BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy's New Contract

Personally I'd rather see us play in the Championship but with players who play for Rovers, not tourists in a temporary blue and white shirt.

Well it could easily be arranged believe me.

I think you need to get a dose of reality and look at the bigger picture. Rovers are an employer. However much people enjoy working for us there are larger businesses who for will always be able to offer employees perks Rovers can't.

You can take it all touchy, get all annoyed and pretend that might not be the case (The worst of the majority of football fans bad habits) or just accept it, and get on with it.

They're only footballers. I wouldn't be so arsed.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I'd rather see us play in the Championship but with players who play for Rovers, not tourists in a temporary blue and white shirt.

More expensive football, crap to watch, virtually no media coverage and poor atmospheres! I'd wager that you're on your own there Mr E.

and ..... you'd probably have to settle for the Conference! :rover:

I think we wil always struggle to hold onto our better players,because there are way better offers available which we cant match.football is stil football,however football has dramatically changed in terms of the financial aspect.whereas 20 years ago,u had record signings of 500k today we talking 50mil for a player.today its about playing champions league and winning trophy's,which is what all players aspire to.if as a club u cant offer that to a player,he wil look for greener pastures.we have to accept that,and at least make sure we qualify for the uefa cup on a consistent basis,because then u at least u are able to attract players who wil stay longer than what they currently doing.

For all the bitching and moaning there are only about 30 clubs in the footballing world which are more attractive to play for than Rovers. Outside fo the CL the next most popular competition is the English Premiership and we are an established club there. So we are doing alright in terms of attracting talent.

Because Championship players never look to join a Premiership team....

Because Championship players never look to join a Premiership team....

:lol: :lol:

Good point. If we were in the Championship even Rovers born and bred players like Dunn and Derbyshire would look to move on eventually, its their career.

Everybody bangs on about how footballers have no loyalty. Well i'm not sure that is different in any walk of life. They play the game to succeed and improve, not to gratify a bunch of fans. The fans do not own them just the way your employers do not own you.

To be honest if my boss and shareholders kept on telling me how lucky I was to represent my firm and how I owed them the earth, and yet I was easily good enough to work for another employer at the same level I would think about going somewhere where I was not viewed as an indentured servent.

Such is life.

I'm a bit surprised at people's attitudes. What does success matter when you lose the heart and soul of the club? Why would you cheer for players who are there only for themselves? And if you're ok with that, why support Rovers in the first place? If you're only concerned with trophies and big players, surely ManUn or Chelsea would be a better choice?

And without the fans none of these overpaid "stars" would have a job. Fans are the lifeblood of this sport, of course they have a responsibility to them. I for one would like to stay old-fashioned and hope that there is some loyalty left. I fail to see any appeal at all in the "modern business" where a club really is just another job and means nothing.

I'm a bit surprised at people's attitudes. What does success matter when you lose the heart and soul of the club? Why would you cheer for players who are there only for themselves? And if you're ok with that, why support Rovers in the first place? If you're only concerned with trophies and big players, surely ManUn or Chelsea would be a better choice?

And without the fans none of these overpaid "stars" would have a job. Fans are the lifeblood of this sport, of course they have a responsibility to them. I for one would like to stay old-fashioned and hope that there is some loyalty left. I fail to see any appeal at all in the "modern business" where a club really is just another job and means nothing.

Then to have the opposite argument if you are uninterested in talent and only care about the players wanting to play for the club why not support you local pub team? All honest guys wanting to play football for the fun of it.

It is all about balance.

Blackburn star - we can challenge top 4

Quote from Benni...

"Next season if I step up my game then with me, Roque, Jason Roberts, and Matt Derbyshire coming through, we'll have no problems in the striking department.

"I'm 30 years old and I still hope, over the next two or three years, there may be the possibility of a sniff of the Champions League with this club.

"The players here are good enough to play in the Champions League so if, for one season, we can concentrate from the word go we have the strength and the possibility to challenge the Manchester Uniteds and Arsenals."

Seems that Benni has finally got over the Chelsea speculation and might be thinking that little old Blackburn is the best place for him after all. Now if only he could form a partnership with Roque...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived