BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 39 Game Protest

Moppy

I know we have a topic for this general topic but there are calls for a protest about this. I think we need a topic to just discuss this aspect of it and keep it away from the general, rants about what a stupid idea it is and how it will ruin the ENGLISH league. Any ideas of how we could register our disgust at the next game. The protest wouldnt be aimed at Rovers as i think they would listen to our views but to try and get media attention. Maybe its worth linking in with the Football Supporters Federations? http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/news0095no-to-game-39.html

I know we have a topic for this general topic but there are calls for a protest about this. I think we need a topic to just discuss this aspect of it and keep it away from the general, rants about what a stupid idea it is and how it will ruin the ENGLISH league. Any ideas of how we could register our disgust at the next game. The protest wouldnt be aimed at Rovers as i think they would listen to our views but to try and get media attention. Maybe its worth linking in with the Football Supporters Federations? http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/news0095no-to-game-39.html

I think its a very good idea to take the game around the world and sell Rovers to the world, obviously things like the shared costs and who you play a third time have to be discussed in more detail to make it fairer.

Speaking of costs they'd have to be evenly distributed amongst the prem clubs, if not, then for me its dead in the water.

I didnt intend this thread for a debate on whether or not this is a good idea. We have one of those already called "This will stop Jordan's Plan", maybe it should be renamed for those like me who dont know what Jordan's Plan is! This was intended for those who are against it and which to let their views be known.

Why the need to create a seperate thread...so those against can believe their own selfish crappolla without being challenged by the rational?

No the whole purpose of the other thread is so you can challenge views. The idea of this was for those of a set view to work out if/how they want to make that known. I raised it as a separate thread so the two different things could be separated. The fact you obviously class people who area with your view as rational and every one else as simply believing "their own selfish crappolla" shows you don't really want to debate anyway. Ill accept their are arguments for the move. I feel that the arguments against it are more compelling to my views and it is my view not to want it. I want to do something about it and want to see who else wants to do that. You dont have to agree with me, if you dont then dont join in any action others take.

There is a much easier way.

Write to Sir red Faced Whinger at Mould triffid.

he thinks he should be spoken to about all things football before they become public knowledge such is his arrogance. Maybe he can be the ringleader of the gang - a bit like gary glitter !!!

I have just signed their petition and in doing so I noticed that supporters of every club in the EPL has signed and their clubs are all listed. But only 19 clubs are listed; the outstanding absentee being Blackburn Rovers which tells the whole of the FSF that Blackburn Rovers supporters are not interested in their protest.

I have just signed their petition and in doing so I noticed that supporters of every club in the EPL has signed and their clubs are all listed. But only 19 clubs are listed; the outstanding absentee being Blackburn Rovers which tells the whole of the FSF that Blackburn Rovers supporters are not interested in their protest.

I think we are, not sure why Rovers are not on that list, hopefully we will be.

A Rovers v Bolton game played in Dubai will have all the attraction of treading in a pile of dog-sh*t while walking the local park.

Kill this one now.

I think we are, not sure why Rovers are not on that list, hopefully we will be.

A Rovers v Bolton game played in Dubai will have all the attraction of treading in a pile of dog-sh*t while walking the local park.

Kill this one now.

Wow!! That would be brilliant. Football and warmth- in JANUARY!!!

Better than the Breezeblock!!

Why the need to create a seperate thread...so those against can believe their own selfish crappolla without being challenged by the rational?

You really are an ar5e sometimes. Do you practice at it? :huh:

Didnt BRISA become a member of the FSF...........????

Signed it. Like it will make any difference. The game is run by people who don't have football's best interests at heart. People with absolutely no class whatsoever. You knew that already though didn't you?

"We need to keep the profile of the game up so we can keep attracting the best players." Or words to that effect. What a load of old @#/?. Meanwhile the National side will be able to pick itself in a few years. Manchester United or Arsenal or Chelsea or Liverpool will win the league. Players will earn even more money. They'll be more games played in Miami at 7.00 in the morning than at Ewood Park. All in the name of progress and marketing. Wonderful.

At least the Directors and Chairmen of the clubs can have a nice holiday though. Oh and SKY.

Of course they think it's a good idea.

Apart from devaluing the Premier League (how the hell can you play a team three times in a season and all the others just twice?!?) what possible good does this do?

This has probably been mentioned elsewhere so aplogies if that is the case - didn't FIFA knock back the two Russian teams who wanted to play a league game at Wembley a month or so ago? Same principles surely? Maybe FIFA can actually do something useful for once and make the same call.

That way this can all be forgotten about and never mentioned again. <_< Yeah right.

It'll all end in tears.

