BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Fairer Way To Distribute The Tv Money.

waggy

I'm in complete agreement with the original poster, the smaller clubs are falling by the wayside at an alarmig rate and what do the governing bodies do, they not only demote them but also give them a 10, 12, or 15 points deduction penalty, i mean thats not helping the clubs at all, most of whom have been members of the football league for a 100 years or more, what a way to treat your members.

I'm not really sure I understand what you're on about, is that a reference to deducting points from clubs who go in to administration?

The Bosman freedom of contract stuffed the feeder clubs big time. Little transfer money now filters down through the leagues. I'm just suprised that 10m years on there has not been a mass cull of 30-50 professional clubs. How the likes of Hartlepool, Rochdale, Bury, Stanley and Morecambe finance a full time professional squad God only knows. And who really cares apart from 1000-2000 hardy windswept souls scattered about the terracing at the clubs in the bottom two divisions?

Yeah it is Chuck, its not helping them to demote and penalise them, if the money was distributed fairly half the clubs wouldnt go into liquidation. They are suppose to help their members, not kick em in the nuts when they're down.

I certainly agree withyour sentiments licker (wonder how he came by that name?). However the original problem remains and that is does anyone really care enough to do something that will actually persuade the greedy so&so's that have all the cash that it should be distributed more fairly.

It boils down to selfishness and greed, "As long as it doesn't affect me why should I care" attitude, and there is no short term solution to that one. It would need a complete re-think by all football supporters including the TV only supporters, who would all have to act in unilateral way that the football and TV bigwigs could simply not ignore. How difficult is that? It cannot be an organised protest, rather one that just gathers momentum on it's own. If it's any consolation there is already evidence that this "natural" process has already begun, and indeed it began a very long time ago; before the majority on this MB were even born. It just takes a long time and until the Media picks up on it and publicises the process it will not get any quicker.

One solution to help the problem would be for all those that care enough to stop attending (but not stop supporting) their own team and start attending at a lower league club and making sure that as they do so the local media gets to know about it and why they are doing it. It is at least a start and one that I have made myself 3 years ago.

The reason the points are deducted is because it was felt that clubs going into administration were getting an unfair advantage. You could spend all you want, be fiscally irresponsible in buying players and giving them a better wage to keep them from moving. Administration allowed them to get away with this and clear those debts, giving say, Leeds, an advantage over other clubs who were responsible about their spending.

How come 80+ other clubs don't have administration? They are spending above their means. Their means is the level they are at. If you can't afford to stay at the level you are at, then go down a level. Kind of like what is causing the housing crisis here in the states. People bought houses they couldn't afford, and now my taxes are having to pay to bail them out, even though I was responsible enough to live within my means.

The Bosman freedom of contract stuffed the feeder clubs big time. Little transfer money now filters down through the leagues. I'm just suprised that 10m years on there has not been a mass cull of 30-50 professional clubs. How the likes of Hartlepool, Rochdale, Bury, Stanley and Morecambe finance a full time professional squad God only knows. And who really cares apart from 1000-2000 hardy windswept souls scattered about the terracing at the clubs in the bottom two divisions?

Yet strangely, the conference is now all but 100% full time, as opposed to half 5 years ago.

Its a strange one that is for sure.

Yet strangely, the conference is now all but 100% full time, as opposed to half 5 years ago.

Its a strange one that is for sure.

Thats because its full of league clubs that fell on hard times and have been demoted. :)

The influx of foreign players has not helped, Arsenals Academy is full of 10 to 15 year old foriegners, pre the premiership all these youngsters were picked up from the minor clubs which was a great help with their finances, but not anymore.

American... sorry mate I'm not going to try and explain anything to someone who plays "football" with their hands.

Thats because its full of league clubs that fell on hard times and have been demoted. :)

As it has been since relegation and promotion started some years ago. Most clubs went part time on relegation years ago. Now no one does, and those clubs promoted from the regional feeders into the Conference National go full time very quickly.

The influx of foreign players has not helped, Arsenals Academy is full of 10 to 15 year old foriegners, pre the premiership all these youngsters were picked up from the minor clubs which was a great help with their finances, but not anymore.

American... sorry mate I'm not going to try and explain anything to someone who plays "football" with their hands.

When in doubt insult someones nationality, huh?

I guess people from Liverpool don't know basic economics then. Do you spend more money than you make?

Yeah it is Chuck, its not helping them to demote and penalise them, if the money was distributed fairly half the clubs wouldnt go into liquidation. They are suppose to help their members, not kick em in the nuts when they're down.

Unless your Leeds United. They went into administration because they had a bunch of muppets running their club who gambled on them getting to a Champions League semi-final five years running. They got what they deserved.

IMO The current system is fine, if you’re a premier league club, its not so good for the football in England as a whole.

My point is that a club finishing 6th for example will collect 44 million, whilst the champions will collect 50 million yet that club could be as many as 30 points difference at the end of the season. If clubs don’t begin to balance their books with the current windfall then imo they are not worthy of their premiership status. For a club such rovers aiming to finish between 12-6th, the new deal will represent a minimum of 14 million more than last season & a maximum of 18 million more than last season.

I do believe however that the Premiership should be forced to re-distribute more wealth to the lower leagues and especially grass-roots.

"My point is that a club finishing 6th for example will collect 44 million"

Thats the minimum Bazz, also live TV appearance money on top, works out at nearly a million every two games. Derby County may only be on tele 2 or 3 times live, but you can Guarantee the top 4 will be on about 10 times each thats another point that should be sorted.

"When in doubt insult someones nationality, huh?"

"I guess people from Liverpool don't know basic economics then" ....... touche

American, its too complicated and drawn out to explain, will just say if in your Job you had to join a union, would you not expect a little help from them if you ran into a bit of trouble. Clubs have to pay money to enter the league, they become MEMBERS of the Football League and as such should be given help and assistance.

Its a bit more Complicated than just buying a house, basic economics :rolleyes: you dont have to pay your neighbors for living in their street do you.

IMO The current system is fine, if you’re a premier league club, its not so good for the football in England as a whole.

My point is that a club finishing 6th for example will collect 44 million, whilst the champions will collect 50 million yet that club could be as many as 30 points difference at the end of the season. If clubs don’t begin to balance their books with the current windfall then imo they are not worthy of their premiership status. For a club such rovers aiming to finish between 12-6th, the new deal will represent a minimum of 14 million more than last season & a maximum of 18 million more than last season.

I do believe however that the Premiership should be forced to re-distribute more wealth to the lower leagues and especially grass-roots.

They do.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived