BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 39 Game Protest

Moppy

Signed it. Like it will make any difference.

Me too. Looks like the FSF are using our e-mail addresses to generate a lot of e-mail to the PL clubs and the PL itself. Have to say I didn't realise I was signing up for the FSF to use my e-mai address to harass the clubs, not sure I'm at all happy about that. So far I've had replies from WHAM and Big Club. This is what the PL are sending back:

Thank you for your email regarding the Premier League's plans for an international round of fixtures.

Premier League Clubs have agreed in principle to support plans to create a new round of 10 competitive fixtures to be played overseas beginning season 2010/11. This ‘international round’ will be in addition to the traditional 38 home and away matches each of the 20 Premier League Clubs currently play.

The ‘international round’ is an exciting and innovative proposal that needs careful consideration before being introduced. We believe that an ‘international round’ of matches will enhance the strength of the Premier League as a competition; create extra interest in all 20 Premier League Clubs at home and abroad; and allow increased investment in talent development and acquisition, facilities as well as our football development and community programmes.

The globalisation of sport is both an opportunity and a challenge; one that needs addressing in a responsible way. We are a better competition for being a cosmopolitan league and have benefited from our increased international reach. Nonetheless, it is critical we retain our English character by improving our efforts to produce home grown talent, deepening our commitment to community engagement and continuing our investment in the grass roots.

Please be assured that we do take all feedback seriously. We appreciate the concerns of supporters and will be taking all comments on board and consulting widely before the plans are finalised.

Kind regards

Communications Team

Looks like they downloaded a multiple mailer for posts to brfcs.com whilst they were about it.

You can say that again.

Sorry - very poor.

I've had the same replies from the same orgs as well. Little bit naughty that of FSF. I probably missed some small print or something.

That's a cracking post from Scott Sellars by the way in the other thread / Alan's News front page. Presumably not the ex Rovers player Scott Sellars who is Assistant Manager at Chesterfield. What division are they in? Why on earth does he bother? What's the point in it all if you can't earn millions and millions of pounds out of football?

So we were all questioning why all these foreign investors (and Americans) wanted to buy EPL clubs? You can't possibly make money out of a Premier League Football Club can you? Well now we know.

Clearly the "one game a season" will be a great success - "But all the games sold out" - "let's make it five games a season next year and see how we get on?" - "We'll be quids in, sorry not quids in, it'll be great for the marketability of the EPL product".

Besides if you were an American owner would you really want a weekend in Blackburn? Surely Miami has the edge?

i'm not dead against the idea it would be good in the long term however, this extra game should not be played at the end of the season. The outrage it would cause if fans had to watch their team either win the title or avoid relegation in a foreign country on their tv sets rather than the stadiums would cause irreversible damage to the league. The final day of the season is one of the most exciting days of the season to have it in foreign countries over two days would be a massive mistake. Fortunately I believe that pressure from the fans and the media will force them to rethink it. If the matches do go ahead they will most likely be mid season

Archived