be in it despite Obama's thundering momentum.

However reports suggest that Obama has eaten away at her core bases - latinos, working-class men and women - at an alarming rate. His comprehensive success in Wisconsin, a state apparently very similar in its demographic make-up to Ohio (I don't know I've been to neither), is a major blow for the Clinton camp which may face a real battle in next month's huge contests.

Everyone knows Brad Friedel should be President. Obama is very charismatic, but has he mentioned any policies at all? He may be all style and no substance. And if Huckabee plays a part in McCain's campaign in November, then I'll be worried. But that is because I am suspicious of bible bashing Republicans who treat evolution as an unfounded theory that is of less imprtance than creationism.

Actually it is Rumoured that Murdoch’s Grandparent’s were Jews

If ever there was evidence that you are a race obsessive, this is it.

Just be grateful you were not living in Germany 65 years ago or you would have been volunteering to do horrible things to people.

If ever there was evidence that you are a race obsessive, this is it.

Just be grateful you were not living in Germany 65 years ago or you would have been volunteering to do horrible things to people.

You really don’t have a clue do you? You think that by discussing someone’s heritage that it’s automatic racism.

My great-grandmother was Jewish, so I find your remarks truly despicable. It’s about time you engaged you’re supposed ‘superior intellect’ and realise that simply discussing the political power of the Jews is neither racist nor xenophobic. It’s obviously ignorance on your own behalf.

BTW you do realize that the current Papal incumbent was a member of Hitler youth?

You really don't have a clue do you? You think that by discussing someone's heritage that it's automatic racism.

BTW you do realize that the current Papal incumbent was a member of Hitler youth?

You mean there's a Pontiff who might not like Jews...?

Anyway, I don't want to put words into Philipl's mouth but I don't think he accused you of racism. You might want to read that again.

As far as the topic goes, Obama's getting a little cheeky. Having watched last night's debate Hillary has a slightly desperate air about her but only a fool would rule such a ruthless woman out of the race.

You mean there's a Pontiff who might not like Jews...?

Anyway, I don't want to put words into Philipl's mouth but I don't think he accused you of racism. You might want to read that again.

As far as the topic goes, Obama's getting a little cheeky. Having watched last night's debate Hillary has a slightly desperate air about her but only a fool would rule such a ruthless woman out of the race.

No matt I find the remark of me ‘volunteering’ to be part of the holocaust quite sick, due to my heritage. He is stooping to very low levels to get his point across.

And again my point was that the Pope was part of Hitler youth- but fled the tyranny of Nazi Germany, so it’s rather a pedantic point to make in the first place.

Back to the point- Hilary looked rather desperate on last nights showing, her obsession with Obama’s supposed plagiarism of speeches is a little embarrassing. And whilst you can never write any Clinton off, it looks Obama’s for the taking. I still reckon it may be decide by the super-delegates.

Not sure how he would fare against McCain though, in the presidential election.

Back to the point- Hilary looked rather desperate on last nights showing, her obsession with Obama’s supposed plagiarism of speeches is a little embarrassing. And whilst you can never write any Clinton off, it looks Obama’s for the taking. I still reckon it may be decide by the super-delegates.

Not sure how he would fare against McCain though, in the presidential election.

Obama has done well to dismiss this plagiarism nonsense. The few phrases he did use belong to his friend and supporter Governor Deval Patrick of Massachusetts. The less credence he gives it in favour of actual issues, the more ridiculous Clinton looks when invoking it. Her insistence that she alone 'will be ready on day one' is becoming as worn as some of her opponent's previously snappy lines. Obama has managed to send up her silly assertion that he is 'all hat no cattle' (a very cheap nod to the Texan electorate) however and he has also stayed almost completely positive, referring to Clinton only in passing and in the context of her attacks on him. He appears both presidential and controlled in comparison to her passionate but shouty manner.

She will though fight to the last and may very well emerge with the nomination, which frankly would be bad news for the party. Having said that, Obama would have to hit a major bump to blow it now, his victory in Wisconsin showing that he can be successful in the 'Rust Belt'. Clinton would have to score massive victories to gain both delegates for herself and deny Obama enough to eat into his relatively sizeable lead. In addition, the movement behind Obama shows no sign of slowing down.

Polls would appear to favour Obama versus McCain. Democratic turnout in the primaries has been staggering.

You must have read it then. :rolleyes:

Actually I have taken a look at his website and he doesn't really have many policies, more ideas as to what could be changed. Now I know there is a fine line between the two, but if I say I want to "improve education", that isn't really a policy. What is he actually going to do to do these things? He has been clear in areas where it is very easy to be, but generally he just relies on being able to stir up his crowd. To be honest I find his rallies quite scary, I don't mean this to be insulting, but they seem like almost Nuremberg type events at times.

I think McCain will win it, probably even if he faces Clinton. His advantage is that he talks a lot of sense when it comes to Iraq and I think that might swing it for him.

