BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trivia

There are 22, and yes I know them all! :wacko:

14 of them are unique to one club as well....

As am I..... :unsure:

There are some others....

Why are Hull City unique?

3 England captains to play for Scunthorpe United

8 players who have scored for at least 5 different Premiership teams

English teams furthest North, East, South and West

8 England players with an x in their name

Berwick, Norwich, Plymouth, Plymouth.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only team in British football who's name when written in capitals can't be coloured in.

Hull are unique as they're the biggest city in Europe never to have had a top flight club

A good one for killing time on a long journey (as long as no smart arse jumps straight on their Internet phone) is all the last words in football club names (e.g. Blackburn Rovers, Preston North End). You don't include FC, Football Club or the one-word clubs like Liverpool. There are about 20 in the 4 divisions.

A nasty one is which club name out of the 92 contains no letters from the word "mackerel".

All the club names that begin and end in the same letter (e.g. Liverpool, Aston Villa).

Yes, I'm great fun at parties.

Is that one Swindon Town by any chance Simon?

Hull are unique as they're the biggest city in Europe never to have had a top flight club

That hardly makes them unique though does it? Its the equivalent of saying that Rovers are unique as we are the only club called Blackburn Rovers to have ever won the Premier League...

:P

Which two clubs are nicknamed the hatters?

Well done,

It's a little known fact that both Stockport & Luton were both centres of the hat making industry some years ago. In fact Stockport has a hat making museum.

The hat making industry involved using mercury ( I think it was something to do with the nap of top hats.) So the hatters were exposed to it. This resulted in them suffering from mercury poisoning which affected the workers in a strange way before it killed them. They suffered from mental illness due to mercury poisoning.

Hence the phrase "Mad as a hatter" & Lewis Caroll's Mad Hatter in "Alice In Wonderland."

There you go. A bit of information for you. Happy to oblige.

McAteer...yes

Henchoz...No

This is starting to drive me nuts!

I'm beginning to suspect it's not someone who played at full back regularly for us, but just slotted in in an emergency. Even then I'm struggling, as I can't remember anyone who'd be half decent there; Speedie, Thommo, Pongolle, Bellamy or Friedel don't really strike me as full backs.

Though if it's something along the lines of an Everton player like Short (i.e Liverpool referring to the city), someone playing there for Rovers in a testimonial or such, or perhaps a Liverpool full back gifting us three goals in one game, then I'll kill you ;)

Probably very obvious though, I just can't think off it.

Archived