• Kishi
    • Warnock
    • Bentley
    • Tugay
    • Reid
    • McCarthy
    • Berner
    • Santa Cruz

It a great game for Rovers to play on TV against one of the best teams in Europe, we dont expect a thing as the pressure isnt on Rovers and what with over a thousand fans for the game (great show)it should be a good game for the team and a great test which i thoroughly expect Rovers to put in a very good performance.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I`ve 2 spare seats in my people carrier to Arsenal. If you need a lift give me a call - share petrol (usually about £14/£15 each for London games if there are 7 sharing).

==Really not a good idea to stick your mobile no's on a n internet forum - use the PM system please ==

Having been the voice of doom for the past few games (BTW I loved that egg on my face after the point at Villa :)) I'm going for a point here.

We've started playing ugly again. While that's prompting some MB members to pull their faces it's exactly what we need for a trip to the Arse. They don't like it up em!

Nice preview Eddie, thank you.

As for the result - we'll get beaten. A draw will be a miracle & a win for us will be unthinkable.

But you never go into these games really thinking that we are going to get slaughtered. There's always this very slim hope of nicking a goal and hanging on to the 93rd minute.

Oh, sorry got to go now, Elle MacPherson has just knocked on the front door, her car has broken down & she needs a place to kip for the night.

As for the result - we'll get beaten. A draw will be a miracle & a win for us will be unthinkable.

I think colin pretty much sums up what i think in terms of the result.

I think we might get a real battering here. Even with a full strength squad going to the Emirates i would be ecstatic with a draw and would most likely predict as a loss. With all the players we have out either injured or suspended i can see a heavy defeat on the cards.

I'm going for a 4-0 loss i'm afraid.

Arsenal will bring us back down to earth after some deceptive results that have perhaps clouded over our actual performances.

3 - 0 Arsenal, Santa Cruz to be isolated by a midfield completely outclassed and outplayed, especially if Reid is not passed fit to play.

Yes, I'm not feeling confident about this game!

I think Mark Hughes would be mortified about the negativity around here after years of trying to build confidence and expectations. I hope to God the players aren't going out there hoping to only lose by 3.

I think Mark Hughes would be mortified about the negativity around here after years of trying to build confidence and expectations. I hope to God the players aren't going out there hoping to only lose by 3.

Its very hard to be possitive playing Arsenal with a full strength team but with half a team out - WE ARE DOOMED :P

I will be driving to this one so if anyone requires a lift from the Harrogate/Leeds/York area send me a PM and we can sort something out.

The traffic around the emirates is the worst in England. My advice is to park at Potters Bar and tube it in - plenty of parking, its all camered up and it gives you decent access to the motorway going home.

I stayed there just before Christmas when Arsenal played at home in Europe and I got to PB some 40 mins after the game. I got home to Leyland at 330am whilst me mate who parked near the ground didnt see Lancashire until 5.30am. It took him some 3 hours to clear the main road around the ground.

This fixture always gets me riled up as there are two teams i really hate in the prem and thats Arsenal and Spurs.

Spurs because they are a bunch of cocky, self deluded morons.

Arsenal because of all the crap Wenger comes out with about physicality and violence everytime he drops points against us.

There must be something in the water in North London. :rolleyes:

Arsenal now reporting that they have 11 yes ELEVEN out for Monday

Some big names are out too - Flamini, Senderos, Almunia, Rosicky, Van persie, Senderos, Denilson, Djourou, Diaby, Eboue

If toure doesnt make it back in time - it could be Gilberto Silva or Hoyte and centre back with gallas. Theres still help if the clumsy Lehmann is in goal!

Some big names are out too - Flamini, Senderos, Almunia, Rosicky, Van persie, Senderos, Denilson, Djourou, Diaby, Eboue

If toure doesnt make it back in time - it could be Gilberto Silva or Hoyte and centre back with gallas. Theres still help if the clumsy Lehmann is in goal!

Not really big names. I mean, you'd only expect Rosicky, Eboue and Almunia to start, although all can be pretty easily replaced. Obviously a fully fit and on form Van Persie would be a big blow to lose, but they've been playing without him for most of the season.

So Toure might make it back but Eboue won't?

ok..

Hughes will get the boys stoked up for it, but the complete lack of midfielders makes selling savage seem a dreadul mistake..

If you watched Derby recently, you will have realised that Savage doesn't exist anymore.

Not really big names. I mean, you'd only expect Rosicky, Eboue and Almunia to start, although all can be pretty easily replaced. Obviously a fully fit and on form Van Persie would be a big blow to lose, but they've been playing without him for most of the season.

What about Flamini? He has kept Gilberto Silva out of the team all season.

Hopefully Reidy and Ooijer will be fit for our team, and I reckon we'll line up with a team similar to this:

Friedel - Emerton, Zurab, Ooijer, Warnock - Mokoena - Reid, Tugay, Bentley - Benni - Roque.

or maybe

Friedel - Emerton, Zurab, Ooijer, Warnock - Mokoena - Bentley, Reid, Tugay, Berner/Treacy - Roque.

Edit: Forgot about Derbyshire, since he might not be available.

Archived