If this idea is put into practice I for one would rather do away with relegation in the prem and have rovers play in the 1st Division. There are far more pressing matters in the prem for the big wigs to sort out ie making the league competative again. Selling our game to the money men will ruin it. How on earth can the justify an extra fixture half way around the world and still promote this league as being fair.

Example Watford are fighting relegation and get the third fixture drawn against Man U (pushing for another title and are in fine form). Derby are facing relegation and draw Villa (maybe they are struggling that year and are beatable for Derby) in the third fixture. The integrity of the league is lost.

This can not happen. Simple As

There is a much easier way.

Write to Sir red Faced Whinger at Mould triffid.

he thinks he should be spoken to about all things football before they become public knowledge such is his arrogance. Maybe he can be the ringleader of the gang - a bit like gary glitter !!!

That's a bit of loose reporting there by Sky I think, I heard the words come out of Fergie's mouth and I thought he was saying all managers should have been spoken to, in a sit down, prior to this announcement. Have to say on that he is right. I saw the wording on the scrolling news underneath and it reflected what you say, I remember at the time thinking that is not what Sir alex just said. I myself do not like this. Further degradation of the game in my opinion, to play one team 3 times is totally ludicrous.

How about doing it for a round of the FA Cup, wouldn't impact the league. I hope FIFA comes through on this and puts the kabosh on the whole thing

to be fair on him i'd say thats fair game. surely chairmen should ask managers, players for their opinions on the matter before they come out with it in public? or are they even not worth anything anymore?

That's all well and good but how about asking the fans who support the prem week in week out rain or shine. Their opinions/thoughts/concerns no longer count do they.

That's all well and good but how about asking the fans who support the prem week in week out rain or shine. Their opinions/thoughts/concerns no longer count do they.

well, that's a given anyway. but its best to ask the managers before you at least make it public, i mean once its public everyone knows about them anyway, but the fact they went ahead with these plans and announced them without even consulting actual football people is ridiculous too.

Signed it. Like it will make any difference.

Me too. Looks like the FSF are using our e-mail addresses to generate a lot of e-mail to the PL clubs and the PL itself. Have to say I didn't realise I was signing up for the FSF to use my e-mai address to harass the clubs, not sure I'm at all happy about that. So far I've had replies from WHAM and Big Club. This is what the PL are sending back:

Thank you for your email regarding the Premier League's plans for an international round of fixtures.

Premier League Clubs have agreed in principle to support plans to create a new round of 10 competitive fixtures to be played overseas beginning season 2010/11. This ‘international round’ will be in addition to the traditional 38 home and away matches each of the 20 Premier League Clubs currently play.

The ‘international round’ is an exciting and innovative proposal that needs careful consideration before being introduced. We believe that an ‘international round’ of matches will enhance the strength of the Premier League as a competition; create extra interest in all 20 Premier League Clubs at home and abroad; and allow increased investment in talent development and acquisition, facilities as well as our football development and community programmes.

The globalisation of sport is both an opportunity and a challenge; one that needs addressing in a responsible way. We are a better competition for being a cosmopolitan league and have benefited from our increased international reach. Nonetheless, it is critical we retain our English character by improving our efforts to produce home grown talent, deepening our commitment to community engagement and continuing our investment in the grass roots.

Please be assured that we do take all feedback seriously. We appreciate the concerns of supporters and will be taking all comments on board and consulting widely before the plans are finalised.

Kind regards

Communications Team

Signed it. Like it will make any difference.

Me too. Looks like the FSF are using our e-mail addresses to generate a lot of e-mail to the PL clubs and the PL itself. Have to say I didn't realise I was signing up for the FSF to use my e-mai address to harass the clubs, not sure I'm at all happy about that. So far I've had replies from WHAM and Big Club. This is what the PL are sending back:

Thank you for your email regarding the Premier League's plans for an international round of fixtures.

Premier League Clubs have agreed in principle to support plans to create a new round of 10 competitive fixtures to be played overseas beginning season 2010/11. This ‘international round’ will be in addition to the traditional 38 home and away matches each of the 20 Premier League Clubs currently play.

The ‘international round’ is an exciting and innovative proposal that needs careful consideration before being introduced. We believe that an ‘international round’ of matches will enhance the strength of the Premier League as a competition; create extra interest in all 20 Premier League Clubs at home and abroad; and allow increased investment in talent development and acquisition, facilities as well as our football development and community programmes.

The globalisation of sport is both an opportunity and a challenge; one that needs addressing in a responsible way. We are a better competition for being a cosmopolitan league and have benefited from our increased international reach. Nonetheless, it is critical we retain our English character by improving our efforts to produce home grown talent, deepening our commitment to community engagement and continuing our investment in the grass roots.

Please be assured that we do take all feedback seriously. We appreciate the concerns of supporters and will be taking all comments on board and consulting widely before the plans are finalised.

Kind regards

Communications Team

Archived