McCain is in favour of a war in Iraq lasting 100 years. If he faces Clinton, he will walk it though.

Actually I have taken a look at his website and he doesn't really have many policies, more ideas as to what could be changed. Now I know there is a fine line between the two, but if I say I want to "improve education", that isn't really a policy. What is he actually going to do to do these things? He has been clear in areas where it is very easy to be, but generally he just relies on being able to stir up his crowd. To be honest I find his rallies quite scary, I don't mean this to be insulting, but they seem like almost Nuremberg type events at times.

I haven't seen one but does he not have a 62 page dossier chock full of such things? In any case, I don't believe his ideas are any less or any more detailed than those of McCain or Clinton. It's not as if any of them are going to be drafting the policy and legislation themselves once in office.

McCain is in favour of a war in Iraq lasting 100 years. If he faces Clinton, he will walk it though.

Well I think McCain feels like me, in that now that we are there, we have to stay there until things improve or until we find a real alrternative. Simply leaving will mean that all we have done is messed up a country and a region.

I don't think McCain has a chance against either of them, if sense reigns and people vote as they have been doing rather than voting for the only white male in the race. Too many people are fed up with the Republicans. The 2006 mid terms saw to that, and Bush hasn't improved since then. The continued war and the economy slowing will be the deciders. McCain isn't sucking up to the redneck flag waving evangelicals and they don't like it. They are a right sulky group and are liable to slit their own throats. There is also talk of NYC mayor and multi-billionaire Michael Bloomberg running (Jewish for those interested), I don't think he will though. I wouldn't put it past "Praise Be" Huckabee to run as an independent to appease his flock.

I try to stay out of this type iof stuff, but again, you've said this so I have to refute. the "100 years" quote is taken out of context.

He has said that he could see the USA having a presence in Iraq for 100 years, not that the war will last 100 years. After all, we aren't still at war with Germany or Japan or S. Korea or Italy anymore, but we still have a significant military presence there. In fact, if you include the american Military in the UK, we have roughly the same amount of troops stationed in those 5 coutnries than we do in Iraq and Afghanistan at the moment.

And given the historical unrest in the middle east, and McCains views on the USA being somewhat obligated as a superpower to provide some stability in the world, having a base of operations in Iraq, militarily, would not be a surprise.

Speeeeeeedie, if it were anyone but McCain, I'd agree with that view of the race, that the Republicans have no shot due to Bush. But, McCain managed to win the nomination, and that's a whole new game. And there are signs that the reps are starting to slowly get behind McCain.

I look at it this way. You've got the ultra liberals who will vote straight Dem no matter what, you've got the ultra conservatives who fear a Democrat in the White House almost as much as god himself. Those two groups will never change, but the majority of the people in the world are more moderate than any powerbase, and aren't going to cut off their nose to spite their face. So they vote their party. You win by keeping your house in line and then get a majority from the middle.

McCain v Clinton would be interesting, becuase you'd have the definition of the democratic party versus a moderate right. It would be a great barometer of just how much blame the country places at Bush's feet directly as opposed to anyone with "republican" in their title.

Obama vs McCain is a whole different beast. Both can lay claim to that "change" agenda. Obama breathes it and speaks it, and McCain has shown it in the past that he can cross the aisle to get things done. McCain speaks well to the blue collar worker about the situation in Iraq and would wipe Obama on foreign policy. Obama would wipe McCain in the enthusiasm department. The Economy (which oddly neither is really known for, despite its importance in this elelction) will be where it would be won, I'd think. Whoever can offer a plan to right the ship there would be ahead. I honestly believe that the recession combined witht eh reduced violence over the last 6 months or so has gotten Iraq off the radar in this election.

One of his specific plans is to give a $4000 education credit to any student who does a certain amount of volunteer work.

As for the Philipl/Bazza thing, Philipl is closest to Hitler, due to his belief he has a superior intellect.

I think this is the final nail in the coffin to any pretence that the Maltese pontificator is an intellectual anywhere other than in his own dreams ...... :D

:lol::P to the last two posts.

Clinton is probably beatable by McCain because of the deep hatred the Clinton name inspires in at least 20% of the US population and the galvanising effect that will have on the efforts keep her out of the White House. A McCain v Clinton contest might produce a Bloomberg independent candidacy as there will be an awful lot of dreamers who have been encouraged to dream by Obama who will find neither McCain nor Clinton an attractive proposition. And I am not disparaging Obama with that remark as he has become the personified embodiment of the American Dream in this campaign.

If as seems likely, Obama sees off Clinton, he will have won his toughest battle. Only the Obama campaign self-detonating would stand between him and the White House. Plenty of time to self-destruct though and Michelle had a bit of a go at it recently. That said she is one impressive lady and has effectively chased Bill C out of the battle of the campaign spouses.

Archived